The Final Battle (Pt. II) - The Best of the Worst a/k/a The Narpsberg Recovery Thread

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best of the worst Rush songs?

• Rivendell
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Tears
    • Madrigal
    • Circumstances
    • Different Strings
    • Vital Signs
    • Countdown
    • Red Lenses
    • Emotion Detector
    • Superconductor
    • Face Up
    • Speed of Love
    • Dog Years
    • Out Of The Cradle
    • Bravest Face/Good News First
    • BU2B2

Could have been either one and if he followed it with CA I can understand his pain a empathize... :(
  • Like 1

Migrane city eh? Im sorry man. My SO suffers from them and they knock her out for days. She still functions but the smallest vibrations or light really get her down.

Can I ask tho. Were you listening to the original VT Or the remix?

Remix. I had sold the CD But forgot i had never deleated it from my librairy. no matter how many fans it's got. i just think it's horrid songwritting.

Mick

• Like 1

Migrane city eh? Im sorry man. My SO suffers from them and they knock her out for days. She still functions but the smallest vibrations or light really get her down.

Can I ask tho. Were you listening to the original VT Or the remix?

Remix. I had sold the CD But forgot i had never deleated it from my librairy. no matter how many fans it's got. i just think it's horrid songwritting.

Mick

And GOD if i had followed it with CA........i'd be dead, lol

Mick

:laughing guy:

That's our Mick! :wub:

• Like 1

Peaceable Kingdom........that's such a lie. that songis ANYTHING but peaceable. That song is like a dentist drill..........if you play VT backwards you can hear Rush laughing all the way to the bank.

Mick

• Like 2

:smoke:

You'd need a boatload of those to get through VT.

Thank you........i'll be here all night try the veal.

Mick

Maybe if you smoke enough :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: , the term "vapor trails" takes on new meaning.

• Like 3

Mick

Maybe if you smoke enough :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: , the term "vapor trails" takes on new meaning.

We've cracked it.........all this time they were telling us what you need to enjoy the Album.

I can't speak for Segue but.......i think we know what powers "the Segue" and what's in the Cupcakes. lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

We've cracked it.........all this time they were telling us what you need to enjoy the Album.

I can't speak for Segue but.......i think we know what powers "the Segue" and what's in the Cupcakes. lol.

Mick

Actually that explains A LOT. :D

• Like 1

I voted for Circumstances, which won by just a hair above Different Strings. That vote hurt :P.

Led, do you honestly think that out of all of the songs, Dog Years is the best one?

Yes, though my opinion on this changes. Rivendell, Circumstances, and Vital Signs could beat it on any given day, but the others aren't close to as good. Dog Years rocks, sounds great, had good, playful lyrics and is always a joy to listen to.

Peaceable Kingdom........that's such a lie. that songis ANYTHING but peaceable. That song is like a dentist drill..........if you play VT backwards you can hear Rush laughing all the way to the bank.

Mick

Like all of VT, one of the best skngs the band ever wrote. I love this somg!

Mick

I second this! Peaceable Kingdom has a really good bassline, and I love Geddy's harmonies.

• Like 1

Mick

I second this! Peaceable Kingdom has a really good bassline, and I love Geddy's harmonies.

I love Peaceable Kingdom, too.

I own a shit ton of albums I can honestly say. VT is one of the worst i own by far........but hemispheres is one of the best. It's funny 2 of Rush's albums own the best and worst title in my collection. Kind of nice in a way, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I own a shit ton of albums I can honestly say. VT is one of the worst i own by far........but hemispheres is one of the best. It's funny 2 of Rush's albums own the best and worst title in my collection. Kind of nice in a way, lol

Mick

One is great, the other is fairly close to meh.

VT FTW! Vapor Trails is a real treasure in my collection. As with Hold Your Fire, it is one of those albums that frankly left me cold first time, but I think VT is top four material for me now, and lately I have been enjoying it more than both AFTK and MP.

Mick

VT FTW! Vapor Trails is a real treasure in my collection. As with Hold Your Fire, it is one of those albums that frankly left me cold first time, but I think VT is top four material for me now, and lately I have been enjoying it more than both AFTK and MP.

Funny thing For all the praise AFTK gets i always forget it exits. That's not one of my fun over the top exaggerations i honestly forget it exits. Other then Xanadu. i'm always like....oh yea Rush did an album between 2112 and hemispheres.

Mick

Mick

i'm always like....oh yea Rush did an album between 2112 and hemispheres.

Mick

:moon: .... :codger:
  • Like 3

Mick

i'm always like....oh yea Rush did an album between 2112 and hemispheres.

Mick

:moon: .... :codger:

lol........i don't hate the thing......it just doesn't stand out to me.

At least ged doesn't yodel on it.

I'm afraid if they do Xanadu now.......it'll become Xana-yodel.

Mick

• Like 2

Tis ok Mick. I pretend Permanent Waves came straight after AFTK. Not even kidding, I never play Hems anymore. It went from being one of my favourites to bottom of the pile. I often praise coz I feel I have too, but over time I just don't like it as much as I thought I did, and I don't hear the masterpiece everybody else does.

And I worked out that everytime I have come away from it loving it, I have been high on medication. Go figure!

Tis ok Mick. I pretend Permanent Waves came straight after AFTK. Not even kidding, I never play Hems anymore. It went from being one of my favourites to bottom of the pile. I often praise coz I feel I have too, but over time I just don't like it as much as I thought I did, and I don't hear the masterpiece everybody else does.

And I worked out that everytime I have come away from it loving it, I have been high on medication. Go figure!

We are going to have to do something about this. I will consult with Mick and see what we can come up with to remedy this atrocity.

Of all the seventies albums that Rush did, the one I wouldn't care, next to the Debut, if I ever heard again is 2112. To me, it sounds the most dated today than any of the others.

Mick

Funny thing For all the praise AFTK gets i always forget it exits. That's not one of my fun over the top exaggerations i honestly forget it exits. Other then Xanadu. i'm always like....oh yea Rush did an album between 2112 and hemispheres.

Mick

that's absurd.

Rick

• Like 2