2016 World Series Thread - The Series of Destiny - Cubs vs. Indians

The Analog Cub

Man the Cubs certainly have the fashionable celeb market cornered in this series. There's an army of them, looking weepy and earnest for each camera shot. Was surprised Hillary wasn't there with a luxury box, being a Cubs fan when she isn't a Yankees fan (depends what office she's running for). Poor Cleveland has Drew Carey, Martin Mull, and Tom Hanks; not a long list but apart from Bill Murray, at least we got the funny ones. And "Cleveland Rocks" blows away that Vedder granola sing along for sure.

I saw a map of the US yesterday and supposedly they asked people who they wanted to win and 49 of the 50 states said the Cubs. Probably made up, but I would guess there are a lot more people who want Chicago to win instead of the Indians. Oh wait, can I say "Indians" on TRF in this context?

Speaking of symmetry, going into tonight's game each team had two easy wins and one 1-run nail bighter, with the Tribe scoring a total of 20 runs and Chicago 19. Couldn't be more close. Now it's Kluber vs Hendricks for game 7. If Kluber doesn't have it because of the short rest, the studs of Cleveland's pen are fully-rested, setting up a potential repeat of ALCS game 3 (where Bauer went out 1st inning). So could go either way but shouldn't be easy for either team; should be good.
  • Like 1

I'm so conflicted. As a Chicagoian, I want the Cubs to win. As a White Sox fan, I don't want the obnoxious Cub fans to have any more reason to be more arrogant (not all Cub fans are obnoxious assholes). :wacko:

Man the Cubs certainly have the fashionable celeb market cornered in this series. There's an army of them, looking weepy and earnest for each camera shot. Was surprised Hillary wasn't there with a luxury box, being a Cubs fan when she isn't a Yankees fan (depends what office she's running for). Poor Cleveland has Drew Carey, Martin Mull, and Tom Hanks; not a long list but apart from Bill Murray, at least we got the funny ones. And "Cleveland Rocks" blows away that Vedder granola sing along for sure.

Drew Carey trumps all. There ain't no celebrity bigger than the host of the Price Is Right! :LOL:
  • Like 1

I'm so conflicted. As a Chicagoian, I want the Cubs to win. As a White Sox fan, I don't want the obnoxious Cub fans to have any more reason to be more arrogant (not all Cub fans are obnoxious assholes). :wacko:

I just want a tense game.

You're getting your wish so far.
  • Like 1

I saw a map of the US yesterday and supposedly they asked people who they wanted to win and 49 of the 50 states said the Cubs. Probably made up, but I would guess there are a lot more people who want Chicago to win instead of the Indians. Oh wait, can I say "Indians" on TRF in this context?

People in Missouri want the Cubs to win? Hard to believe.

• Like 1

People in Missouri want the Cubs to win? Hard to believe.

A lot of Royals fans are "local" enough to root for Chicago, and especially against their ALC nemesis. Source: I'm here in KC.

I know a lot of Cards fans who are rooting for the Cubs. The rest of the division (myself included) would almost always root against those evil birds every year but the Cards fans are probably a bit more sympathetic when other teams in the division make the cut since they've won almost every damn year.

Edited by BowlCity

Cubs should let Hendricks pitch until he gets into real trouble. He's earned it.

Two-out, BS walk that should have been a strikeout. Hendricks doesn't get the decision.

• Like 1

Cubs should let Hendricks pitch until he gets into real trouble. He's earned it.

Two-out, BS walk that should have been a strikeout. Hendricks doesn't get the decision.

And we just paid for it. f***ing shit.

• Like 1

Did you just say "decision"? Jinx. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Two-out, BS walk that should have been a strikeout. Hendricks doesn't get the decision (assuming that the Indians don't tie up the game and that the Cubs win)......

Did you just say "decision"? Jinx.

Fixed! ;)