2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Series is far from over. Pens have withstood the Caps best efforts, but that doesn't mean Washington is done. Although the fact that they just can't beat Pittsburgh is bizarre. Caps have lost 8 out 9 playoff series against the Pens.

Series is over. The Capitals are a mentally weak team.

If they are going to win a game it will have to be tonight. Even still they will drop the next two and be done. If they lose tonight they are getting swept.

The Pens are the Champs. Might as well etch the cup right now.

What a play by Crosby with that puck control. Best player . No doubt.

This kid is going to give Sid a run for his money in a few years. The edge control and puck control skills on display here are off the charts.

http://youtu.be/BtigFmeNSAw

And really Patrick Kane is on that same level. All of them wizards with the puck on their sticks.
  • Like 4

This kid is going to give Sid a run for his money in a few years. The edge control and puck control skills on display here are off the charts, and he follows it with a snipe.

I think Gibson was stunned that McDavid was coming back at him so quickly.

This kid is going to give Sid a run for his money in a few years. The edge control and puck control skills on display here are off the charts, and he follows it with a snipe.

I think Gibson was stunned that McDavid was coming back at him so quickly.

Even without the pivot move, the shot was a laser. Made the whole thing look easy.

While not really a cheap shot, Niskanen still had his stick in crosscheck position instead of on the ice. Sure it was a reaction, but the typical reaction that seems prevalent in hockey that being a crosscheck. Ridiculous and why hockey is bush league.

While not really a cheap shot, Niskanen still had his stick in crosscheck position instead of on the ice. Sure it was a reaction, but the typical reaction that seems prevalent in hockey that being a crosscheck. Ridiculous and why hockey is bush league.

It's an old hockey rule: 'When a guy is beating you, try to put him in a hospital.' :hockeygoon:

Pens lost arguably the best defenseman in the NHL in Letang.

I think you meant to say 'One of the best offensive defensemen.' His play in the D-zone leaves much to be desired.

It's an old hockey rule: 'When a guy is beating you, try to put him in a hospital.' :hockeygoon:

Aarrgh. So horrible to watch that, especially knowing Crosby has a mostly rebuilt mouth and jaw after the 2013 puck to the face incident.

Aarrgh. So horrible to watch that, especially knowing Crosby has a mostly rebuilt mouth and jaw after the 2013 puck to the face incident.

I think you should worry more about a concussion or maybe some damage caused by that slash just before the Niskanen attack. As we know, hockey players can continue to operate without a jaw. Even Crosby.
  • Like 1

Daley in the box, Shattenkirk with the goal. Reminded me of Hawks-Blues game. :eyeroll:

Seriously! ;) Sometimes the Pens/Caps end up confusing Mr. blues and myself; we are schizophrenic fans! Since we're from Pittsburgh, we're strong Pens fans.

However, being strong hockey fans, we go to quite a few AHL games for the local team, the Hershey Bears. Which are . . . the Caps farm team. Who frequently play the Scranton/WB Penguins; the Pens farm team. So on a minor league level we are pulling for the Caps, kind of, and against the Pens??!! It's fun when you get to see someone like Tristan Jarry play (goalie for baby Pens that got called up) , not so fun when you get to see Tom Sestito (wing for baby Pens that gets called up when they need him sometimes); that guy is a thug whenever he plays. But sometimes I end up trying to remember who is playing where at the moment!! :P

• Like 1

Series is far from over. Pens have withstood the Caps best efforts, but that doesn't mean Washington is done. Although the fact that they just can't beat Pittsburgh is bizarre. Caps have lost 8 out 9 playoff series against the Pens.

If they are going to win a game it will have to be tonight. Even still they will drop the next two and be done. If they lose tonight they are getting swept.

Caps won their last game of the season last night.

What a pessimist. You should write lyrics for Rush instead of Neil. ;)
  • Like 2

Not a pessimist. Just someone who studies the game and can see what's going on.

I'm sorry, grasshopper. But have you heard Crosby will not play in game 4 because of a concussion?

I'm sorry, grasshopper. But have you heard Crosby will not play in game 4 because of a ridiculous f***ing cheap shot concussion?

FIXED

• Like 1

I'm sorry, grasshopper. But have you heard Crosby will not play in game 4 because of a concussion?

I heard. It doesn't matter.

Caps still lose the series. I doubt they win another game.

Daley in the box, Shattenkirk with the goal. Reminded me of Hawks-Blues game. :eyeroll:

Seriously! ;) Sometimes the Pens/Caps end up confusing Mr. blues and myself; we are schizophrenic fans! Since we're from Pittsburgh, we're strong Pens fans.

However, being strong hockey fans, we go to quite a few AHL games for the local team, the Hershey Bears. Which are . . . the Caps farm team. Who frequently play the Scranton/WB Penguins; the Pens farm team. So on a minor league level we are pulling for the Caps, kind of, and against the Pens??!! It's fun when you get to see someone like Tristan Jarry play (goalie for baby Pens that got called up) , not so fun when you get to see Tom Sestito (wing for baby Pens that gets called up when they need him sometimes); that guy is a thug whenever he plays. But sometimes I end up trying to remember who is playing where at the moment!! :P

A few years ago the family went to Hershey for vacation. We stayed at the Hotel Hershey or Hershey Hotel, whatever it's called. We skated on its fake ice in August, which was cool. My son got a pretty cool Hershey Bears hat out of the trip.

• Like 1

I don't know. I understand your point, and as a Boston sports fan who remembers what it was like around here before 2001, I appreciate it. But I think Crosby being out is a big problem for the Pingus.

• Like 1

I don't know. I understand your point, and as a Boston sports fan who remembers what it was like around here before 2001, I appreciate it. But I think Crosby being out is a big problem for the Pingus.

I agree. :( :( It's his fourth concussion, also :(

I agree. :( :( It's his fourth concussion, also :(

Quite honestly, at that point you have to start thinking about your long term health.

• Like 2