Best Marvel Cinematic Universe Feature Film?

JohnnyBlaze

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which MCU movie do you like the most?

• Iron Man
    • The Incredible Hulk
    • Iron Man 2
    • Thor
    • Captain America: The First Avenger
    • Marvel's The Avengers
    • Iron Man 3
    • Thor: The Dark World
    • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • Ant-Man
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • Doctor Strange
  2. 2. Which 2017 MCU film are you looking forward to the most?

• Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming
    • Thor: Ragnarok

I'm not sure I can pick three best ones, there's a lot of films that are too close. Three worst ones is easier; The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and probably Thor: The Dark World.

Wow. Guardians?!

Worst 3:

Iron Man 2...wanted to strangle Rockwell, writers had no idea what to do with Justin Hammer, Iron Man dancing.

Incredible Hulk...I like Roth a lot but I don't know what they were trying to do with Blonsky.

Thor 2...waste of Jane Foster, bunch of other stuff.

None of those would get Fs though.

Top 3:

Avengers 1 (definite # 1, the next two are much tougher and I could choose differently an hour from now)

Cap Civil War

Cap Winter Soldier

Yeah I'm not keen on the Guardians, I don't like any of the characters much, some are downright annoying, and it tries to be too cute.

I agree with your top 3, I think it's just that I didn't want to leave some of the other ones I like out.

I'm not sure I can pick three best ones, there's a lot of films that are too close. Three worst ones is easier; The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy and probably Thor: The Dark World.

I'll say this, the character butchering of Justin Hammer in Iron Man 2 and Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy are hard to forget. Embarrassing really. Not sure why any of the Marvel guys didn't stop the final versions of those two.

I still liked the Guardians movie as a whole though.

Wow. Guardians?!

Worst 3:

Iron Man 2...wanted to strangle Rockwell, writers had no idea what to do with Justin Hammer, Iron Man dancing.

Incredible Hulk...I like Roth a lot but I don't know what they were trying to do with Blonsky.

Top 3:

Avengers 1 (definite # 1, the next two are much tougher and I could choose differently an hour from now)

Cap Civil War

Cap Winter Soldier

Yeah I'm not keen on the Guardians, I don't like any of the characters much, some are downright annoying, and it tries to be too cute.

I agree with your top 3, I think it's just that I didn't want to leave some of the other ones I like out.

The character that was probably closest to the comic is Drax. This was the depowered version and a grey not green Drax but still, a good version I think.

Groot to me is still the classic version and not what was in the movie. Still, it didn't bother me.

Wow. Guardians?!

Worst 3:

Top 3:

Cap Civil War

Cap Winter Soldier

The character that was probably closest to the comic is Drax. This was the depowered version and a grey not green Drax but still, a good version I think.

Groot to me is still the classic version and not what was in the movie. Still, it didn't bother me.

It's the squirrel and Peter Quill that annoy me most.

Wow. Guardians?!

Worst 3:

Top 3:

Cap Civil War

Cap Winter Soldier

It's the squirrel and Peter Quill that annoy me most.

Rocket Raccoon? Well, he was never a character I liked in the comics to begin with. If anything, he's probably an improvement in the movie.

http://images.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_470,q_auto:good,w_620/g2f7l05thoildhhf3rgh.jpg

None have been perfect and some aren't good. But overall, they've been pretty enjoyable with a few great ones in there.

Starting with 2008's Iron Man and up to Doc Strange last year, which is your favorite? Which is the worst?

What can they do better? What would you like to see more/less of?

With respect,

I'd say Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Civil War were as close to perfect comic book movies are you're going to get this side of Superman 2.

Runners up would be Ant Man and Thor.

Edited by Del_Duio

Dr. Strange, followed by Ultron. Not really excited by any of the upcoming releases, but the Lad is amped for Guardians.

Was Dr Strange any good?

Nothing about the previews had me excited to see it at all and I still haven't.

• Like 1

Non comic reader here. I thought iron man was the best movie although I enjoyed ant man and guardians a lot. Looking forward to guardians 2.

