2016-17 College Football Thread

The last couple of seasons British Telecom (http://home.bt.com/) started broadcasting several over the weekend with the odd game mid-week live via ESPN and others, so, yeah.. it's quite entertaing. The NFL is aired live on the Sky Sports Channel. This lot screen the pick of the weekends games with three back-to-back from 6pm sunday also monday and thursday nights games. B.T charges extra to watch Sky Sports so i don't bother.

The last couple of seasons British Telecom (http://home.bt.com/) started broadcasting several over the weekend with the odd game mid-week live via ESPN and others, so, yeah.. it's quite entertaing. The NFL is aired live on the Sky Sports Channel. This lot screen the pick of the weekends games with three back-to-back from 6pm sunday also monday and thursday nights games. B.T charges extra to watch Sky Sports so i don't bother.

Yeah, if you can ever attend a college football game in real life, treat yourself to that opportunity. It's an all day affair and there is more than just the game:

First of all, drunk, half naked, college girls walking around everywhere. Then, the drinking. Also, the tailgating, food everywhere. Then, the pageantry of the marching bands and various traditions that each school displays, from specific cheers, unique hand gestures, and some teams change their uniforms every week.

It's pure tribalism. And, yes, the games are awesome.

• Like 1

Badgers 10

Buckeyes 3 (end of 1st)

So far, so good!! :ebert:

Badgers 16

Buckeyes 6 (Halftime)

Solid defense and exceptional play by the freshman QB Hornibrook!

:ebert: :ebert:

Buckeyes 30

Badgers 23 (OT)

Bucky gave 'em a war, but in the end, OSU took advantage of QB Hornibrook's immobility and sacked him on 4th down.

What a shame........ :boohoo: :boohoo:

• Like 1

Buckeyes 30

Badgers 23 (OT)

Bucky gave 'em a war, but in the end, OSU took advantage of QB Hornibrook's immobility and sacked him on 4th down.

Yeah, I was hoping the Badgers would be victorious! I'm not sure Penn State will be able to do much against Ohio State next week but we'll see . . . . .

Buckeyes 30

Badgers 23 (OT)

What a great contest it was...this is the first time I've actually seen the Badgers play this season. Their running game and their defensive line in particular are outstanding!

But I'm happy that my Buckeyes pulled it out in the end. :)

What a great game it was to watch!

Buckeyes 30

Badgers 23 (OT)

Yeah, I was hoping the Badgers would be victorious!

:( I see how you are...

:P

• Like 1

Buckeyes 30

Badgers 23 (OT)

What a great contest it was...this is the first time I've actually seen the Badgers play this season. Their running game and their defensive line in particular are outstanding!

But I'm happy that my Buckeyes pulled it out in the end. :)

What a great game it was to watch!

It's going to be difficult for the Badgers to regroup and win the rest of their games. Two straight heartbreaking losses against Top-5 teams. Just a few plays here and there, and they would have been 6-0 and probably ranked #2 behind Alabama.

Yeah, if you can ever attend a college football game in real life, treat yourself to that opportunity. It's an all day affair and there is more than just the game:

First of all, drunk, half naked, college girls walking around everywhere. Then, the drinking. Also, the tailgating, food everywhere. Then, the pageantry of the marching bands and various traditions that each school displays, from specific cheers, unique hand gestures, and some teams change their uniforms every week.

It's pure tribalism. And, yes, the games are awesome.

Heh!.. not sure about the drunken half-nakedness as i'm old enough to be a dad to those girls, but i'd be up for a few beers and a bit of tail-gating.. whilst checking out said girls mothers ;)

Yesterday, I didn't watch a single college football game. My understanding is that the NC State kicker missed three field goals, the last of which would have won the game and upset 3rd ranked Clemson. What a shame he missed.

I watched, instead, parachutists jumping 876 feet off the New River gorge bridge in West Virginia. INSANE!

• Like 1

Yesterday, I didn't watch a single college football game. My understanding is that the NC State kicker missed three field goals, the last of which would have won the game and upset 3rd ranked Clemson. What a shame he missed.

I watched, instead, parachutists jumping 876 feet off the New River gorge bridge in West Virginia. INSANE!

That is such a beautiful area. I've been there on just a normal day, and that is one high bridge! It must have awesome to see people parachuting there!

Yesterday, I didn't watch a single college football game. My understanding is that the NC State kicker missed three field goals, the last of which would have won the game and upset 3rd ranked Clemson.

It's true.

Tiggers were damned lucky to win that game.

Yesterday, I didn't watch a single college football game. My understanding is that the NC State kicker missed three field goals, the last of which would have won the game and upset 3rd ranked Clemson.

It's true.

Tiggers were damned lucky to win that game.

Yes they were...I'm a little surprised that they're still ranked as highly as they are, considering the teams that they've struggled against.

Not to take anything away from NCState- they are a good team. But outside of the top 25 FBS teams. And they are not the only unranked team that Clemson just barely got by.

Congrats to Rhyta's Utes- Big scoring in their 52-45 victory over UCLA !

Mr. blues and I are watching 4 different things tonight- two avidly- Penn State playing Ohio State, hoping to not be embarrassed too badly as PSU loses; and Penguins playing Nashville in NHL; also peeking in on Cubs game (of course!) and Caps-Rangers game as daughter is a huge Caps fan . . .

#10 Wisconsin 17

Iowa 9

A tough, TOUGH game for Bucky after very close losses to #3 Michigan and #2 OSU. The Badgers looked a lot like the Packers - marching down the field only to screw up near the end zone. Iowa played some mighty good defense, but they just didn't have the offensive firepower to win. Some really close plays called called back after review, so the Hawkeyes must really be pissed!!

Next up: At home against #9 Nebraska. The Gauntlet continues!! :o :o

• Like 1

Penn State just BEAT Ohio State !! 24- 21 !! Wow, the Whiteout worked !!!

Penn State 24

Ohio State 21

That Whiteout was GREAT! I think it blinded the ref so much, he couldn't see the pass interference by the Penn State cornerback in the last 2 minutes......:LOL:

• Like 2

What a monumental upset of Ohio State by Penn State. Finally, something for Lions fans to be happy about post-Paterno scandal.

Anyone notice LSU hasn't lost since Miles has been fired?

West Virginia seems to be the real deal. They should be top 10, this week.

Can Nebraska get into the B1G championship game against Michigan? That would be awesome?

• Like 1

Starting with the Indiana game struggle then the Wisconsin survival the results from yesterday Ohio State loss wasn't so shocking or monumental for me.. Still, Buckeyes should've won but i've always been suspect of national rankings including my OSU Buckeyes. Granted beating Oklahoma propelled them in position top four but Sooners already loss prior to Ohio State game so they also shouldn't been ranked high to begin with think there #16 now?

Penn State 24

Ohio State 21

That Whiteout was GREAT! I think it blinded the ref so much, he couldn't see the pass interference by the Penn State cornerback in the last 2 minutes...... :LOL:

If the Ohio State Univ would have played up to their capability, they'd have never been in the situation to begin with. Suckeyes.

Penn State 24

Ohio State 21

That Whiteout was GREAT! I think it blinded the ref so much, he couldn't see the pass interference by the Penn State cornerback in the last 2 minutes...... :LOL:

If the Ohio State Univ would have played up to their capability, they'd have never been in the situation to begin with. Suckeyes.

I agree Buckeyes lost this game by stupidity no help from the refs. What the hell was the kicking problem all of a sudden????