What would you have done?

JohnnyBlaze

The Wallet  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done?

• I would've chased the guy down and given him his wallet. It's the right thing to do.
    • I would've given his wallet to the gf who he had just scolded. Let her decide what's next.
    • I would've reported the wallet to the cafe staff. That would've been fair.
    • I would've taken the wallet for myself! Show me the money!
    • I would've done what you did Johnny! f**k him!
    • I would've comforted the girl and spent that guy's money on her. Why not?
    • I would've done something else and I'll share it in my post.

This is interesting. So, this is what men are really like? They like to get a gal when she is at her most vulnerable and distraught?

If the a new guy arrives right after a break-up I tend to stay away and say *No*.

But this might change if he shows he belongs to "my type" of men...

The boyfriend I had in 2007 approached me this way. Believe me. It works. ;P

I was very vulnerable and he surrounded me. He gave me support and was there until he said what he had to say.

• Like 2

I found a wallet once. I took the money from it and then I let rest of the wallet be on the ground. I dont regret it at all.

I'm not surprised.

This is the 3rd time I've found a wallet. The other two times I tracked the people down and gave it back.

In the first case, I was 16 and the wallet was just sitting by a pay phone near the supermarket I worked. There was about $400 in cash in there. My co-worker friends said I was stupid for returning it. A few of them laughed at me. On the plus side, my teen female co-worker friends commented, "Ahh, you're so sweet." Not really. But hell, I've never been poor (or rich for that matter) and ever really needed the money. I figured that that much cash must've been the guy's rent or something.

In the second case, I was in my mid-20s and the wallet was just lying on the side of the street. There were several credit cards and about 50 bucks in cash in it.

I don't believe in karma. [Of course, it still might exist even though I don't believe in it.] But I do believe Lita Ford would be disappointed in you Zumbi.

Again with Lita Ford? Just because Im a fan, you have to talk about her every time when you talking to me? Sounds like you are more of a fan then me :S

I found a wallet once. I took the money from it and then I let rest of the wallet be on the ground. I dont regret it at all.

I'm sure your parents would be proud.

They was. I came home and showed them the records I bought with the money, and they was happy that I was happy!

They sound like wonderful helicopter parents.

I dont even know what you mean by that....

I'm not surprised.

This is the 3rd time I've found a wallet. The other two times I tracked the people down and gave it back.

In the first case, I was 16 and the wallet was just sitting by a pay phone near the supermarket I worked. There was about $400 in cash in there. My co-worker friends said I was stupid for returning it. A few of them laughed at me. On the plus side, my teen female co-worker friends commented, "Ahh, you're so sweet." Not really. But hell, I've never been poor (or rich for that matter) and ever really needed the money. I figured that that much cash must've been the guy's rent or something.

In the second case, I was in my mid-20s and the wallet was just lying on the side of the street. There were several credit cards and about 50 bucks in cash in it.

I don't believe in karma. [Of course, it still might exist even though I don't believe in it.] But I do believe Lita Ford would be disappointed in you Zumbi.

Again with Lita Ford? Just because Im a fan, you have to talk about her every time when you talking to me? Sounds like you are more of a fan then me :S

You're right. I thought I was being nice by saying that instead of what was really going on in my head which was:

That's a dick thing to do Zumbi.

Which one do you prefer? The Lita Ford tease or the dick thing comment?

• Like 1

I'm not surprised.

You're right. I thought I was being nice by saying that instead of what was really going on in my head which was:

What I prefer is that you say the truth.

But to be honest, I dont really care, I needed the money. I was poor. And I found them. Founder keeps it, right?

Edited by YYZumbi

This is interesting. So, this is what men are really like? They like to get a gal when she is at her most vulnerable and distraught?

It is what some men are like.

• Like 4

That's tough. If it had been an ordinary situation I would have chased down the guy and given it to him. If I couldn't find him I would have given it to the girl. I wouldn't have given it to the staff because good chance his money and cards could be stolen by doing that. But in this situation where he was being a dick to the girl, let it lie. I might even give it a good kick further into the bushes as I left.

I know this is hard to believe but here, wallets are often (yes, often) returned to their owners with 100% of the contents inside. I've left my bag on the train twice (here) as it traveled to another city. I picked it up both times the next day with everything still there. Several of my expat and local friends have dropped their phones and wallets out on drunken nights only to get/find their belongings the next day...with everything inside. Someone had returned it to the establishment's management who then kept it until the owner claimed it. Sure, it probably sounds shocking to us as westerners but it's true. Do some online searching about this and I bet you'll find many anecdotes saying the same thing.

