Led Zeppelin VS Cream song knockout?

Texas King

Led Zeppelin VS Cream song knockout?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Led Zeppelin VS Cream song knockout?

• Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
    • Cream - White Room

Ginger says he's broke. The lyricist gets half the royalties, and the musician who write the rhythm gets the other half. The drummer gets nothing. That's what he said.

If the drummer's name is on the songwriting credit then they get something. But in general, playing the drums isn't part of what is considered writing the song.

Ginger says he's broke. The lyricist gets half the royalties, and the musician who write the rhythm gets the other half. The drummer gets nothing. That's what he said.

If the drummer's name is on the songwriting credit then they get something. But in general, playing the drums isn't part of what is considered writing the song.

Unless you're Mike Portnoy and you insist on doing lyrics about your dad and the Count of Monte Cristo and throw in a little death growly thing, then you get a royalty check!

• Like 1

White Room by a mile. The Zep tune is decent for what it is (a white boy blues jam) but White Room is one of THE great rock songs...and c'mon Cream was so damn good, shame Baker and Bruce couldn't get along...not that Baker could get along with anyone...that dude is f***ing crazy.
  • Like 5

I drove my parents nuts playing Led Zep III over and over and over in the car, so Since I've Been Loving You has a special place ... I've always loved it, still do, and while it may not be in the same league as White Room, I like it better

• Like 2

I drove my parents nuts playing Led Zep III over and over and over in the car, so Since I've Been Loving You has a special place ... I've always loved it, still do, and while it may not be in the same league as White Room, I like it better

Exactly how I feel. Have always really loved Since I've Been Loving You.

White Room by a mile. The Zep tune is decent for what it is (a white boy blues jam) but White Room is one of THE great rock songs...and c'mon Cream was so damn good, shame Baker and Bruce couldn't get along...not that Baker could get along with anyone...that dude is f***ing crazy.

Ginger is an extremely talented drummer and an extremely horrible human being.

oh, back to the subject at hand...white room easily.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Cream is creaming Zeppelin!

To tell you the truth, I'm happy about that. I love Cream.

Watch this Ginger Baker documentary. The man makes Keith Moon look sane.

https://youtu.be/UeT8Hqab79E

I loved that film :yes:

It was very good.

I'm always amazed to discover any musician that was in a band in the sixties and is still alive has any sanity left or his wits about him. I'm referring to Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood. Eric actually sounds intelligent. As does Steve. Who knew? ;) :LOL: :cool:

Ginger is an extremely talented drummer and an extremely horrible human being.

oh, back to the subject at hand...white room easily.

The comments posted under that documentary, some of them must have been made by those who knew him. They say even worse than you. I don't think he was ever playing with a full deck; fame made him worse.

• Like 1

I love Since I've Been Loving You so I had to vote for that.

Both great songs. Plus Clapton is playing Gibsons. Never really liked Clapton much after the John Mayall/Cream/Blind Faith/Derek&Dominos run (of which he had great supporting casts).

Plus Since I've Been Loving You is twice the length of White Room so you get double goodness.

Cream is creaming Zeppelin!

To tell you the truth, I'm happy about that. I love Cream.

Watch this Ginger Baker documentary. The man makes Keith Moon look sane.

https://youtu.be/UeT8Hqab79E

I loved that film :yes:

It was very good.

I'm always amazed to discover any musician that was in a band in the sixties and is still alive has any sanity left or his wits about him. I'm referring to Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood. Eric actually sounds intelligent. As does Steve. Who knew? ;) :LOL: :cool:

I read both Clapton and Baker's autobiographies. Both seemed like pretty crappy people, but between the book and the film I came away favouring Baker because he at least wasn't all full of shit about it.