I have a really rare, old, signed baseball I want to send to Geddy...

GedsJeans

The fascination (infatuation?) some women here have with Geddy is perplexing.

That's cuz you're a man and by definition don't understand women or what they find hot. Geddy = hot.

Attractiveness is very subjective, but take a poll of 100 random non-Rush fan women, and I'd bet a paycheck that 80% would say not only is Geddy unattractive, he's unfortunately so. You and the other female Rush fans that find him "hot" or just attractive, likely have your vision colored by him being in Rush. And BTW, that's rather sexist of you to make such an assertion.

Didn't you have a Himmler avatar for months?

Does ones avatar equate to having a fascination or infatuation with that person, place, or thing? You sound like one of those dillholes who think if you criticize Hillary, you must be a Trump supporter or vice versa.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

That's cuz you're a man and by definition don't understand women or what they find hot. Geddy = hot.

Attractiveness is very subjective, but take a poll of 100 random non-Rush fan women, and I'd bet a paycheck that 80% would say not only is Geddy unattractive, he's unfortunately so. You and the other female Rush fans that find him "hot" or just attractive, likely have your vision colored by him being in Rush.

Didn't you have a Himmler avatar for months?

Does ones avatar equate to having a fascination or infatuation with that person, place, or thing? You sound like one of those dillholes who think if you criticize Hillary, you must be a Trump supporter or vice versa.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

i wonder if gedsjeans is disappointed that no one picked up on the tragedy baiting and asked her why she's disposing of her life savings or what she means about her baseball getting lost to the void in the upcoming days.
  • Like 2

No, I surely don't expect him to photograph himself with the ball or even write me a thank-you note. That would be ludicrous.

I've used my savings to buy some of Alex's reprinted paintings from the Kidney Foundation, so that was my way of saying "thank you" to Alex. I've bought Neil's books; that was my "thank you" to him. I've donated the rest to local animal shelters.

I want the ball to have found a home with someone who will appreciate it. I don't want it lost to the void in the upcoming days. This will be my "thank you" to Geddy and it will give me some peace. The "thank you"s I may or may not receive in return are not a concern for me. It's not about that.

Thank you to everyone for your help, or lack of help.

I wish you all happiness and peace in this weary world,

GedsJeans over and out. :heart:

i wonder if gedsjeans is disappointed that no one picked up on the tragedy baiting and asked her why she's disposing of her life savings or what she means about her baseball getting lost to the void in the upcoming days.

Umm, that's a pretty harsh way to put that, and not supportive of someone who may be in quite a serious situation, now that you point it out. But you're right, :facepalm:

I hadn't noticed that myself. GedsJeans has posted in an older thread, 'Rush and the Broken People', about a very challenging and traumatic childhood; and she may be dealing with anxiety and depression. Everyone has their own way of expressing that, and unless it has occurred over and over here frequently, I think it's harsh to call it tragedy baiting. Maybe she is just making a clean break with her past for some reason and moving on in a new relationship or as a spiritually new person or something.

But GedsJeans, I quoted you in hopes that you will see this . . .if you really are planning something desperate, please go to the ER or tell a close friend or relative, or feel free to pm me, or post in the anxiety and depression thread. :hug2: :hug2: I know, it sounds silly- oh wait- change your plans and post here !! , but there are others here, including me, who have dealt with emotional challenges and you are definitely not alone. Take care and please, please, keep in touch- if only to post a photo of Geddy with the magnificent baseball!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

No, I surely don't expect him to photograph himself with the ball or even write me a thank-you note. That would be ludicrous.

I've used my savings to buy some of Alex's reprinted paintings from the Kidney Foundation, so that was my way of saying "thank you" to Alex. I've bought Neil's books; that was my "thank you" to him. I've donated the rest to local animal shelters.

I want the ball to have found a home with someone who will appreciate it. I don't want it lost to the void in the upcoming days. This will be my "thank you" to Geddy and it will give me some peace. The "thank you"s I may or may not receive in return are not a concern for me. It's not about that.

Thank you to everyone for your help, or lack of help.

I wish you all happiness and peace in this weary world,

GedsJeans over and out. :heart:

GedsJeans, I didn't even see this post until Anthemic and BluesChica pointed it out

The greatest gift you could give Geddy - and everyone else, including yourself - would be to talk with people who can help you ..

This world needs people like you ... You mentioned the animal shelters, and there are going to be dogs you help in the coming years that will be extremely grateful that you were able to overcome this difficult period and be here to help them ..

And we're all here too, if that helps

• Like 1

While a nice gesture, I'm not sure I would give something with enough value to pay my rent for a while to a multi millionaire who buys stuff like I am sending them like I buy a bottle of water. Besides, Geddy gave away a bunch of his ball collection. Who's to say that he wouldn't just give away the ball.

Strange thing about human nature is many times, people just don't value things that are free.

Nice gesture though.

I too am uncomfortable with the term tragedy baiting. It strikes me that posts of this nature are olive branches that are being extended as a way of asking for help. We owe it to one another to be there and to support.. Not only on this forum, but in our day to day lives as well. Michael Landsbergs "sick, not weak" organization is a great place to turn for support. https://www.sicknotweak.com Edited by Phantom
  • Like 2

Yea "tragedy baiting" is quite harsh, especially when one has no clue of the person's true story or motives.

be careful not to judge and make your words soft and sweet in case you need to eat them..