Which albums get the complete diss on the R40ish Tour?

LocalsBandGuy

Being that the band have all said individually this will be a comprehensive set list spanning their careers, one would hope they would touch on every album. Unfortunately, we already know this is not the case.

Forget about individual songs. Which albums get the total blow off this time around?

Will it be more than just Power Windows? Will the 1st album be off the set?

If they are truly doing the "retrospective experience" thing with this "last tour" then I think they do at LEAST one tune from EVERY album....whether full or in part.

I'd be willing to bet that you see which ever holdover from the individual albums tour that made it to the NEXT tour on the set list.

Far Cry

The Way the Wind Blows

One Little Victory

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Driven

Stick it Out

Nobody's Hero

Dreamline

Roll the Bones

etc...back through the catalog...

Everything is on the table this tour IMO.

I have no clue what album they will diss.

Not a clue.

Less than a month away from Tampa!!! 3 months till Vegas!!!!

WHOO WHOOOOOOO

If they are truly doing the "retrospective experience" thing with this "last tour" then I think they do at LEAST one tune from EVERY album....whether full or in part.

I'd be willing to bet that you see which ever holdover from the individual albums tour that made it to the NEXT tour on the set list.

Far Cry

The Way the Wind Blows

One Little Victory

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Driven

Stick it Out

Nobody's Hero

Dreamline

Roll the Bones

That list would suck terribly. Driven would be good. Far Cry because its the only acceptable song from that abominable album. I'm in front row, I'd hate for the boys to see my standing there all zombie faced.

I think Vapor Trails and Caress of Steel both get the axe. But then again, they always do, so there's nothing new here.

Vapor Trails was a bad time for all of them. I think that's why. I agree it will get OLV is anything. So here's hoping they skip it.

It would be great if they did at least one song off every album. We need a song from COS. Been way to long.
  • Like 1

Far Cry

The Way the Wind Blows

One Little Victory

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Driven

Stick it Out

Nobody's Hero

Dreamline

Roll the Bones

That list would suck terribly. Driven would be good. Far Cry because its the only acceptable song from that abominable album. I'm in front row, I'd hate for the boys to see my standing there all zombie faced.

Well, I disagree heartily about Snakes & Arrows. It's a great album. I guess everyone doesn't connect with it. I'm old school (2112, AFTK, etc.) and I like it.
  • Like 5

Far Cry

The Way the Wind Blows

One Little Victory

Secret Touch

Earthshine

Driven

Stick it Out

Nobody's Hero

Dreamline

Roll the Bones

Well, I disagree heartily about Snakes & Arrows. It's a great album. I guess everyone doesn't connect with it. I'm old school (2112, AFTK, etc.) and I like it.

Oh, I'm not saying that list is good or bad, I'm just looking at what they seem to do from year to year... I'm sure we'll get something totally obscure, and a few things we all go "WTF??!" But knowing how they usually do the set lists from tour to tour....No new album this time, so you'll get some off the wall stuff like R30...and if their "for the fans" attitude sticks, then they'll play what they think we like...and since we're the hard core fans, it won't be what WE like! (and unless they decide they're only playing stuff from HyF, Presto, RtB, and T4E, I WON'T complain about the set list!)

And yeah, I'm with you...I'm old school as well and I LOVE S&A!

• Like 2

Ok...if I were a betting man:

Presto and COS will not be represented.

We KNOW Power Windows is out. I'm inclined to think every other album will represented, just not every night.

I could see albums like HYF, Presto, VT, t4e, and maybe even RTB only showing up on one night of the 2 alternating sets.

Alex (keep in mind the Big Al reality/fantasy factor of .83 with ANYTHING Big Al says regarding the band), said 2 particular things:

They have 35 songs ready.

They are shortening the sets a little.

These 2 things add up to more rotation slots in the set.

Edited by LocalsBandGuy
  • Like 1

^^^^^agreed. Simple math.

Here's my best guess (any medleys are not counted in the total number of songs. They will be in addition to):

SET 1:

8 songs + medley

9 songs minus medley

SET 2:

11 songs + medley

12 songs minus medley

ENCORE:

2 songs + medley

4 songs minus medley

CA Tour was 10-13-4 or 27 songs (no medleys). Without any medleys, the count above will be 25 songs (9-12-4).

We KNOW Power Windows is out. I'm inclined to think every other album will represented, just not every night.

I could see albums like HYF, Presto, VT, t4e, and maybe even RTB only showing up on one night of the 2 alternating sets.

Alex (keep in mind the Big Al reality/fantasy factor of .83 with ANYTHING Big Al says regarding the band), said 2 particular things:

I know what Lerxst said, but I'm not buying that Power Windows is totally out of the rotation. I expect to see at least one song from the album. Lerxst isn't always the most truthful interviewee. Remember he denied Rush was working on a concept album (Clockwork Angels). ;)

Here's my best guess (any medleys are not counted in the total number of songs. They will be in addition to):

SET 1:

8 songs + medley

9 songs minus medley

SET 2:

11 songs + medley

12 songs minus medley

ENCORE:

2 songs + medley

4 songs minus medley

CA Tour was 10-13-4 or 27 songs (no medleys). Without any medleys, the count above will be 25 songs (9-12-4).

Well, that's if you count Overture, The Temples of Syrinx, and Grand Finale as separate songs. I don't.

I know what Lerxst said, but I'm not buying that Power Windows is totally out of the rotation. I expect to see at least one song from the album. Lerxst isn't always the most truthful interviewee. Remember he denied Rush was working on a concept album (Clockwork Angels). ;)

Hopefully they play the song I inspired from PW (Middletown Dreams) Other than that... I could take either Territories OR Mystic Rhythms..the rest can "rest"!

I'm hoping for more "pre" Moving Pictures stuff, myself! (and even pre-Permanent Waves works as well) So they can "diss" anything from PW on, and I won't complain ONE bit! (hell, I'd even take Lessons and Tears over anything from Presto or Roll the Bones!!)

Since last tour was basically the Clockwork Windows tour...skip all of PW. Hold Your Fire's been rep'd well...dust off Prime Mover/Turn the Page or go full eject also.

SET 1:

8 songs + medley

9 songs minus medley

SET 2:

11 songs + medley

12 songs minus medley

ENCORE:

2 songs + medley

4 songs minus medley

Well, that's if you count Overture, The Temples of Syrinx, and Grand Finale as separate songs. I don't.

Yes, I'm counting them separate because IMO, they are. They didn't name it Temples of Overture or Grand Syrinx.

It'll just be one big 2-hour medley of:

Finding My Way / In The End / I Think I'm Going Bald / The Twilight Zone / Madrigal / La Villa Strangiato / Freewill / Tom Sawyer / Losing It / Red Lenses / The Big Money / Show Don't Tell / Roll The Bones / Animate / Virtuality / One Little Victory / Summertime Blues / Malignant Narcissism / Drum Solo / Wish Them Well.

People always say that about him not being reliable but he's been right more often than he's been wrong. Things can always change as they're planning them and also I'm sure there are things they don't want to give away.

I think that between the alternating nights, and with the use of a medley, each album will be represented at least once. I would think we'd see very little from Power Windows and Clockwork Angels, but at least SOMEthing. Heck, if they want to whittle down HYF, Presto and RtB as well, that'd be fine... let's just make it Emotion Detector, Headlong Flight, Prime Mover, Presto and Roll the Bones, respectively, from those five...BOOM! 5 albums out of the way in about 27 minutes!

Also, regarding the song count debate... 2112 is one song made up of seven different parts. Not multiple songs. :bitchslap: