Kansas vs Styx albums clash

Texas King

Kansas vs Styx albums clash  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Leftoverture vs Grand Illusion

• Kansas - Leftoverture
    • Styx - Grand Illusion

Leftoverture

Nothing by Styx matches Leftoverture or POKR in my opinion.

• Like 1

I've said this before. i should adore Styx. it's right up my alley. but Deyoung screws it ALL up for me.

Leftoverture.

Mick

I know what you mean. Kansas at their worst are still really enjoyable.

Even though I'm not keen on he last three or four albums of Kansas...they are all really enjoyable in their own right!

• Like 1

I've said this before. i should adore Styx. it's right up my alley. but Deyoung screws it ALL up for me.

Leftoverture.

Mick

Even though I'm not keen on he last three or four albums of Kansas...they are all really enjoyable in their own right!

not knocking you. but i Cannot believe you don't like the new record more. it's classic Kansas. um......with a new line up, lol. but it's easily a top 10 kansas album for me.

Ya never know i guess, lol

Mick

Leftoverture.

Mick

not knocking you. but i Cannot believe you don't like the new record more. it's classic Kansas. um......with a new line up, lol. but it's easily a top 10 kansas album for me.

Mick

I hear it. It's a throwback. A carbon copy. Sounds exactly like the seventies.

Nothing sounds original or stands out as something better than what came before. I just feel that it's a really good Kansas cover band. It has nothing I haven't heard them do before and better and to me...it's a 6/10 at best.

I have the same disappointment with the last Paradise Lost album. I'm just hearing the same old same old and it lacks something that makes it forgivable for me. Like I said earlier today about Foreigner, they lack variety and yet it works for me. Kansas new album reminds me of everything I love about Kansas but it has nothing new to say and sadly I just don't love it.

I've tried I just find it very run of the mill. Like Dream Theater I can't knock the talent on display...but like Dream Theater all the right ingredients don't necessarily make a great album. It sounds like Kansas but it doesn't have the songs that make Kansas best work magic to my ears.

I don't need Fraroc chiming in correcting me either. I'm glad it's gone down well. I followed the band on Facebook. I was pumped for this album. I am not enamoured with it.

But never mind. I actually think the last album was better...that one with the plane on the front (I think it had a plane).

• Like 1

Leftoverture.

Mick

Mick

Nothing sounds original or stands out as something better than what came before. I just feel that it's a really good Kansas cover band. It has nothing I haven't heard them do before and better and to me...it's a 6/10 at best.

I have the same disappointment with the last Paradise Lost album. I'm just hearing the same old same old and it lacks something that makes it forgivable for me. Like I said earlier today about Foreigner, they lack variety and yet it works for me. Kansas new album reminds me of everything I love about Kansas but it has nothing new to say and sadly I just don't love it.

I've tried I just find it very run of the mill. Like Dream Theater I can't knock the talent on display...but like Dream Theater all the right ingredients don't necessarily make a great album. It sounds like Kansas but it doesn't have the songs that make Kansas best work magic to my ears.

I don't need Fraroc chiming in correcting me either. I'm glad it's gone down well. I followed the band on Facebook. I was pumped for this album. I am not enamoured with it.

But never mind. I actually think the last album was better...that one with the plane on the front (I think it had a plane).

oh no i'm not correcting you. i agree with your points actually, lol

but to me Kansas went so far off course........i'm back to severly disliking 80's Kansas again.........it was so great to have that sound back for me.

And the 90's record was pretty bad as well.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Leftoverture.

Mick

Mick

oh no i'm not correcting you. i agree with your points actually, lol

but to me Kansas went so far off course........i'm back to severly disliking 80's Kansas again.........it was so great to have that sound back for me.

And the 90's record was pretty bad as well.

Mick

I enjoy the eighties. And for whatever reason I LOVE Drastic Measures.

But it's not like I could sing that eras praises over the seventies.

I am not exaggerating...seventies Kansas is one of the most precious eras of any band in my collection.

If they ended with Monolith...they'd likely be a top ten band for me. Drastic Measures aside, after Monolith I tend to really need to be in the mood for generic AOR.

Seventies Kansas is deeply precious to me...like...that word precious...they really are special. Seventies Kansas kind of destroyed Rush for me. I am sure you probably noticed that haha! And from Kansas came King's X and then Sonata Arctica. These three bands all hit me in the exact same spot.

Oh I can't stop rambling but I truly adore Kansas.

• Like 1

Love them both, but it's got to be Leftoverture

But given the choice, I'd pick Song for America

• Like 1

Kings X >>Kansas>>>

Styx

Yaaaaassssss

Although as much as I love Kansas they are a teensy bit below that level as well

I love King's just as much as i lover Kansas.

i'm talking King's x vs. 70's Kansas.

KX vs. 80's Kansas- KX Bitch slaps 80's Kansas over the planet, lol

Mick

If we count ONLY seventies Kansas...this is equal.

• Like 1

Kansas. If the Styx album were Pieces of Eight, then the vote would be that much harder for me. (Grand Illusion is my second-favorite Styx album.)