Adele is a singer, Beyoncé is a Model

Gompers

bfac2efe397de569363f5a7e0e0139ee.jpg

I know you think it's funny but I think she looks beautiful here without makeup.

Beyonce deserved the award. Lemonade is a milestone album and if ones here could look past the world of prog and metal they'd see it as a true iconic masterwork. I know so many people who were empowered by that album, and I found it to be a blistering and explosive listen, with a mixture of rawness and intimacy rare for artists in the mainstream.

Sure I will get scoffed at but she was the bravest artist in music last year. She could spend an entire career singing bubblegum ballads and sexy rnb but she chose instead to let her music speak for her and for what she believes in.

Adele released another album that has great pop songs. But it also has to be said, it adds nothing new too her repertoire.

Beyonce is an icon. A star and Lemonade was a phenomenal achievement. You don't need to like the music too appreciate the fact that for many it holds a lot of appeal and again, it is an empowering and beautiful album.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_XVVb9d8vcM/USkI8gmiapI/AAAAAAAAF_I/eNJqkIoDyd8/s1600/beyonce-superbowl-_2473946e.jpg

Shame a woman as beautiful as Beyonce can't have a bad photo and get away with it. Still stunning.

c997e1bd94bf44b77fc6e162d25176b8.jpg

She's acting here in a role. She's meant to be Etta James.

beyonce-no-makeup.jpg

Beyonce should release an unplugged album.

I_Am..._Yours_(CD_Cover_Art).png

I guess she did.

I gotta be honest, all this music is off my radar. I'm not into the Grammy's. I'm not into choreographed spectacle. From my perspective, people go out of their way to praise Adele and Beyonce. They are everywhere. And I hate the type of politics wrapped all around it.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 5

I gotta be honest, all this music is off my radar. I'm not into the Grammy's. I'm not into choreographed spectacle. From my perspective, people go out of their way to praise Adele and Beyonce. They are everywhere. And I hate the type of politics wrapped all around it.

For the longest time the Grammy's have been nothing more than an extension of the marketing arm of the recording industry. It's all hype to keep you tuned in.

• Like 2

I love how I get so passionate about Beyonce.

None of you realise I am sitting here reading a gripping book getting enraged by what's going on...and filtering the emotions here through Yonce rage!

I need to get a grip...and finish this amazing book nomnomnom

• Like 1

None of you realise I am sitting here reading a gripping book getting enraged by what's going on...and filtering the emotions here through Yonce rage!

if nothing else you gave me a flashback to my prince vs Michael poll.

i love the psychotic passion, lol

Mick

Mick

OK...I'm reading a series by Robin Hobb...it's getting way too intense...

And yes I love Beyonce an unhealthy amount but my passion is fuelled by my absolute infatuation and obsession with what I'm reading and you would have got the same reaction from me if we had a discussion on whats best:

Cucumber or Melon?

• Like 1

I just read this thread back and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

It's been a while since I've been this obnoxious hahaha!!!

• Like 1

Mick

Cucumber or Melon?

Just answer the question.

:)

• Like 1

Mick

Cucumber or Melon?

I love both.

But Melon released the better album.

• Like 1

In fairness Segue, a discussion on whether a gender filter is at play when judging the quality and importance of an artist is relevant. Obviously one can dislike Beyonce and Adele and have that be unrelated to gender, but nevertheless there's no question that the playing field isn't level. Be passionate!

Just remember that some people come by their opinions honestly, too.

Mick

Cucumber or Melon?

It's tough.......i love em both.

ummmmm........cucumber but ask me tomorrow it could be different.

lol

Mick

• Like 1

I will go with melon, easily.

Admittedly too much melon and I'd be sick of it, though.

Cucumber is simply the better choice, according to the experts.

I guess melon would be my guilty pleasure, but I tell my doctor I prefer cucumber.

In fairness Segue, a discussion on whether a gender filter is at play when judging the quality and importance of an artist is relevant. Obviously one can dislike Beyonce and Adele and have that be unrelated to gender, but nevertheless there's no question that the playing field isn't level. Be passionate!

Agreed.

I don't regret what I said. I truly believe if Beyonce was a man the criticism would be very different.

She is no where near as up her own ass as Prince was. And her music has never been as overtly sexual.

Sincerely asking, what criticism is Beyonce getting? Is it for being a diva? Is it for being self-important? Is it for being self-appointed royalty? I do know her last album was praised by critics and sold well? Is the criticism regarding identity politics?

Agreed.

I don't regret what I said. I truly believe if Beyonce was a man the criticism would be very different.

She is no where near as up her own ass as Prince was. And her music has never been as overtly sexual.

It seems quite the opposite to me. Beyonce is beyond reproach, and even suggesting that she's not a saint ends in cries of bias, racism, and sexism. I can't remember a recent case of a male star being that popular and beyond reproach.

Agreed.

Kanye West?

Agreed.

Kanye West?

His music is still really highly praised. And he doesn't have the same superstar aura...he's a total idiot regardless of how his music is recieved

Agreed.

Kanye West?

His music is still really highly praised. And he doesn't have the same superstar aura...he's a total idiot regardless of how his music is recieved

I'm a bit confused. Is the argument that Beyonce's music is highly praised? As far as I can see, the critics and her fans love her.

Agreed.

Kanye West?

I'm a bit confused. Is the argument that Beyonce's music is highly praised? As far as I can see, the critics and her fans love her.

Like always there's a crowd of people saying she's overrated.

I'm also aware I now sound like Fraroc.

I READ THIS ON THE INTERWEBS SO IT'S A FACT