Travel Thread

vaportrailer

Today's plan involves eating something delicious, reading, and going for a walk and/or tuktuk tour. Probability of happy shake.

Tomorrows plan: the same

The next day: the same

The next day: leaving, copious weeping, giving in to great feelings of despair and utter hopelessness...and that's just thinking about AirCanada and their crap service! Ba-da-boom! Hey!

I know how you feel...but you ain't gettin' my pity!

I'll mind control and mental bully you!

You're doing stuff many people will never do and will only fantasize about.

((This is all code word for: It's cool to see you're having a great time. Many more great experiences will be had in the next 72 hours.))

So get it on with the happy shakes and happy pizzas and tuk tuks and walks and other methods of slackdom!

:blaze:

Don't worry, I won't be fishing for pity. Merely expressing myself, the way a vet might express a cat's anal gland, for example.

A brief moment of stink, eventually dissipating, leaving the faintest evidence of even occurring. Kinda like life. Life is like an anal gland, best expressed in the company of a professional. Or something like that.

And yes, you're right: I'm a very lucky little hominid to be able to do whatever the hell it is that I'm doing here. I try to remind myself of that every day.

JB, there have been a couple of occasions where I was close to sending you a PM (incapacitation by happy shake thwarted one) about various observations and er, experiences. Just a distant early warning that there's still time, and I still might! Lucky you!

I dare you!

Out and about with Mrs. B today we've scored a free 6 pack of beer, a bottle of wine, and a caricature of the two of us. I could tell you how we got all these goodies but then I'd have to kill you. I don't want to kill you just yet as I'd like to see how your SE Asian adventure finishes up. :blaze:

• Like 2

Today's plan involves eating something delicious, reading, and going for a walk and/or tuktuk tour. Probability of happy shake.

The next day: leaving, copious weeping, giving in to great feelings of despair and utter hopelessness...and that's just thinking about AirCanada and their crap service! Ba-da-boom! Hey!

((This is all code word for: It's cool to see you're having a great time. Many more great experiences will be had in the next 72 hours.))

So get it on with the happy shakes and happy pizzas and tuk tuks and walks and other methods of slackdom!

Don't worry, I won't be fishing for pity. Merely expressing myself, the way a vet might express a cat's anal gland, for example.

A brief moment of stink, eventually dissipating, leaving the faintest evidence of even occurring. Kinda like life. Life is like an anal gland, best expressed in the company of a professional. Or something like that.

And yes, you're right: I'm a very lucky little hominid to be able to do whatever the hell it is that I'm doing here. I try to remind myself of that every day.

JB, there have been a couple of occasions where I was close to sending you a PM (incapacitation by happy shake thwarted one) about various observations and er, experiences. Just a distant early warning that there's still time, and I still might! Lucky you!

I dare you!

Out and about with Mrs. B today we've scored a free 6 pack of beer, a bottle of wine, and a caricature of the two of us. I could tell you how we got all these goodies but then I'd have to kill you. I don't want to kill you just yet as I'd like to see how your SE Asian adventure finishes up. :blaze:

Let's see the caricature! Let's see the caricature!

CARICATURE!!!!

Lemme guess, you both have outsized heads and infectious smiles? I hope you have a wizard's hat and an abacus...

I dare you!

CARICATURE!!!!

Lemme guess, you both have outsized heads and infectious smiles? I hope you have a wizard's hat and an abacus...

I think you know what Mrs. B & I look like by now so there's no need for a side by side comparison.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/andrewq2112/image_71.jpeg

I don't think it really looks like us but we like it a lot nonetheless. :yes:

While drawing us, the artist was trying to guess what I did for a living. He was trying to flatter me and said I looked smart and that I either worked in computers or was an accountant. Accountant?! I almost bashed his skull with one of my calculators! :P

After posting it on Facebook yesterday, one of my adult nieces asked if I've always had eyebrows that made me look like a supervillain. I told her, "Look like?! My eyebrows ARE super villains!!!" :blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

I returned to Montreal Saturday. Customs went more smoothly this time!

this area is still a civil engineers wet dream. incredible infrastructure. and of course it's gorgeous!

• Like 3

I returned to Montreal Saturday. Customs went more smoothly this time!

this area is still a civil engineers wet dream. incredible infrastructure. and of course it's gorgeous!

Hope you packed your rain gear!

Have fun, Montreal is a very cool city. Had some great walks there. Enjoy!

I dare you!

CARICATURE!!!!

I think you know what Mrs. B & I look like by now so there's no need for a side by side comparison.

While drawing us, the artist was trying to guess what I did for a living. He was trying to flatter me and said I looked smart and that I either worked in computers or was an accountant. Accountant?! I almost bashed his skull with one of my calculators! :P

After posting it on Facebook yesterday, one of my adult nieces asked if I've always had eyebrows that made me look like a supervillain. I told her, "Look like?! My eyebrows ARE super villains!!!" :blaze:

Cool! I thought it would be more cartoonish and not as 'Japanese', if that makes any sense. Has a kind of wood-block-print quality to it. Killer brows! He captured the Rasputin-like magnetism in the fierceness of your eyes. I can feel the mental bullying from here! Argh!

• Like 2

I dare you!

CARICATURE!!!!

Cool! I thought it would be more cartoonish and not as 'Japanese', if that makes any sense. Has a kind of wood-block-print quality to it. Killer brows! He captured the Rasputin-like magnetism in the fierceness of your eyes. I can feel the mental bullying from here! Argh!

Yeah, it makes sense. That's how a lot of the artwork here is (somewhat of course) --- very Japaneezy.

On the other side, I used to (still do on occasion) draw a lot of cartoony stuff for students and they'd say my drawings looked "American". I guess it would be in comparison to Japanese manga, anime, and other typical art here.

Oh, the Rasputin fierce eyes mystic thing links perfectly with my mind control mental bullying skills.

• Like 1

Last night here, and it's raining. Ah well, will still have fun: get happy, have delicious food, tuktuk tour of the city at night and back for a drink. Probably watch a few Khmer karaoke videos. They're chaste yet chesty.

Hopefully get out for a nice morning walk tomorrow. I was out before 7 this morning and it was very nice.

Hard to believe it's the last few hours here. Ah well, I'm a lucky f*cker. I am I am I am.

Edited by vaportrailer

Last night here, and it's raining. Ah well, will still have fun: get happy, have delicious food, tuktuk tour of the city at night and back for a drink. Probably watch a few Khmer karaoke videos. They're chaste yet chesty.

Hopefully get out for a nice morning walk tomorrow. I was out before 7 this morning and it was very nice.

Hard to believe it's the last few hours here. Ah well, I'm a lucky f*cker. I am I am I am.

What time's your flight?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qwVJ7FWc4rQ

What time's your flight?

11:25 am. Basically woke up, went for quick walk, breakfast, finished packing, and tuktuk to airport. Interesting drive via street 2004. Lots of KTV places clustered coincidentally around a military compound/campus/thing. All flights packed, but no issues anywhere. Watched "Star Wars: Rogue One".

I'm amazed at how clueless people can be on an airplane. Why do you suddenly need your suitcase as we're landing?

And while I'm complaining, tourists spend a lot of time complaining.

Blaze, how long has 'mind control' been an interest of yours?

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

11:25 am. Basically woke up, went for quick walk, breakfast, finished packing, and tuktuk to airport. Interesting drive via street 2004. Lots of KTV places clustered coincidentally around a military compound/campus/thing. All flights packed, but no issues anywhere. Watched "Star Wars: Rogue One".

I'm amazed at how clueless people can be on an airplane. Why do you suddenly need your suitcase as we're landing?

Asian travelers are notorious for the bag grabbing while the plane is still taxiing to the gate. I've seen too many frustrated flight attendants unsuccessfully try to get the passengers to refrain from going into the overhead compartment.

I've been into mind control at least since elementary school. I won my grade's Citizenship Award 3 years in a row (grades 3-5). True story. But obviously I'm not and was never a good citizen/person. It was just mental bullying maneuvers. I clearly mind controlled my teachers into thinking I was nice and gentle.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Closed out an epic 2016-17 ski season with my first ever visit to mammoth Mountain, CA. Just as you'd expect, the place is huge. Tahoe skiing is generally done in more confined runs or in the trees, but Mammoth is a series of (mostly) treeless bowls.

18341647_1115845975186668_2306539249101945659_n.jpg?oh=f0269d1f0844321ec260af86e418713c&oe=59B2F028

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Gilby and I are headed to Paris for 4 nights in the morning! This is our first holiday abroad together! We are going by Eurostar. I'm excited and a bit scared at the same time!

• Like 7

Gilby and I are headed to Paris for 4 nights in the morning! This is our first holiday abroad together! We are going by Eurostar. I'm excited and a bit scared at the same time!

What's to be afraid of? Sounds like nothing but a good time.

• Like 1

Cool! What are you hoping to do/see/eat while you're there?

What's to be afraid of? Sounds like nothing but a good time.

Have you read about all of the violence going on there? Tourism is down big time.

Edited by troutman

Be safe,

And always pay attention to your surroundings.

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

Did you visit one of their locations while you were there.

http://www.happyherbpizza.com/

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

What time's your flight?

I might've. I went to a few different shops. I went at least once a day but never to the same place twice.

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

I might've. I went to a few different shops. I went at least once a day but never to the same place twice.

The burgers look really good. BTW, draft beer for fifty cents. I'm outta here. :D :hail:

Also, what is really great about the place? Just curious. Might have to visit at some point.

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

The burgers look really good. BTW, draft beer for fifty cents. I'm outta here. :D :hail:

Also, what is really great about the place? Just curious. Might have to visit at some point.

You've probably seen this thread before but if not:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/27086-slice-of-grandma-cuts-into-se-asia/page__hl__+slice%20+grandma#entry919272

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

http://www.therushfo...dma#entry919272

Oh yeah,

I remember it. Thanks. Maybe on my day off I will look at costs ect.. When is the best time of year to visit?

What time's your flight?

Oh yeah,

I remember it. Thanks. Maybe on my day off I will look at costs ect.. When is the best time of year to visit?

Time of year is best answered by vt. I went in May and had absolutely no weather issues. Two seasons though: rainy or dry. That's it.

Just know that the only thing that might cost you is the flight. Even a kick ass hotel will be cheap. All meals, drinks, taxis, tuk tuks, souvenirs, and reefers will cost between cheap as hell and very cheap. As an example, I don't ever remember paying more than a dollar for a beer.

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

Oh yeah,

Time of year is best answered by vt. I went in May and had absolutely no weather issues. Two seasons though: rainy or dry. That's it.

Just know that the only thing that might cost you is the flight. Even a kick ass hotel will be cheap. All meals, drinks, taxis, tuk tuks, souvenirs, and reefers will cost between cheap as hell and very cheap. As an example, I don't ever remember paying more than a dollar for a beer.

Thanks, Then I will just concentrate on the flight cost. I hate the rain for sure.

• Like 1

What time's your flight?

Oh yeah,

Thanks, Then I will just concentrate on the flight cost. I hate the rain for sure.

Not JUST rain. It'd be torrential-downpour-drowning-in-it kind of rain. :LOL:

I did a quick search for Siem Reap and the dry season is November to April with the most amount of sunshine being December to February. As I said though, I went in May and had no problems. But then again, I went at the start of May.

• Like 1