Bad Smells

Tick

We all know obvious smells that are horrible. The spray of a skunk, a nasty fart, etc...

But what about the not so normal things you can't stand the smell of.

This morning I thought about one while doing dishes. I hate the smell you get on your hands from a sponge that's been over used. That smell is just rank.

I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

So, what are some other nasty smells that are out of the ordinary?

• Like 1

Imho, eggs are the most common nasty smell around. Cooked eggs especially fried and boiled have a strong sulphur smell to me. It might as well be a thousand farts released all at once.

Along those same smelly, sulphuric lines are natural hot springs. They may be relaxing but they often stink to the point of being almost unbearable.

• Like 1

Cat waste. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Kitty%20Stuff/cat%20farting.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Dead%20banana.gif

• Like 2

I actually don't mind the smell of skunk. Biggest thing that really turns my stomach is the smell of vomit. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Imho, eggs are the most common nasty smell around. Cooked eggs especially fried and boiled have a strong sulphur smell to me. It might as well be a thousand farts released all at once.

Along those same smelly, sulphuric lines are natural hot springs. They may be relaxing but they often stink to the point of being almost unbearable.

Same here,

Eggs are disgusting.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind the smell of skunk. Biggest thing that really turns my stomach is the smell of vomit.

Same here, except for me it's the smell of mold. Of all the nasty things I've had the misfortune of smelling, mold growing on aging food is the only one that makes me retch. Ugh, I hate just thinking about how bad it is.

Edited by Natural Scientist in 2112
  • Like 1

Rotting wheat in the boot of a grain elevator. Been sitting there, rotting, for weeks......in the summer.

The stench is almost exactly like that of pig shit. :o :o

Edited by Principled Man

We all know obvious smells that are horrible. The spray of a skunk, a nasty fart, etc...

But what about the not so normal things you can't stand the smell of.

This morning I thought about one while doing dishes. I hate the smell you get on your hands from a sponge that's been over used. That smell is just rank.

I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

So, what are some other nasty smells that are out of the ordinary?

You need to replace your sponge much more often Rich, otherwise you're defeating the object.

• Like 1

Something once crawled into the heater core of our Chevy Tahoe, and then died. That was a horrible smell. It was so bad, you didn't want to turn on the heat.

The president where I work wears the cheesiest aftershave. When he is in my section of the building it lingers for half an hour after he leaves. Plus we are scent free workplace but he feels that does not apply to him Edited by RushCanuck

The president where I work wears the cheesiest aftershave. When he is in my section of the building it lingers for half an hour after he leaves. Plus we are scent free workplace but he feels that does not apply to him

I hear you. I'd add cheap perfume, heavy perfume, and strong cologne to that cheesy aftershave. Some are so powerful that they cause my nose to run. Clearly, I've got some kind of mild allergic reaction to some but the odor alone annoys me.

• Like 2

I hate the smell of Tabu perfume. My grandmother wore it every day of her life and it's just too much.

I remember that perfume. That was very popular in the sixties.

Perfume isn't as popular today as it was back when I was younger.

Come to think of it, I don't smell much aftershave on men anymore either. Jade East used to be a popular one. I think it was called Jade East.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Stockyards...Burnt hair...Wet dog...Fish markets...My brother in law's feet.

Regarding that last one, he visited us thirty years ago and the blanket he used still stinks. It was an heirloom patched quilt, so we still have it.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Over the summer, the bank I go to did some landscaping and put down these god awful woodchips .. I have always hated that smell, but these had more connection to a chemical lab than any real wood

http://www.appliedlandscapematerials.com/data/images1/hoa.jpg