Spoiler! Geddy And Alex To Try Out An Unknown Drummer!!! It's Just a "Far Cry"

RUSHHEAD666

So why not try something new!

I love beating a dead horse on here like many of you Rush Fruits.

At least I am a real fan. You can't take that away from me EVER.

So in a STYX thread I was brainstorming about something possibly original on to type on the Rush Forum.

We and myself included have always been typing about "Who will replace Neil on the drums" if Ged and Al continue on.

Well it was like a Texas King Circus.

Danny Carey

Even I said Simon Phillips.

But what if.....

For a moment, Geddy and Alex decided to once again tryout drummers to replace Neil.

To be honest and knowing Neil being part of the Drum Collective he would give the boys the blessing to find someone young or old yet unknown to fit the bill.

Now fine.

Forget the RUSH name.

It could just be a project.

But I think it would be cool if Geddy and Alex did tryout hundreds of drummers to record and tour again.

Yep!

Again...

Rutsey

Peart

And then who???

YOU?

Lot's of great drummers on this Forum.

I'm not great. I just good, but I would tryout just for the experience.

"Are You Experienced?

Love,

Jimi Hendrix

Get it?

Three pieces rule.

And I'm not typing about a suit.

Sue me! LOL!

So hard to be original on here. Love the challenge.

Maybe another quiet 21 year-old genius driving around with his pots and pans stuffed into the back of a Pinto, like they did last time?

You never know, it could happen again!

• Like 3

As I said in past threads...

I don't think it's only about drumming skills. I think it'd be more about chemistry and not being too enamored or overwhelmed by Dirk & Lerxst. For this reason my first pick has always been Matt Cameron. He's a skilled, veteran rock drummer and he has already recorded an album with Geddy.

My second choice would be former Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. He's very active behind the kit and has had a lot of success. So I think he'd be less likely to be in awe of Geddy & Alex than much younger rock drummers would be.

A young virtuoso drummer as Peart's replacement? Sure there must be some around that have the technical skills but I imagine putting an untested 18-22 year old in that new Rush situation would be too much for almost any young musician. I can imagine a young drummer being just a skilled robot and not a true third Rush member.

• Like 3

Wow okay these threads are annoying.

Alex and Geddy would never replace Neil, there bond has been unbreakable for over 40 years, Neil is the glue that has held this best friendship together. There Chemistry(hehe) together is amazing, and never will be broken.

Maybe Rush is taking a break, maybe Alex or Geddy or both will go solo, who knows? But Rush will never be Rush without Neil.

There will be no 3rd member replacement, I know it.

Edited by Permanent-Rush

Alex and Geddy would never replace Neil, there bond has been unbreakable for over 40 years, Neil is the glue that has held this best friendship together. There Chemistry(hehe) together is amazing, and never will be broken.

Maybe Rushis taking a break, maybe Alex or Geddy or both will go solo, who knows? But Rush will never be Rush without Neil.

You know what I do when I see an annoying thread?

I DON'T POST IN THEM!!!

I think you like feeling annoying. Or, at the very least, you like reporting that you're annoyed.

*This neutral thread is a single, innocent line of words that doesn't need to be clicked on.

• Like 4

It's a forum, so no harm beating a dead horse I suppose... But if we're doing so, I wonder if its best to do it in existing threads?

It's best to have none of these threads tbh, why can't we just discuss something else??

As I've said to others when they post something similar:

Go ahead and make those threads then!

...but they never do make such threads that they claim they want.

It's a forum, so no harm beating a dead horse I suppose... But if we're doing so, I wonder if its best to do it in existing threads?

It's best to have none of these threads tbh, why can't we just discuss something else??

Binky time...

• Like 1

Binky time...

What does that mean?

...to be fair Rush hasn't stopped touring yet.

EXACTLY.

And where the hell have you been lately? I was in your area recently. Not even sure where your area is, but I've covered all of eastern MA but the Cape, so I was close...

• Like 1

...to be fair Rush hasn't stopped touring yet.

EXACTLY.

And where the hell have you been lately? I was in your area recently. Not even sure where your area is, but I've covered all of eastern MA but the Cape, so I was close...

some advice....just in case you missed a city or two near my locale. :)

aaf9e598c64a1f8c4bc4abeb7e6e895b.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm still trying to hang with Neil. I just don`t understand why he won`t talk to me, I'm his favorite fan.

Ha ha. Actually my mind races thinking of Earl taking over the lyric writing, not the drums!

Earl has already written many of Rush's lyrics. It's just that Peart intercepted and edited them before Geddy checked them out. As a result, Earl never got any credit.

Here are a few lines from a song Earl titled "The Larger Earl":

I am blessed and I am cursed

My ex-wife now done stole my worth

While others only see my worst

Snort a lot of coke on the Earth

• Like 2

Maybe another quiet 21 year-old genius driving around with his pots and pans stuffed into the back of a Pinto, like they did last time?

You never know, it could happen again!

I wish that I could live it all again :codger:
  • Like 1

Maybe Rush is taking a break, maybe Alex or Geddy or both will go solo, who knows? But Rush will never be Rush without Neil.

"their bond", not "there bond"

• Like 1

You aren't going to stop people making threads they want to make. You need to start your own RUSH forum then you can moderate it yourself and put a stop to all the threads you don't like. We have a Mod wannabe here everyone.

• Like 4

Maybe Rushis taking a break, maybe Alex or Geddy or both will go solo, who knows? But Rush will never be Rush without Neil.

You know what I do when I see an annoying thread?

I DON'T POST IN THEM!!!

I think you like feeling annoying. Or, at the very least, you like reporting that you're annoyed.

*This neutral thread is a single, innocent line of words that doesn't need to be clicked on.

Why even read a thread that you don't like?

• Like 4

Maybe you can learn how to control minds. That's your only hope.

• Like 2

Ha ha. Actually my mind races thinking of Earl taking over the lyric writing, not the drums!

Hahahaha! You guys are too much! Love ya! Yeah, me on the drums and writing my late night lyrics for Geddy and Alex! The new RUSH record will have a "Parental Advisory" sticker. LOL!

Earl, stop being modest.

Just send Geddy and Alex your demo vid.

The rest will be history, your rise to fame will be meteoric, and TRF will finally have a resident star.

"Beautiful Dreamer"

Love,

Yesterday & Today :)

• Like 1