The poppiest Rush song?

Texas King

No matter what, Hold Your Fire has the most songs that qualify for this. Some may choose "Time Stand Still" as most poppy, but I think it's "Second Nature." Easily. The only song in Rush's catalogue that would be right at home with Celine Dion singing on it. It's AM radio adult contemporary, and I can't believe it's a Rush song.
  • Like 7

No matter what, Hold Your Fire has the most songs that qualify for this. Some may choose "Time Stand Still" as most poppy, but I think it's "Second Nature." Easily. The only song in Rush's catalogue that would be right at home with Celine Dion singing on it. It's AM radio adult contemporary, and I can't believe it's a Rush song.

This^^^. My initial though too...
  • Like 1

Once again our boys concurring another genre. I really enjoy Hold Your Fire, of course it came out when I was maturing into adulthood. Had I been 14 years old I might had considered the album sell out garbage.

The big Wheel. it could pass for a Cher song.

looking for LOOOOOOVE

Mick

Or if Celine sang it.... LUUUUUURVE

you know something i thought of a really cruel thing for the R40 tour."ok......moving back and back. we thought we'd do this one from Roll the Bones. this is the Big Wheel.........but.....we couldn't think of anybody better to help us.........CHER!!!!!!!!"

How pissed would some people be?

lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

The big Wheel. it could pass for a Cher song.

looking for LOOOOOOVE

Mick

Or if Celine sang it.... LUUUUUURVE

you know something i thought of a really cruel thing for the R40 tour."ok......moving back and back. we thought we'd do this one from Roll the Bones. this is the Big Wheel.........but.....we couldn't think of anybody better to help us.........CHER!!!!!!!!"

How pissed would some people be?

lol

Mick

Most I would imagine. Me included. I'd be shocked, pissed and then bust out laughing.

• Like 1

You Bet Your Life comes to mind.

i just threw up in my mouth a little.......just the title alone gets me, lol

Mick

"Be-bop or a one-drop or a hip-hop lite-pop-metallist"...

classic.

• Like 1

RtB is easily the poppiest album to me. Its also their worst. I really dont mind pop music. If its done well.

When I was a kid I used to listen to the Bee gees, Barry Manilow and Three Dog Night but that doesnt mean i have to be a prat all my life.

C'mon DD, there is nothing wrong with being a lifelong prat

That said, Superconductor comes to mind

• Like 2

RtB is easily the poppiest album to me. Its also their worst. I really dont mind pop music. If its done well.

When I was a kid I used to listen to the Bee gees, Barry Manilow and Three Dog Night but that doesnt mean i have to be a prat all my life.

C'mon DD, there is nothing wrong with being a lifelong prat

That said, Superconductor comes to mind

I'll take your word for it. Ha. Seriously yeah that is a pretty bad song.

• Like 1