First Set Discussion:

losingit2k

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

Last I checked T4E, HYF and Power Windows outsold CA.

Move 2 of the CA songs out, replace with 2 of above.

Does anyone else think CA deserves 3 songs?

NO OTHER ALBUM was represented by 3 SONGS!!!

They are going to play songs they enjoy playing. Personally, would I like them to swap out some Clockwork Angels songs? Sure. But they probably won't, and I'm fine with it. I have a feeling I'm going to a show where they won't play "Jacob's Ladder". That bothers me more.

• Like 2

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

They are going to play songs they enjoy playing. Personally, would I like them to swap out some Clockwork Angels songs? Sure. But they probably won't, and I'm fine with it. I have a feeling I'm going to a show where they won't play "Jacob's Ladder". That bothers me more.

Well said. man I really want to see that. We also have to see, are they going to A/B/A/B it? Its hard to go to back to back shows without some gold bullion and a good set of tires.

I thought CA was an anticlimatic start.

I think they picked the right songs. If those are songs that get them pumped up, go for it.

I might miss "Jacob's Ladder". :(

I get that - but its also about getting the crowd in with a bang, and I just felt it was too tame. Its hard to complain with this setlist, Im very pleased... just saying... and of those, I would have come out killing small animals with HF which is a rip roaring rock juggernaut.

I think they picked the right songs. If those are songs that get them pumped up, go for it.

I get that - but its also about getting the crowd in with a bang, and I just felt it was too tame. Its hard to complain with this setlist, Im very pleased... just saying... and of those, I would have come out killing small animals with HF which is a rip roaring rock juggernaut.

I pretty much agree with what you are saying. We're Rush fans, we find ways to nitpick. It's easy with Rush having so many great songs.

They should've started the show with Headlong Flight. Since they have so many CA songs that one is just a better opener.
  • Like 2

I pretty much agree with what you are saying. We're Rush fans, we find ways to nitpick. It's easy with Rush having so many great songs.

Yes!!! But funny, with this setlist, I cant even really bitch about Limelight, Trees, Freewill, YYZ, etc.... too many gems!

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

Those three songs kick ass. Get over it.
  • Like 3

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

C'mon dude....you should know better. This is the age of downloading and you're comparing CA record sales to older records?

• Like 2

Agree with what a lot of people said here, 3 CA songs isn't terrible, yes Headlong seems like the more logical opener of the three. They have always said they are most proud of their most recent stuff so 3 CA songs I think is fine. Like Neil has said technically the stuff they should be digging the most is their most recent because they technically should be getting better as a band.

The only thing people should be up in arms about is if jacobs ladder is not a staple for this tour!!!

And to whoever asked they did 3 songs from FTK - xanadu, ctth, cygnus so CA was not the only one to get 3. And on top of that with all the rotations, some other albums will have more than 2 featured during this tour.

Edited by mrfriendly

I thought clockwork angels as an opener would be bad just because the beginning isnt that "get out of your seat" song but after hearing it in that spot on the videos and stream im in love with it..its epic

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

C'mon dude....you should know better. This is the age of downloading and you're comparing CA record sales to older records?

Exactly.

Yes, I think Clockwork Angels is good enough to deserve three songs in this set list.

A Farewell to Kings also had three songs from it played.

Get over it, Disembodied Spirit.

• Like 1

THIS-

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Headlong Flight

Is UNACCEPTABLE- 3 songs

Actually, A Farewell to Kings was. Cygnus, CTTH, and Xanadu.

This is the first tour after Clockwork Angels, of course they're gonna play several songs from the album. They played 3 Snakes & Arrows songs in the Time Machine tour, they're immensely proud of CA

And on the R30 tour they played 3 songs off of Vapor Trails (OLV, Earthshine and Secret Touch) which was the most recent at the time.

• Like 1

Set 1:

Clockwork Angels

Far Cry

One Little Victory

Animate

Roll the Bones

Scars

Time Stand Still

The Big Money/alt Marathon

Red Sector A

Subdivisions