I didn't think about this until I got home: Given what I said above, I bet there's a 50-60% chance that the dickhead in my story gets his wallet back with everything inside. I should go stop by that cafe to see if it's still there.

I'd hate to see Zumbi here. He'd be claiming every damn thing is his. :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm not surprised.

But to be honest, I dont really care, I needed the money. I was poor. And I found them. Founder keeps it, right?

Truth?

Ok, you're full of shit. You didn't need the money. You weren't poor. You said you bought records with the money you found!

Not being able to buy records doesn't mean you're poor.

I guess you could've been poor and used the money stupidly on records instead of on something you actually needed.

• Like 2

You're not serious, are you?

Yes, I am.

What I did proves that not ALL men are like that. The varied answers also show that.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Yes, I am.

What I did means proves that not ALL men are like that. The varied answers also show that.

I was going by some of the answers here.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised.

Truth?

Ok, you're full of shit. You didn't need the money. You weren't poor. You said you bought records with the money you found!

I guess you could've been poor and used the money stupidly on records instead of on something you actually needed.

I am full of shit? Screw you.... you don´t know a shit about me, ok? So shut up. Besides this was lots of years ago, when I was still going in school.

I would have chased him down and then led him back to the location where the wallet was ...

Because he was so upset, he didn't realize he had dropped it, and I would have tried to bring that point home to him -

I admit that, on occasion, I get too involved - and with that in mind, I would have tried to get him to go back and sit down, calmly, and smooth things over with his girlfriend ...

If all that failed, I would have gone back and hit on her

Actually, I really dig women who have a sense of humor

( hence, that last line )

;)

Edited by Lucas

That makes you a thief and a sociopath. No conscience, no remorse, and no respect for anyone - especially yourself.

• Like 2

That makes you a thief and a sociopath. No conscience, no remorse, and no respect for anyone - especially yourself.

Sociopath? You serious?

Oh my ged, like you guys have not done anything bad in your life?

I'm not surprised.

Truth?

I am full of shit? Screw you.... you don´t know a shit about me, ok? So shut up. Besides this was lots of years ago, when I was still going in school.

Yes, you're full of shit. I said that already. Hey, you said to be truthful so I was. "Shut up", nice touch.

You said you bought records with the wallet you found. You said that yourself.

If I ever see you lose your wallet I'll make sure to make you a special case by taking the money and leaving the wallet there because hey, as you said, finders keepers. And I'm poor. Maybe I'd buy some records with your money.

• Like 2

I would have chased him down and then led him back to the location where the wallet was ...

Because he was so upset, he didn't realize he had dropped it, and I would have tried to bring that point home to him -

I admit that, on occasion, I get too involved - and with that in mind, I would have tried to get him to go back and sit down, calmly, and smooth things over with his girlfriend ...

If all that failed, I would have gone back and hit on her

Actually, I really dig women who have a sense of humor

( hence, that last line )

;)

I better quit while I'm ahead. Or behind. :unsure:

I started a poll: http://www.therushfo...ying-rock-star/

Treeduck must have gone to bed, or he's sitting there admiring his new fridge.

Edited by Lorraine

Sociopath? You serious?

Oh my ged, like you guys have not done anything bad in your life?

Nope. I follow the golden rule.

I'd turn the wallet in to the staff. It's the right thing to do. I know that I've had public disagreements with my wife at times over our 34 years and none of them were worth the hassle of losing a wallet.
  • Like 1

Yes, I am.

What I did means proves that not ALL men are like that. The varied answers also show that.

So was I. And the answers show that not all men are like that.

I'd turn the wallet in to the staff. It's the right thing to do. I know that I've had public disagreements with my wife at times over our 34 years and none of them were worth the hassle of losing a wallet.

All in all I think this is the right thing to do. Even though I didn't do that. I wanted the bastard to suffer. Even though I won't actually know if he suffered or not.

Yes, I am.

So was I. And the answers show that not all men are like that.

Oh, I put that 2nd to last poll option as a joke.

Of course. Vulnerable women are more likely to put out.

I kid. :)

• Like 1

ok, in all seriousness, what I wrote is exactly what I would have done ( up until the last line ) ... I've done similar things in the past ..

The "hit on her" bit was an attempt to lighten the otherwise seriousness of what I wrote ..

But in thinking about it, what is wrong with a guy who sees something like that happen - and in seeing a female sitting in tears, in public, just having been walked out on - what would be wrong with sitting down and talking ?? ... I don't mean "hitting on her" as I joked about, but when a man sees a woman who has been humiliated and is upset, I see nothing wrong with at least sitting and talking ..

She can always say "No, thanks, I'd rather be alone" - and that would be that .... But maybe she might need a distraction ...

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1