Roger Water's New Album "Is This the Life We Really Want?"

Bigbobby10

The last time I saw Waters perform was also in Oracle. Years ago when I was happily married.

Snowy White was on guitar. It made my night.

Signed,

THIN LIZZY

Snowy White is da man.

Mick

• Like 1

Wow. This is really awesome! I honestly didn't think he had this in him. CANNOT wait to hear this live (although) it will just be a few songs.)

Very biting. There does seems to be a bit of a lull in the middle but it's really not that bad. The four times I listened so far, the middle has been getting better.

Very biting album. Very impressed.

I've got a couple spins of this in; certainly very bleak picture. Obvious Floyd references. Excellent production by Nigel Godrich (can hear a Radiohead flavor within). No guest guitarists as in the past. Songs are pretty well focused

So far, cannot hold a candle to Amused to Death (one of my favorite albums), but I will give it time. Albums like this tend to grow on me - but also depend on my mood and ability to access that. This is a tough one at the present time.

It took me a a few listens to REALLY appreciate Amused To Death. I liked it well enough when I first heard it but it kept paying off even more after repeated listens. I'm still bummed he didn't play the whole thing live but I guess he knows what many American concert-goers are looking for.

I figured Life would be a more desperate version of Amused To Death, but we'll see.

ATD Live would have been a horrible move money wise. what he did play live from it was amazing however.

Mick

Economic suicide but I would love to have seen more emphasis on those last two.

• Like 1

I havent heard it and who knows when i will get around to it. As many said i find his solo work a bit off. Its pretty obvious he needed david and the band to keep him from drifting too far lol

Also why does waters hate trump do much? He is english, no?

I hate when musicians, constantly bring up politics. Their views mean nothing to me

Edited by djflex

I have tickets for Roger in Sept and have the new album. From what I've seen on youtube, his show looks fantastic. I've been sidetracked with listening to Elder and King Buffalo lately so I need to stop and focus on Roger soon.

I'm hoping that Roger won't need to reference trump much longer :eyeroll:

Honestly, after repeated listens of this at work and home, I have to say I appreciate this album more as background noise than a listening experience to enjoy. Unless you're a diehard Roger fan, you're really not going to like it. For what it's worth, this is my personal ranking list for Roger:

Amused to Death

Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

Radio KAOS

Is This The Life We Really Want?

Ca Ira

• Like 1

Honestly, after repeated listens of this at work and home, I have to say I appreciate this album more as background noise than a listening experience to enjoy. Unless you're a diehard Roger fan, you're really not going to like it. For what it's worth, this is my personal ranking list for Roger:

Amused to Death

Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

Radio KAOS

Is This The Life We Really Want?

Ca Ira

About my ranking too.

pros And Cons doesn't get enough credit among Roger fans. it's great.

Mick

"The Most Beautiful Girl" is a great Bowie track. So is "The Last Refugee".

"Bird in a Gale" is a lost Animals track.

"Smell the Roses" goes back to Meddle. A lost section of "Echoes". It can't touch Mr. Gilmour.