Ant-Man was way better than I expected. I just wish Hank Pym weren't old Michael Douglas so that comic fans could see the original Ant-Man in his prime glory. I assume a flashback with exactly that will happen in the upcoming Ant-Man & Wasp flick.

Yes it was way way better than I thought it'd be too.

Dr. Strange, followed by Ultron. Not really excited by any of the upcoming releases, but the Lad is amped for Guardians.

Was Dr Strange any good?

Nothing about the previews had me excited to see it at all and I still haven't.

I enjoyed it.

http://images.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_470,q_auto:good,w_620/g2f7l05thoildhhf3rgh.jpg

None have been perfect and some aren't good. But overall, they've been pretty enjoyable with a few great ones in there.

Starting with 2008's Iron Man and up to Doc Strange last year, which is your favorite? Which is the worst?

What can they do better? What would you like to see more/less of?

With respect,

I'd say Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Civil War were as close to perfect comic book movies are you're going to get this side of Superman 2.

Runners up would be Ant Man and Thor.

I enjoyed all of them more than Superman 2. But that's probably because I'm much more of a Marvel than DC guy. But it also means I'm more critical.

If you can bear reading all of this, here's how I'd grade and critique those flicks you just mentioned.... ;)

Iron Man (A-). Only real complaint is that there wasn't a real villain that surfaced until close to the end.

Winter Soldier (A). Cap as he should be. Good use of Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Widow.

Avengers (A+). Best of the MCU bunch. I talked about this in an earlier post.

Captain America (B). It's gotten better with each viewing. Not sure how I'd try to make it better but I think it could've been better.

GotG (B+). I also talked about this earlier. Mainly, my problem was with how Yondu was portrayed. And I would've liked to have seen the original GotG team used, not what we got. But what we got was still a very enjoyable flick.

Civil War (A). Close to perfect. Could be perfect. Probably IS perfect as far as the use of so many characters.

Ant-Man (B+). Very fun and, as I said, better than I expected. I liked how different the tone was from every other MCU flick. Would've liked a better villain and a much younger Hank Pym though (late 40s).

Thor (B+). Has gotten better with additional viewings. I would've liked a more extended battle with the Destroyer though. Thor, Loki, Odin, and the Thor/Warriors 3/Loki/Lady Sif vs Frost Giants were the highlights

My favorites are Guardians and Ant-Man with Guardians edging it out.

I recently re-watched Ant-Man and it is a really fun movie. The plot is as unoriginal as a plot can be, but the cast is wonderful. And I enjoy the heist film angle.

My favorites are Guardians and Ant-Man with Guardians edging it out.

I recently re-watched Ant-Man and it is a really fun movie. The plot is as unoriginal as a plot can be, but the cast is wonderful. And I enjoy the heist film angle.

The genius of Ant-Man from a comic fan like me is that IF there were going to be a Marvel flick with a heist tone, it'd ONLY work with Scott Lang Ant-Man. It couldn't even work with a younger Hank Pym Ant-Man doing the job since he wasn't a thief. To me it shows how involved Marvel comic writers/creators are in their cinematic universe.

I don't think this is true with the DC movies. Most of the time over there it's as if it's just big budget Hollywood filmmakers getting paid to make DC superhero movies. Slapping on costumes and tossing in some explosions and collapsing buildings

Off the top of my head since they sort of all start to meld together and I'm not even sure which ones I haven't seen (one for sure that I've never come close to finishing is one of the Avengers movies-- they're in a forest at the start): the first Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Ant Man, GOTG are all very good to great. The Avengers Civil War was ok. Not a fan of F4, Hulk or Spiderman movies (except very first Spiderman). Loved Deadpool. I liked ALL the Wolverine movies. Liked all the X-Men (First Class maybe the least, DOFP the most).

Off the top of my head since they sort of all start to meld together and I'm not even sure which ones I haven't seen (one for sure that I've never come close to finishing is one of the Avengers movies-- they're in a forest at the start): the first Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Ant Man, GOTG are all very good to great. The Avengers Civil War was ok. Not a fan of F4, Hulk or Spiderman movies (except very first Spiderman). Loved Deadpool. I liked ALL the Wolverine movies. Liked all the X-Men (First Class maybe the least, DOFP the most).

