2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

The winner of the Stanley Cup solely depends on how well Pekka Rinne performs in the final 2 games.
  • Like 1

Sydney Crosby (Cindy Crysbaby) is a sissy dirtbag prima donna. What he did to Subban last night was the cheapest thing I have seen any "superstar" do. I almost hope someone ends his career next game.
  • Like 2

The winner of the Stanley Cup solely depends on how well Pekka Rinne performs in the final 2 games.

Probably. I'm sure he'll do well in Nashville. Game 7 would be something different altogether. He hasn't shown an ability to perform against the Pingus on the road.

I played defense. I know people love scoring, but to me, a high scoring game means the D and goalie didn't do their jobs.

• Like 2

Sydney Crosby (Cindy Crysbaby) is a sissy dirtbag prima donna. What he did to Subban last night was the cheapest thing I have seen any "superstar" do. I almost hope someone ends his career next game.

It was a pretty bad move by Crosby, but you're ridiculous dude.

Niskanen hitting Crosby was much worse than this. And Crosby gets shit like that done to him on a regular basis. Do you even watch Penguin games during the regular season?

But haters gonna hate.

And pretty much every player in the NHL hates Subban. He's an asshole on skates.

Edited by Mithrandir

Probably. I'm sure he'll do well in Nashville. Game 7 would be something different altogether. He hasn't shown an ability to perform against the Pingus on the road.

I played defense. I know people love scoring, but to me, a high scoring game means the D and goalie didn't do their jobs.

NOW I know why you're an expert. YOU PLAYED...Gotcha. But deck hockey is different. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And only people who PLAYED ice hockey, know the game. Gotcha.

NOW I know why you're an expert. YOU PLAYED...Gotcha. But deck hockey is different. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And only people who PLAYED ice hockey, know the game. Gotcha.

How would you know it's different? You've never played ice hockey. But I've played "deck" hockey. They're different games. The skating? The ice? The hitting? Only a moron would think otherwise.

You don't know what you're talking about. You should stop making yourself look like the imbecile you are.

Niskanen hitting Crosby was much worse than this. And Crosby gets shit like that done to him on a regular basis. Do you even watch Penguin games during the regular season?

But haters gonna hate.

And pretty much every player in the NHL hates Subban. He's an asshole on skates.

You don't like Subban? Why? Because you're a whiny crybaby? I'm surprised a guy who's played "deck" hockey for two decades (snicker) doesn't see he's one of the game's best defensemen.

Just kidding. I'm not surprised. You know nothing about ice hockey. I haven't seen you post anything anywhere else that suggests your knowledge on any other topic is more expansive. Is it?

I don't like to say that Crosby gets treated differently than other players but at times it seems like he does. What other player could throw a water bottle on the ice and not get penalized? Slamming Subban's head into the ice repeatedly was ridiculous, ref watched it all and yet nothing happened. :smash:

Not sure if I will watch Sunday, the Preds are giving me heartburn, where did the team from game 3 and 4 go? :sigh: :huh:

Edited by Rhyta

I don't like to say that Crosby gets treated differently than other players but at times it seems like he does. What other player could throw a water bottle on the ice and not get penalized? Slamming Subban's head into the ice repeatedly was ridiculous, ref watched it all and yet nothing happened. :smash:

Not sure if I will watch Sunday, the Preds are giving me heartburn, where did the team from game 3 and 4 go? :sigh: :huh:

Be careful. The guy who played "deck" hockey for two decades (chuckle) is liable to question your loyalty to the Penguins.

• Like 1

The Crosby Rules. MJ would be proud.
  • Like 1

Well this is looking like an only the home team wins series. If that is the case the cup will go to the Pens in game 7. If for some reason the trend changes tonight the Pens hoist the cup game 6. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds tonight.

Go Preds!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Well this is looking like an only the home team wins series. If that is the case the cup will go to the Pens in game 7. If for some reason the trend changes tonight the Pens hoist the cup game 6. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds tonight.Go Preds! :hockeygoon:

At first I though that Nashville might be able to steal one in Pitt, because defense travels. And the first two games were relatively close. After game 5 I'm not sure they have it in them. I do think they win tonight though.

Ulf Samuelsson will be the next Hawks assistant coach. As a well-known defenseman in his day, perhaps he'll be able to get some of our D-men playing better...

He's not very popular here in Boston.

I don't have fond memories of him either, but he was one of the top defensemen in the league in the 80s and 90s. He's not going to turn us into the Anaheim Ducks, but If he can teach our D-men to at least pick their spots on when to take the body, it will be an improvement. I know I may be speaking against logic, after all, this bunch won three SCs, but that fact must surely be one of the wonders of the world. :P
  • Like 1

Ulf Samuelsson will be the next Hawks assistant coach. As a well-known defenseman in his day, perhaps he'll be able to get some of our D-men playing better...

He's not very popular here in Boston.

I don't have fond memories of him either, but he was one of the top defensemen in the league in the 80s and 90s. He's not going to turn us into the Anaheim Ducks, but If he can teach our D-men to at least pick their spots on when to take the body, it will be an improvement. I know I may be speaking against logic, after all, this bunch won three SCs, but that fact must surely be one of the wonders of the world. :P

I'd say your team has pretty good defensmen, Robert. Your team has pretty good everything.

• Like 1

But haters gonna hate.

I hope Crosby gets the punishment he deserves tonight. Over-rated, prima donna.

But haters gonna hate.

Noooooooo!

• Like 1

WTF?? I turn on NBC to get ready and they are wasting good airtime on this Alex Jones talking about human-animal hybrids? I guess I missed the chemtrails part! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

But haters gonna hate.

You don't like Subban? Why? Because you're a whiny crybaby? I'm surprised a guy who's played "deck" hockey for two decades (snicker) doesn't see he's one of the game's best defensemen.

Just kidding. I'm not surprised. You know nothing about ice hockey. I haven't seen you post anything anywhere else that suggests your knowledge on any other topic is more expansive. Is it?

what do you want to know about hockey? I can discuss with extensive authority and knowledge just about anything hockey. But since you played defense on ice hockey you are the master!!

But haters gonna hate.

But haters gonna hate.

How the heck is the best player in the world over rated????????????? Edited by Mithrandir

But haters gonna hate.

what do you want to know about hockey? I can discuss with extensive authority and knowledge just about anything hockey. But since you played defense on ice hockey you are the master!!

I know how to skate. Do you?

Mario was right 20 years ago and it still holds true. NHL is a garage league. The powers would rather allow interference, cross checking ad naseum, holding, etc than to let the talented stars show skills.

Hockey is a contact sport. I understand why a "deck" hockey (giggle) superstar like yourself wouldn't get that, and would moan about it. I'd like to see Lemiuex's quote in context myself, can you link to it? Or are you talking about some Mario that was a star in your "deck" hockey (chuckle) league?

Did you ever try to learn to skate?