Band Dokken: Yay or Nay?

Texas King

Band Dokken: Yay or Nay?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Band Dokken: Yay or Nay?

Hair metal was that type of genre where if you tried to innovate with it in the least you really weren't doing it right. :-) What was the first big hair metal hit? Was it Cum on Feel The Noize by Quiet Riot? Whatever it was, after that point, everyone knew exactly how to write hair metal and the type of video required to promote it.
  • Like 2

I am not a hair metal fan, but I love Dokken and Ratt, and early Bon Jovi (and most of the post-hair metal stuff too haha).
  • Like 1

One of those HAIR bands. Lynch is widely considered as an above-average guitarist. And I have to agree with that.

But I say to their music material: Nay

You?

http://metallian.com/metimages/dokken.jpg

So I took the poll, read this ^^ post, then skipped to the end because that pretty much exactly sums up whatever I would have said. I listened to several of their early albums and . . . meh. I moved on and have never thought "man, I wonder why Dokken never got bigger?".

Edited by Nova Carmina

I always hear that grunge killed hair metal. I have my doubts. Hair metal, like pretty much all popular music genres, simply ran out of gas (or was it hairspray?). Grunge, having developed its tropes and underground fan base during the 80s, was by the early 90s mature and ready for commercial exploitation. It was at the right place at the right time and was the logical replacement for something that was already on the way out. Hair metal may have been still selling some records during that period but it was ready to be knocked off its throne. Edited by Three Eyes

One of those HAIR bands. Lynch is widely considered as an above-average guitarist. And I have to agree with that.

But I say to their music material: Nay

You?

http://metallian.com/metimages/dokken.jpg

HELL YES!!

George Lynch is one of the greatest guitar players on the planet!!!

• Like 1

Hair metal was that type of genre where if you tried to innovate with it in the least you really weren't doing it right. :-) What was the first big hair metal hit? Was it Cum on Feel The Noize by Quiet Riot? Whatever it was, after that point, everyone knew exactly how to write hair metal and the type of video required to promote it.

Yup! Hence I'm a Hair Metal Whore!

• Like 1

They did a great theme song for NOES 3 which is the best of the sequels. However, I prefer Alice Coopers Jason theme song from a year before for a biased reason since I’m team Jason.

Also the best sequel in THAT horror series.

HQFr.gif

Tough call between whether I like Dream Warriors or He's Back better. But Freddy is much better than Jason and Cooper is on a completely different level than Dokken.

Hair metal and Horror! Perfect fusion!!!

Donn't forget about the "Trick Or Treat" soundtrack featuring FASTWAY!

I am not a hair metal fan, but I love Dokken and Ratt, and early Bon Jovi (and most of the post-hair metal stuff too haha).

HELL YES! Lol!

Michael, do you like the first two SKID ROW albums?

Not sure I ever played them...I have an article to share with you. Gotta find it...a British magazine recently did a 10 hair metal bands that should have made it big, I actually liked all ten songs featured on the list ������

Excellent! Would love to see that article! Please listen to the debut Skid Row album and their sophomore masterpiece "Slave To The Grind."

Here it is:. https://www.loudersound.com/features/10-hair-metal-bands-who-should-have-been-huge

• Like 1

HELL YES! Lol!

Michael, do you like the first two SKID ROW albums?

Not sure I ever played them...I have an article to share with you. Gotta find it...a British magazine recently did a 10 hair metal bands that should have made it big, I actually liked all ten songs featured on the list ������

Excellent! Would love to see that article! Please listen to the debut Skid Row album and their sophomore masterpiece "Slave To The Grind."

Here it is:. https://www.louderso...-have-been-huge

Oh my Michael! I am that guy! I have every album by all of those bands! Lol! Of course I do! VAIN should have been huge! I've written about them on here for years. Their first album "No Respect" is a metal masterpiece!

I love SPREAD EAGLE!!!

This is my kind of thread! Thanks Texas King! I went to this bar in Walnut Creek on Saturday nite called Retro Junkie. It's my kind of place! They have cover bands from 8 to 11pm.

Saturday I met some buddies and we saw CRUELLA. An all female Motley Crue cover band. They totally kicked ass! I was in shock! They played most of the "Too Fast For Love" record.

• Like 1

This is my kind of thread! Thanks Texas King! I went to this bar in Walnut Creek on Saturday nite called Retro Junkie. It's my kind of place! They have cover bands from 8 to 11pm.

Saturday I met some buddies and we saw CRUELLA. An all female Motley Crue cover band. They totally kicked ass! I was in shock! They played most of the "Too Fast For Love" record.

Were they hot??

• Like 1

Were they hot??

They were older Pat. Very pretty. They could play though!

Were they hot??

They were older Pat. Very pretty. They could play though!

40?

The first 3 Crue and Ratt albums, along with the first Cinderella album and first 4 Dokken albums are all killer. I'[m not a 'hair metal' fan, but those were straight up 80's metal albums that still hold up today for the most part. George Lynch didn't have a lot of presence on his guitar, particularly live, but he was a f***ing beast and they wrote killer hooks. Most bands aren't worth the skid marks in his underwear. KEEP ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN!!!! GIVE TILL IT HURTS TO THE DON DOKKEN DREAM WARRIOR FOUNDATION!!! Is this a thing? I dunno, but it should be. It sounds cool.
  • Like 2