ALL of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films are in the poll.

NONE of these were made by the MCU:

- The shitty Fantastic Four films

- The risky X-Men & Wolverine movies, more than half of which weren't good

- The bad Ang Lee Hulk movie

- any of the Spidey flicks, 3 out of 5 were bad BAD and very BAD

Oh, the Avengers movie which you were talking about that started in the forest was Age of Ultron (or Avengers part 2)

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Oh, the Avengers movie which you were talking about that started in the forest was Age of Ultron (or Avengers part 2)

That's the one. 3 tries and 3 times not close to finishing. Actually just noticed I haven't seen the first Avengers movie either and that the Civil War film was technically a CA title. Liked all 3 Cap films but with diminishing returns for the sequels from the original. Hopefully no more solo Hulk titles. Unfortunately Spiderman is a cash cow for marketing things to kids so we keep getting more Spidey reboots. His appearance in Civil War left a bad taste in my mouth, too CGIish. Not sure why the F4 keep getting films. They just don't work. And the last X-Men movie was the worst.

That's the one. 3 tries and 3 times not close to finishing. Actually just noticed I haven't seen the first Avengers movie either and that the Civil War film was technically a CA title. Liked all 3 Cap films but with diminishing returns for the sequels from the original. Hopefully no more solo Hulk titles. Unfortunately Spiderman is a cash cow for marketing things to kids so we keep getting more Spidey reboots. His appearance in Civil War left a bad taste in my mouth, too CGIish. Not sure why the F4 keep getting films. They just don't work. And the last X-Men movie was the worst.

Hulk...he's on loan from Universal Studios (who've made 2 shitty Hulk movies) to the MCU. He won't be getting a solo film anytime soon because the MCU isn't allowed to make one.

Spidey...it's more than just a "cash cow" thang. The Andrew Garfield Spidey reboot happened because Sam Raimi then Maguire quit somewhat abruptly on those original films. This 2nd reboot with Tom Holland is happening because the MCU now has creative control with Sony (who previously did all the Spidey films) getting the distribution deal.

FF...all 3 are very shitty with the last being one of the worst superhero films I've ever seen. I couldn't finish it actually. FF (2005) made $330 mill off a $100 mill budget. It wasn't a great return but it was fair. FF2 made $289 mill off $130 mill. There were plans for a third but for whatever reasons it got scrapped. Then the 2015 reboot was made. Why? I think Fox (distributing) wanted the possibility of an X-Men (Fox also owns them) crossover. But the reboot was so horrible it definitely won't happen now. FF CAN work if they're written by Marvel writers. None of them have been so far.

Marvel's The Avengers, and Guardians.

Tom Hiddleston sneering out the phrase "You mewling quim!" gets me right here -> :heart:

(Wait, was that in Thor, or The Avengers? I can't recall exactly. But it was one of them).

I voted for Iron Man because when that movie came out I thought it was fresh and I really liked it. I think I currently suffer from SHOD. (super-hero overload disorder) I haven't seen Iron Man since it came out in 2008 so I might not like as much now. I didn't really like the other Iron Man movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy was a very close second.

Marvel's The Avengers, and Guardians.

Tom Hiddleston sneering out the phrase "You mewling quim!" gets me right here -> :heart:

(Wait, was that in Thor, or The Avengers? I can't recall exactly. But it was one of them).

That was him talking to Black Widow while in his cell in Avengers 1.

• Like 1

I voted for Iron Man because when that movie came out I thought it was fresh and I really liked it. I think I currently suffer from SHOD. (super-hero overload disorder) I haven't seen Iron Man since it came out in 2008 so I might not like as much now. I didn't really like the other Iron Man movies.

IMHO Iron Man 2 is the worst of the MCU movies. At best, I'd give it a C-.

Iron Man 3 is watchable but not anything special. Maybe a C+ or B-. I think they shoehorned the Iron Patriot armor in there. But the multiple Iron Man suits were pretty cool I thought and a necessary step to lead into Ultron.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze