What would you have done?

JohnnyBlaze

The Wallet  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done?

• I would've chased the guy down and given him his wallet. It's the right thing to do.
    • I would've given his wallet to the gf who he had just scolded. Let her decide what's next.
    • I would've reported the wallet to the cafe staff. That would've been fair.
    • I would've taken the wallet for myself! Show me the money!
    • I would've done what you did Johnny! f**k him!
    • I would've comforted the girl and spent that guy's money on her. Why not?
    • I would've done something else and I'll share it in my post.

ok, in all seriousness, what I wrote is exactly what I would have done ( up until the last line ) ... I've done similar things in the past ..

The "hit on her" bit was an attempt to lighten the otherwise seriousness of what I wrote ..

But in thinking about it, what is wrong with a guy who sees something like that happen - and in seeing a female sitting in tears, in public, just having been walked out on - what would be wrong with sitting down and talking ?? ... I don't mean "hitting on her" as I joked about, but when a man sees a woman who has been humiliated and is upset, I see nothing wrong with at least sitting and talking ..

She can always say "No, thanks, I'd rather be alone" - and that would be that .... But maybe she might need a distraction ...

I don't see anything wrong with it, I just wouldn't do it. Many times people need to process things on their own. It's part of the healing. Or even before that, it's part of the understanding of what just happened. Someone going over and asking if they needed to talk might interfere with that important internalization. Even though the gesture might come from a kind/concerned place.

I MIGHT go over and ask if she's ok IF she continued sobbing and sobbing. But someone just sitting alone looking sad I'd leave alone.

• Like 1

I would have left it. He needs to learn a lesson while in public.

It doesn't surprise me that you would've done what I did. :blaze:

:hail:

In general,

I am not that way. Just depends on a certain situation. Hell, I might have kept it. :P

In general,

I am not that way. Just depends on a certain situation. Hell, I might have kept it. :P

If the guy wasn't a bastard I would've chased him down without a doubt. I wouldn't have kept it though.

• Like 1

In general,

If the guy wasn't a bastard I would've chased him down without a doubt. I wouldn't have kept it though.

I wouldn't have kept it either. Just joking around. Years ago I was running with my dog. We took a break at the park. I noticed a purse on a bench. Went through it to find some ID to call the person. It had a lot of cash in it. She met me there to pick it up. She thanked me and insisted on giving me a reward. I didn't want it but she still insisted. Two hundred maybe three can't quit remember. It was a pizza and beer night though. :D

• Like 2

That's tough. If it had been an ordinary situation I would have chased down the guy and given it to him. If I couldn't find him I would have given it to the girl. I wouldn't have given it to the staff because good chance his money and cards could be stolen by doing that. But in this situation where he was being a dick to the girl, let it lie. I might even give it a good kick further into the bushes as I left.

I know this is hard to believe but here, wallets are often (yes, often) returned to their owners with 100% of the contents inside. I've left my bag on the train twice (here) as it traveled to another city. I picked it up both times the next day with everything still there. Several of my expat and local friends have dropped their phones and wallets out on drunken nights only to get/find their belongings the next day...with everything inside. Someone had returned it to the establishment's management who then kept it until the owner claimed it. Sure, it probably sounds shocking to us as westerners but it's true. Do some online searching about this and I bet you'll find many anecdotes saying the same thing.

I didn't think about this until I got home: Given what I said above, I bet there's a 50-60% chance that the dickhead in my story gets his wallet back with everything inside. I should go stop by that cafe to see if it's still there.

I'd hate to see Zumbi here. He'd be claiming every damn thing is his. :LOL:

I've lost my wallet and had it returned with a couple hundred bucks still in it. I've found that most people are honest.

Except the Swedes, of course.

• Like 1

This is interesting. So, this is what men are really like? They like to get a gal when she is at her most vulnerable and distraught?

http://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/styles/hero_image_default/public/jaws_main-banner_photo.jpg?itok=kzKBOkNk
  • Like 2

That's tough. If it had been an ordinary situation I would have chased down the guy and given it to him. If I couldn't find him I would have given it to the girl. I wouldn't have given it to the staff because good chance his money and cards could be stolen by doing that. But in this situation where he was being a dick to the girl, let it lie. I might even give it a good kick further into the bushes as I left.

I know this is hard to believe but here, wallets are often (yes, often) returned to their owners with 100% of the contents inside. I've left my bag on the train twice (here) as it traveled to another city. I picked it up both times the next day with everything still there. Several of my expat and local friends have dropped their phones and wallets out on drunken nights only to get/find their belongings the next day...with everything inside. Someone had returned it to the establishment's management who then kept it until the owner claimed it. Sure, it probably sounds shocking to us as westerners but it's true. Do some online searching about this and I bet you'll find many anecdotes saying the same thing.

