2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

I hate this 2016-17 season. :facepalm:

why? on Nashville.

Because I have no idea who to root for now. Divisional rival or a team that may catch the Hawks in Stanley Cup wins ever since Toews and Kane showed up on the scene.

In your case, that's easy. In no way do you want the Pens anywhere near your recent success. And it's not like the Preds are a team full of assholes that makes them easy to hate. There are no Crosbys or Kunitzs or Malkins on Nashville. Also, I'd say the Preds are not about to become a dynasty. So, in my opinion, I say GO PREDS.

You're probably right. I'll have to play the numbers game. It's just that Nashville people have gotten so cocky, if they win they'll be impossible to live with.

Fans act that way every year when their team makes it to the final. Nashville is a cool city and not a traditional hockey market so I like that they're getting to enjoy this for once.

The alternative is the Pens winning and watching their fans try to convince everyone that they're a dynasty. :eyeroll:

You sound like a sore loser.

I had a feeling you'd say that.

A sore loser and a psychic!!

No, not a psychic. You're just really predictable. God forbid anyone outside of Pittsburgh not love your Penguins, huh?

I rooted for the Islanders during their 1980-83 Stanley Cup run. Bossy, Trottier, Gillies, Potvin, Nystrom, Smith, Goring, the Sutter brothers, etc.. Loved that team!

I hate this 2016-17 season. :facepalm:

why? on Nashville.

Because I have no idea who to root for now. Divisional rival or a team that may catch the Hawks in Stanley Cup wins ever since Toews and Kane showed up on the scene.

In your case, that's easy. In no way do you want the Pens anywhere near your recent success. And it's not like the Preds are a team full of assholes that makes them easy to hate. There are no Crosbys or Kunitzs or Malkins on Nashville. Also, I'd say the Preds are not about to become a dynasty. So, in my opinion, I say GO PREDS.

You're probably right. I'll have to play the numbers game. It's just that Nashville people have gotten so cocky, if they win they'll be impossible to live with.

Fans act that way every year when their team makes it to the final. Nashville is a cool city and not a traditional hockey market so I like that they're getting to enjoy this for once.

The alternative is the Pens winning and watching their fans try to convince everyone that they're a dynasty. :eyeroll:

You sound like a sore loser.

I had a feeling you'd say that.

A sore loser and a psychic!!

No, not a psychic. You're just really predictable. God forbid anyone outside of Pittsburgh not love your Penguins, huh?

I rooted for the Islanders during their 1980-83 Stanley Cup run. Bossy, Trottier, Gillies, Potvin, Nystrom, Smith, Goring, the Sutter brothers, etc.. Loved that team!

There you go! I just love watching hockey. I hate the Caps, Pens and Rangers mainly for division rivalry reasons, and because there are guys on those teams that I just don't like. But I would have no problem rooting for the Devils or Canes in the final. I like the Preds this year because they're a small market team with a passionate fanbase, and I like how they play.

• Like 3

I think the Preds were robbed on that offside call! Here goes the 1st power play in fav of Pens....

:hockeygoon:

That was BS.

• Like 2

I think the Preds were robbed on that offside call! Here goes the 1st power play in fav of Pens....

That was BS.

Agreed. That offsides called was BS. Horrible call.

It changed the tempo and mental attitude of the Preds. I hope the Pens get wrecked for the remainder of the series.

• Like 2

That was BS.

It changed the tempo and mental attitude of the Preds. I hope the Pens get wrecked for the remainder of the series.

If it changed the mental attitude of the Preds for the worse, that's too bad. Professionals, especially in a Stanley Cup Final, better have a tougher mental game than that.

Game 1 down, but Pens have really met a competitor! Should be a good series!

The key for Nashville has to be Rinne. He didn't have a good game, and until he can prove he can perform in pressure situations, the Preds will always be wannabes. Kinda like Rask in Boston. Good thing we had Niemi when we did, if I may continue the Finnish route.

SISU!
  • Like 1

Game 1 down, but Pens have really met a competitor! Should be a good series!

The key for Nashville has to be Rinne. He didn't have a good game, and until he can prove he can perform in pressure situations, the Preds will always be wannabes. Kinda like Rask in Boston. Good thing we had Niemi when we did, if I may continue the Finnish route.

SISU!

That explains it perfectly. :)

That was BS.

If it changed the mental attitude of the Preds for the worse, that's too bad. Professionals, especially in a Stanley Cup Final, better have a tougher mental game than that.

All players, at any level, are susceptible. I believe that is why all the smack is talked. Poor ref calls, especially in favor of a home team, can readily create suspicion of bias.

That was BS.

All players, at any level, are susceptible. I believe that is why all the smack is talked. Poor ref calls, especially in favor of a home team, can readily create suspicion of bias.

Of course everyone is susceptible. The winners overcome it, losers don't. In all things in life, including sports. Edited by Mithrandir

That was BS.

Of course everyone is susceptible. The winners overcome it, losers don't. In all things in life, including sports.

Which is why it is a good thing it is the best of 7 games. If Pekka didn't let that soft goal in, I believe the W would have been with the Preds.

That was BS.

Of course everyone is susceptible. The winners overcome it, losers don't. In all things in life, including sports.

This is a remarkable statement coming from someone who gets incredibly hurt anytime anyone posts that they don't wear Crosby pajamas and hang posters of him on their wall.

That was BS.

This is a remarkable statement coming from someone who gets incredibly hurt anytime anyone posts that they don't wear Crosby pajamas and hang posters of him on their wall.

:eh:

That was BS.

Huh? I don't get hurt. Quit being one of "those" people who lay a ridiculous rap on someone they are arguing with. I could categorize you as a whiny little baby who cries over Crosby's accomplishments.

That was BS.

Huh? I don't get hurt. Quit being one of "those" people who lay a ridiculous rap on someone they are arguing with. I could categorize you as a whiny little baby who cries over Crosby's accomplishments.

You already do that. And you do, in fact, whine and cry whenever someone says "Crosby isn't God." If you don't realize you do it, wow.

That was BS.

You already do that. And you do, in fact, whine and cry whenever someone says "Crosby isn't God." If you don't realize you do it, wow.

You're nuts. I call out people like you who criticize Crosby ad naseum. That's not crying or whining, that's telling the crybabies like you to wise up.