Did you listen UFO and do you like their music?

Texas King

UFO is a great band! I love their 2 first albums best, when they was more into space rock. I was listening to UFO just earlier today.

And I have also seen them live...I think 3 years ago. They was great live!

I also forgot to say that just last week, I found a japanese pressing of their live album Strangers In The Night in great quality!

• Like 3

I read in the local press that they played a gig, a few weeks back, here at a club and only 60 people went to see them. The review said that they rocked the house even more as soon as they noticed the small crowd. Now that's class. I love that kind of stories.

Saw UFO on their reunion tour in 1995 and they were fantastic back then. They had a really brilliant live sound and they played the whole Strangers album from start to finish. Schenker shined that night. :smoke: :haz:

• Like 1

UFO is a great band! I love their 2 first albums best, when they was more into space rock. I was listening to UFO just earlier today.

I also forgot to say that just last week, I found a japanese pressing of their live album Strangers In The Night in great quality!

CD or vinyl?

Just a question, as I know Japanese CD's are superior, are the vinyls any better?

• Like 1

CD or vinyl?

Just a question, as I know Japanese CD's are superior, are the vinyls any better?

Japanese cd and vinyl pressings are far more superior! Nothing compares to the way the Japanese master, press and package. Not just in the audiophile realm, but they also press catalogs of artists that no one else in the world will press!!!

• Like 2

What you think about UFO, such an underrated rock band in the US?

I really like their music, their albums Phenomenon, Force it and Lights out are so kickass. And for me Strangers in the night as a live album is a pure perfection, one of the best live albums in hard rock.

ALL SCHENKER UFO MUSIC IS PERFECT!!!!

Even the reunion album WALK ON WATER IS A MASTERPIECE!

The Paul Chapman Era is OK.

The Atomic Tommy Era is blah.

The Vinnie Moore Era is OK

Earl you and Lucas should face off in a basketball one-on-one, no holds barred, elbows, punching, kicking and biting!

Sounds like fun! RUSH FORUM DEATH MATCH!!!!!!!

I have a few other members in mind first.

• Like 2

CD or vinyl?

I have it on vinyl record, and they sound much better then CDs! You get a eargasm every time you listen to a japanese vinyl record press.

• Like 1

CD or vinyl?

Japanese cd and vinyl pressings are far more superior! Nothing compares to the way the Japanese master, press and package. Not just in the audiophile realm, but they also press catalogs of artists that no one else in the world will press!!!

Intereating! I have a few Japanese CDs, Lacuna Coil, Paradise Lost, Springsteen and others and I was really blown away. Having bought LC just for the bonus tracks the first thing that stood out was the audio quality.

And Springsteen's Magic is diabolical in the standard US format. The Japanese copy I bought has the most wonderful upgrade, and I don't even know why!

What you think about UFO, such an underrated rock band in the US?

I really like their music, their albums Phenomenon, Force it and Lights out are so kickass. And for me Strangers in the night as a live album is a pure perfection, one of the best live albums in hard rock.

ALL SCHENKER UFO MUSIC IS PERFECT!!!!

Even the reunion album WALK ON WATER IS A MASTERPIECE!

The Paul Chapman Era is OK.

The Atomic Tommy Era is blah.

The Vinnie Moore Era is OK

Earl you and Lucas should face off in a basketball one-on-one, no holds barred, elbows, punching, kicking and biting!

Sounds like fun! RUSH FORUM DEATH MATCH!!!!!!!

I have a few other members in mind first.

Aye!

CD or vinyl?

I have it on vinyl record, and they sound much better then CDs! You get a eargasm every time you listen to a japanese vinyl record press.

Awesome! Thank you. I will look out for certain records I'm after then.

CD or vinyl?

No problems... and do that

CD or vinyl?

They are kinda rare tho....

I have only 2 japanese pressings in my collection. 1 UFO and 1 Ozzy Osbourne.

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

CD or vinyl?

I have a few Japanese Rush Vinyls. :P

• Like 1

CD or vinyl?

From now on, I hate you....

:P

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

CD or vinyl?

You can find the pictures in one of those Rush vinyl threads... :moon:

CD or vinyl?

You can find the pictures in one of those Rush vinyl threads... :moon:

I rather dont wanna see them, then I might get angry for real :LMAO:

I remember getting into them back in the 70s because of their relationship to Rush. Same with Max Webster. I think they have some good songs but I was never a big fan.

Misty green and blue....love to love to love you....

I think they were a pretty damn good band.

I believe my brother attended the live show when "Strangers in the Night" was recorded in Chicago. That must have been awesome! :haz:

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 3

Misty green and blue....love to love to love you....

I think they were a pretty damn good band.

I believe my brother attended the live show when "Strangers in the Night" was recorded in Chicago. That must have been awesome! :haz:

That IS awesome !!

Was your brother the one who did "The Scream" during Love To Love ??? ( @ 1:15 )

:LOL:

I remember Steve Harris saying it was him, to which Pete Way responded "No, I dropped a bass the my foot"

• Like 1

I just loaded my phone with nothing but Rush and UFO so I've been listening to a lot of UFO lately! love the guitars in 'Hot 'n' Ready', the solos in 'Highway Lady' and 'Out in the Street'. Also 'Cherry' from Obsession is one of my latest favourite songs.
  • Like 1

I just loaded my phone with nothing but Rush and UFO so I've been listening to a lot of UFO lately! love the guitars in 'Hot 'n' Ready', the solos in 'Highway Lady' and 'Out in the Street'. Also 'Cherry' from Obsession is one of my latest favourite songs.

YOU FUKKING ROCK!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I picked up Force It earlier this year, listened to it once while barely paying attention. Solid, but it didn't catch my ear. I suppose I'll relisten sometime.