The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Machine Heads new album is great

I love it warts and all!

It's reminding me of The Juliana Theory's underrated Love. That album saw the band throw all caution to the wind and try lots of things.

Love is better but Catharsis is so bloody entertaining!

• Like 1

Machine Heads new album is great

I love it warts and all!

It's reminding me of The Juliana Theory's underrated Love. That album saw the band throw all caution to the wind and try lots of things.

Love is better but Catharsis is so bloody entertaining!

i've made my decision I LOVE Catharsis. i've played it lots by now. it's crazy fukkd up. but help me. it's fabulous.

Mick

I forget, butI have some hazy memory that one or both of you might enjoy Fall Out Boy to some extent. So here's a strong opinion for you to dissect if that's true:

Fall Out Boy's new album Mania is hot, steaming garbage.

• Like 1

I forget, butI have some hazy memory that one or both of you might enjoy Fall Out Boy to some extent. So here's a strong opinion for you to dissect if that's true:

i enjoy Early Fallout Boy.

Didn't like the album before this new one.

so i haven't heard the new one, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Kinda can't stand them, but From Under The Cork Tree has some great songs. One of those bands that took the mainstream emo sound and made the genre shite.

• Like 2

Mick

From Under The Cork tree is something like a 10/10 for me, maybe more like 9/10 or 8/10 if I'm feeling more snobbish that day. Mania is worse than their last one if only because much of it fails to even be mediocre, it's just kind of awful.

• Like 1

Mick

Kinda can't stand them, but From Under The Cork Tree has some great songs. One of those bands that took the mainstream emo sound and made the genre shite.

Yeah, didn't exactly do it any favors by bringing out all of the cliche and cringe and downplaying the authenticity as they went on.

• Like 1

FIRST POST THIS YEAR !!!!!

Symphony X song Paradise Lost reminds me of Kansas.

Sonata Arctica often remind me of Kansas.

Kings X remind me of Kansas.

Mick...are we Kansas fans by any chance haha

• Like 1

You know.......no other fans hear it but SA'S debut is like Kansas on steroids to me, lol

and King's X main singer STILL sounds like Steve Walsh to my ears.

Mick

• Like 1

You know.......no other fans hear it but SA'S debut is like Kansas on steroids to me, lol

and King's X main singer STILL sounds like Steve Walsh to my ears.

Mick

I don't hear it as much as you but that debut KX album I really do!

SA are big Kansas fans haha

• Like 1

I really am so excited by the sound of Symphony X.

i am so glad cause how long have i been nagging you, lol

I love the prog metal sound. and.....IMO Symphony X probably do it best.

SA come close.....but SX have it for me.

Mick

• Like 1

I really am so excited by the sound of Symphony X.

i am so glad cause how long have i been nagging you, lol

I love the prog metal sound. and.....IMO Symphony X probably do it best.

SA come close.....but SX have it for me.

Mick

SA don't really qualify as prog...but as far as power metal goes...SA and SX may be the tops!

• Like 1

How much Tom Petty do you guys listen to? Recently got into his music. I'm pretty sad this always seems to happen after the artist passes away.

LOVE him. you really can't go wrong with anything he's done.

But Damn the Torpedoes and Hard Promises are two great ones

Mick

• Like 3

How much Tom Petty do you guys listen to? Recently got into his music. I'm pretty sad this always seems to happen after the artist passes away.

I love him. Wildflowers is my current favourite. I have several of his albums and they are growing on me all the time!

Not heard everything yet.

What have you heard?

• Like 1

I love him. Wildflowers is my current favourite. I have several of his albums and they are growing on me all the time!

Not heard everything yet.

What have you heard?

Listened to a bit of Wildflowers and all of Hard Promises last week, as well as some singles here and there; unsure of the albums they're from

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a "bad" music listener for sometimes being disproportionately interested in the artist as a person; I certainly like music for music's sake but I get more enjoyment out of it when I know of the person who created it and what they were thinking.

Tom Petty had an interesting life.

• Like 2

LOVE him. you really can't go wrong with anything he's done.

But Damn the Torpedoes and Hard Promises are two great ones

Mick

I like The Last DJ though Wildflowers cant really be beat.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if I'm a "bad" music listener for sometimes being disproportionately interested in the artist as a person; I certainly like music for music's sake but I get more enjoyment out of it when I know of the person who created it and what they were thinking.

Yeah and he was pretty transparent for an artist of his ilk, he told you what he was doing and disnt pull any punches and didn’t insult the intelligence ofnhis audience. He wrote very simple songs and played them with a passion not really seen in this day and age.

• Like 1

I don't really know how you can be a music listener and not be interested in the artist

I don't really know how you can be a music listener and not be interested in the artist

Really? I was a huge Alice In Chains fan in the 90s but I had never read anything about their personal lives until just a few weeks ago.

At my peak interest in them a little over 20 years ago, I would’ve put them in my top 3 bands...yet I still had no interest to read about their personal lives.

Maybe oddly, I don’t follow this line of thinking for every artist or band.

• Like 1

I couldn't care less about the performer as a person as long as I find what they do entertaining. Obviously there are exceptions like if the person is a convicted murderer, child molester or rapist. But for the most part their private lives are none of my business. It's the art not the artist I'm a fan of.