Your personal rating of the album 2112 B-side?

Texas King

2112 B-side rating  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 B-side rating

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

In any other context, and from any other band, I probably wouldn't enjoy Tears as much as I do. But on side B of 2112 it works. No mention of dragons in it helps. :LOL:

Overall side B is a winner in my book. Great guitar work, amazing sounding. Bangkok and Twilight Zone are two of my favorite RUSH songs.

• Like 1

4 out of 5 due to A Passage To Bangkok. It's juvenile but understandable given where they were in their career.

I agree. It's kind of fun, but kind of dumb.

Dumb? really? .

Yes, if you came to it as an adult instead of a teenager :LOL:

On a five star system,

Passage to Bangkok- silly song that's beneath them, but the music is great. So 4 stars

Twilight Zone- silly song that's right up their alley, with interesting music. 4 stars

Lessons - silly song that rocks. 3.5 stars

Tears- good song but puts me to sleep. 2 stars

Something for Nothing -good song, and rocks. Best on side two hands down. 5 stars

So the average for me is (at least today) - 3.7/5

3.7 rounded up to four for the poll.

Edited by Mosher

3/5 because of lessons and tears. The others are 4/5 for me.

WOW!! I can't believe many of you can't handle a Rush ballade.

"Tears" is a 5.

The entire record is a 5.

Side B is a FIVE!!!!

Unreal!

I bet all of you who hate "Tears" loves the entire "Vapor Trails" album!!

YAY!

"VAPOR TRAILS!!" FIVE STAR DOUBLE DIAMOND ALBUM!!!

FUKK!

How is 3/5 equate to "can't handle a ballad?" Just not a couple of my favorites from rush.

A 3/5 is just average to me. A C in academia.

"Tears" is a 5/5

To each their own!

I didn't think there was any implication that the 5 point scale equated with schools grading systems. I guess I'm too used to corporate Americas evaluation system where a three is achieving expectations aka doing what is expected of you...

Sorry my friend. I may not be correct, I just assumed that the number would be associated to the grade letter.

"Tears" is a 5.

Side B is a FIVE!!!!

Unreal!

YAY!

FUKK!

How is 3/5 equate to "can't handle a ballad?" Just not a couple of my favorites from rush.

"Tears" is a 5/5

To each their own!

I didn't think there was any implication that the 5 point scale equated with schools grading systems. I guess I'm too used to corporate Americas evaluation system where a three is achieving expectations aka doing what is expected of you...

And I think of it this way:

This is the Rush 1-5 scale. 3 is average for Rush. Natural Science is 5/A+, superior for Rush. You Bet Your Life is 1/F, absolute fail for Rush. So yeah, Tears is 3.

This.

A Passage to Bangkok has never set totally right with me. It's a decent song, and fun live. But I think it is a little overrated. If it hadn't been about drugs I think folks would sort of ignore it. Tears is a good solid Moody Blues-type song. But Something for Nothing is the best thing next to 2112 on that album. The two best tracks by far.
  • Like 1

A Passage to Bangkok has never set totally right with me. It's a decent song, and fun live. But I think it is a little overrated. If it hadn't been about drugs I think folks would sort of ignore it.

I was already a big Rush as a 9 year old in '81. Within a couple months, I had heard everything by them up to that point. [Thanks to the elder Blaze bros]. My two favorites off 2112 were the title track and Passage to Bangkok. I loved them both but I didn't know what Bangkok was about until maybe 3 or 4 years later. I neither understood nor knew all the lyrics in those first few years as a fan, but I did enjoy all the music.

• Like 1

"Tears" is a 5.

Side B is a FIVE!!!!

Unreal!

YAY!

FUKK!

"Tears" is a 5/5

To each their own!

This is the Rush 1-5 scale. 3 is average for Rush. Natural Science is 5/A+, superior for Rush. You Bet Your Life is 1/F, absolute fail for Rush. So yeah, Tears is 3.

This.

No !! Not this !!

;)

Tears is a great song - the mood and vibe are perfection

It is a 5/5 on the Rush scale, or whatever other scale is being used

Edited by Lucas

"Tears" is a 5.

Side B is a FIVE!!!!

Unreal!

YAY!

FUKK!

"Tears" is a 5/5

To each their own!

This.

No !! Not this !!

;)

You use the AKB48 scale so I can't trust you with such matters.

"Tears" is a 5.

Side B is a FIVE!!!!

Unreal!

YAY!

FUKK!

"Tears" is a 5/5

To each their own!

This.

No !! Not this !!

;)

You use the AKB48 scale so I can't trust you with such matters.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6e52w9UqH1rvk16mo1_250.gif

There is nothing wrong with 2112 as a whole. People that think otherwise are teens (and I welcome them) just getting into Rush. 2112 is a near perfect album from start to end.

Sorry to prove you wrong with your stereotyping, but I'm almost 30 and listen to Rush since 2007.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with 2112 as a whole. People that think otherwise are teens (and I welcome them) just getting into Rush. 2112 is a near perfect album from start to end.

Sorry to prove you wrong with your stereotyping, but I'm almost 30 and listen to Rush since 2007.

Good grief! I'd been listening to them 30 years by then.

Your point being? I'm pretty sure I never claimed it to be a very long time, just that I certainly don't fit into that "teens just getting into Rush" category.

Your point being? I'm pretty sure I never claimed it to be a very long time, just that I certainly don't fit into that "teens just getting into Rush" category.

My point was it's Sunday, I have a hangover and I feel old because with 10 years you aren't a Rush Noob in terms of years as a fan but I've got 30 yrs on you.

Oh, and don't take that tone with me you whippersnapper.

:P

• Like 1

My point was it's Sunday, I have a hangover and I feel old because with 10 years you aren't a Rush Noob in terms of years as a fan but I've got 30 yrs on you.

Oh, and don't take that tone with me you whippersnapper.

:P

You're not even really old Tony.

It's crazy to think that I've been a fan of Rush for 35 years, starting from age 9. I was pumped as a 10 year old 5th grader when the new album Signals came out. I saved a few allowances to go to that gig. That's a lot of comic books and snacks that I had to sacrifice to purchase that ticket. $10.50 was big money then for a 10 year old! I even remember asking BigDaddyBlaze if I could get extra money (for the show) if I did some extra chores. I remember his answer was something like: "No, but you can do extra chores if you like." :LOL:

I hate when people prove my stereotypes wrong! :rage:

30 is the new 13.
  • Like 1

30 is the new 13.

Being a fan for any other group would be an old seasoned fan. Here it's still a young whippersnapper.