I didn't think about this until I got home: Given what I said above, I bet there's a 50-60% chance that the dickhead in my story gets his wallet back with everything inside. I should go stop by that cafe to see if it's still there.

I've lost my wallet and had it returned with a couple hundred bucks still in it. I've found that most people are honest.

:LOL:

Something of a weird fact: I don't know anything about strangers.

I wasn't given enough info on why the guy was angry at the girl, or what he was saying. There's plenty of possibilities, he could have been an abuser in the relationship (worst case scenario), she could have cheated on him, he could have been sick and tired of her getting in the way of his quality Xbox gaming time, etc.

I'd give him his wallet back.

One time while in a supermarket, I dropped a 10 dollar bill and didn't notice. Some young 8 year old kid gave it back to me while his mom was staring at milk or something. It was cool, "thanks little guy".

One time on a bus a cool backwards hat-like Dude somewhere around my age got up and off the bus, and his wallet dropped beneath his seat. I looked at it for a few seconds before picking it up, going after him to return it, and then getting back on the bus. For all I know, the guy could have been on his way home to torture kittens in his basement.

Something of a weird fact: I don't know anything about strangers.

I wasn't given enough info on why the guy was angry at the girl, or what he was saying. There's plenty of possibilities, he could have been an abuser in the relationship (worst case scenario), she could have cheated on him, he could have been sick and tired of her getting in the way of his quality Xbox gaming time, etc.

I'd give him his wallet back.

One time while in a supermarket, I dropped a 10 dollar bill and didn't notice. Some young 8 year old kid gave it back to me while his mom was staring at milk or something. It was cool, "thanks little guy".

One time on a bus a cool backwards hat-like Dude somewhere around my age got up and off the bus, and his wallet dropped beneath his seat. I looked at it for a few seconds before picking it up, going after him to return it, and then getting back on the bus. For all I know, the guy could have been on his way home to torture kittens in his basement.

Yeah, I didn't give enough info other than he was being a schlong.

Parts of what i DID hear was: "That's why I did that!", "Why don't you believe me?!", "Why not?!", "I don't understand!", "This is silly." What they were actually talking about I don't know though. But his body language, the way he DID talk down to her, plus these last few quotes I just included made it EASY to see that he was a 100% cock (at THAT moment at the VERY least). Or how about this: He also had a little paper napkin balled up and he threw it on the table in her direction....not directly AT her but it was clear that it was TO her. What kind of pussy does that?! Throwing a tiny paper napkin in the direction of your gf as if she were a garbage bin?! Is he dickhead enough for you now? ;)

Just remembering his stupid face all contorted when he spoke down to her makes me want to spit it in! :blaze:

"Don't humiliate anyone" is a very easy standard to understand. But he did humiliate someone. Or he was trying to at least.

On top of it all, the coffee in the joint sucked!!!! :LOL:

• Like 1

I found a wallet once. I took the money from it and then I let rest of the wallet be on the ground. I dont regret it at all.

That makes you a thief and a sociopath. No conscience, no remorse, and no respect for anyone - especially yourself.

Sociopath? You serious?

Oh my ged, like you guys have not done anything bad in your life?

I love that Zumbi wrote "Oh my ged"!!!!

I'll be using that today: "Oh my ged, I have so much work to do!" :LOL:

• Like 1

I found a wallet once. I took the money from it and then I let rest of the wallet be on the ground. I dont regret it at all.

That makes you a thief and a sociopath. No conscience, no remorse, and no respect for anyone - especially yourself.

Sociopath? You serious?

Oh my ged, like you guys have not done anything bad in your life?

But you didn't do anything bad. You said you were poor and you only bought records with that money and finders keepers jeepers creepers anyway and then you told me to shut up bla bla bla :LOL:

And Norwegians.

And Norwegians.

What are you going to buy me Lorraine with the money you took from that wallet???

• Like 1

And Norwegians.

What are you going to buy me Lorraine with the money you took from that wallet???

The same thing you bought me with the money you - erm - borrowed to buy yourself a new fridge and microwave.

Edited by Lorraine

And Norwegians.

And Norwegians.

If it were ME, YOU'D GET DIDDLEY SQUAT, sasquatch!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/angrycursing.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angry%20banana.jpg

And Norwegians.

And Norwegians.

If it were ME, YOU'D GET DIDDLEY SQUAT, sasquatch!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/angrycursing.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angry%20banana.jpg

Oh my Ged, that's one angry banana.

:o :scared:

And Norwegians.

And Norwegians.

I'm only average height actually and only size 8 (EURO) feet.

And Norwegians.

And Norwegians.

Oh my Ged, that's one angry banana.

:o :scared:

That's a CURMUDGEON Banana!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/rocket%20banana.gif