Rate the Rush discography from the album Presto to Clockwork Angels(1989-2012)

Texas King

Rate the Rush discography from the album Presto to Clockwork Angels(1989-2012)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Rush discography from the album Presto to Clockwork Angels(1989-2012)

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

Vote and discuss.

I think they lost a fair amount of creativity in this period compared to their creative peak from 1976-1984, so 3 stars at best from me.

And what is your fave Rush album from this period?

Edited by Texas King

Presto and Vapor Trails are my favorite albums from this era, in terms of material and performance. Counterparts and Snakes and Arrows are the best sounding, production-wise.
  • Like 1

Not including Feedback, I rated each of the 7 studio albums and got the average. Ended up with 2.857 stars. I blame Bones and Snakes for bringing down the average.

I reluctantly choose Counterparts as the best of the Presto-onwards albums. It was either that or Clockwork BUT CA has more songs I don't care about than what's on Counterparts. However, I probably like the best 3 off CA more than the best 3 off Counterparts...whatever those 6 songs are (I didn't really think which are my favorites off those albums).

• Like 1

I reluctantly choose Counterparts as the best of the Presto-onwards albums. It was either that or Clockwork BUT CA has more songs I don't care about than what's on Counterparts. However, I probably like the best 3 off CA more than the best 3 off Counterparts...whatever those 6 songs are (I didn't really think which are my favorites off those albums).

Pretty good assessment there. Counterparts as a whole has better songs, but the highs on Clockwork are really good. For me, that would include the title track, for sure.
  • Like 3

Pretty good assessment there. Counterparts as a whole has better songs, but the highs on Clockwork are really good. For me, that would include the title track, for sure.

Presto was in the running for top album too because its best 3 are way up in the stratosphere.

Just for kicks, here are my top 3 off Presto, Counterparts, and CA...

- Presto

- The Pass

- Available Light

- Animate

- Cut to the Chase

- Alien Shore

- Clockwork Angels

- The Anarchist

- Headlong Flight

Just looking at that, Counterparts has the least strongest and CA has the 3 strongest...but oddly, those 3 off Presto sound the Rushiest to me. The vocals are much better off Presto anyway.

• Like 2

Presto- 8/10

Roll The Bones- 6/10

Counterparts- 8/10

Test For Echo- 7/10

Vapor Trails- 10/10

Feedback- 4/10

Snakes And Arrows- 5/10

Clockwork Angels- 6/10

Mixed bag.

• Like 2

Presto was in the running for top album too because its best 3 are way up in the stratosphere.

Just for kicks, here are my top 3 off Presto, Counterparts, and CA...

- Presto

- The Pass

- Available Light

- Animate

- Cut to the Chase

- Alien Shore

- Clockwork Angels

- The Anarchist

- Headlong Flight

Just looking at that, Counterparts has the least strongest and CA has the 3 strongest...but oddly, those 3 off Presto sound the Rushiest to me. The vocals are much better off Presto anyway.

Great vocals on Presto! :yes:

And those three CA tracks rekindle RUSH's epicness. The balance of the album, not so much...and the production is poor.

• Like 1

Vapor Trails- 10/10

That's my bag.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

I love this album and I love it more than I love Rush as a band.

I would have a hard time living without this album. Something I can't really say right now about any other Rush album...

• Like 3

Vapor Trails- 10/10

That's my bag.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

I love this album and I love it more than I love Rush as a band.

I would have a hard time living without this album. Something I can't really say right now about any other Rush album...

It's powerful, for sure.

Such a cloudy day

Seems we'll never see the sun

Or feel the day has possibilities

Those lyrics, set against the backdrop of Lee/Lifeson's uplifting music...just brilliant.

• Like 1

Those seven albums to me represent some of the band's strongest ("Counterparts" , "Vapor Trails" and "Clockwork Angels") and some of their weaker ("Roll The Bones" and "Test For Echo") albums. The other two are somewhere in between. But to me, even a "weak" Rush album is pretty good, so I end up giving the listed albums a total of 4 stars. Edited by Freeze
  • Like 3

Those seven albums to me represent some of the band's strongest ("Counterparts" , "Vapor Trails" and "Clockwork Angels") and some of their weaker ("Roll The Bones" and "Test For Echo") albums. The other two are somewhere in between. But to me, even a "weak" Rush album is pretty good, so I end up giving the listed albums a total of 4 stars.

Pretty much this.
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails - 12/10

Mick

fixed

:)

i friggin Hate VT.

words can't describe.

lol

Mick

So tempted to do another "fixing"...more to bug JohnnyBlaze than anything. :P
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails - 12/10

Mick

fixed

:)

i friggin Hate VT.

words can't describe.

lol

Mick

So tempted to do another "fixing"...more to bug JohnnyBlaze than anything. :P

i actually find fixing posts to be hysterical. i used to do it to Segue all the time, lol. i figuredd he changes opinions fast anyway so i'll just give him a leg up, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Hit and miss at best. CA had great potential but the production ruins it unfortunately...
  • Like 2