Beck

Permanent-Rush

Odelay is his masterpiece. I must have played the cd continuously for months after it was released.

I also think Sea Change is fantastic. It's slow and introspective. A change of pace I appreciate from time to time.

And Morning Phase is superb. "Blue Moon" and "Country Down" are my favorites.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

I like (and own) most of his albums. Sea Change is hands down one of the finer pop albums of that time/era in music. Odelay was very fun when it came out, even though the music world was kinda crazy at the time (grunge briefly threw a lot of musical doors wide open on the radio), Beck was *still* unique and rose above the din. The fact he could go from Zappa-esque oddity to master songwriter on Sea Change in what seemed like a quick minute is just a sign of how talented he really is.

Can't say I like his last couple albums much. They got played a few times and shelved. Probably as much to do with my changing tastes as it is so much other music to choose from nowadays.

• Like 1

Odelay is his masterpiece. I must have played the cd continuously for months after it was released.

I also think Sea Change is fantastic. It's slow and introspective. A change of pace I appreciate from time to time.

My three favorite Beck records. They receive heavy listenings

My three favorite Beck records. They receive heavy listenings

Cool. They were the first three albums that came to mind. And I guess there's a reason for that.

Beck is extremely eclectic. His discography Is a wonderful ride.

Yes Beck is fantastic. Really like odelay, and his debut was good too. I recall, if memory serves, Beck had a 2112 sticker on his acoustic.

He reminds me of page or the flaming lips, in the way he orchestrates sounds together so well, that work. A music magician in his own unique way.

• Like 1