The Worst - Round Eighteen

Lorraine

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Clockwork Angels?

You can have the best production ever. but if your material is CP. don't bother.

My new motto, lol

Mick

My new motto is "I'm rollin with Mick"

That's what I expect a Dick to say.

• Like 2

You can have the best production ever. but if your material is CP. don't bother.

My new motto, lol

Mick

That's what I expect a Dick to say.

and that's exactly what I would expect a dickhead to say
  • Like 1

A lot of great material ruined by the production I'm afraid.

Always been my argument.

Mick

I'm always a bit surprised by how much production effects people's opinions. CP and S&A were very well produced, but the songs and lyrics are brutal. VT and CA have bad production, but the songs are still very strong. I don't get how people can't separate quality production from quality songs.

Did I not say great material?

don't worry i did, lol. I dislike the production.......cleaned up it could improve my view of it.

although CA has quite a bit of clunky material.

i'll stand by that.

Mick

The original release of Caravan sounds awesome compared to the album version. I just wish whoever did that had done the album.

oh god i know......i was no fan of the song but that mix....prime

the whole album needed that

then i might be singing a different tune.

Mick

Rich Chycki did the original mix. He should have mixed the whole album

• Like 2

Hi I'm poor decision making Rob Lowe. I have face tattoos and I think Bluebox is a frickin genious.

My vote went for BU2B22BBB222B2112B2B... oh whatever. It's pure filler and doesn't need to be on the album.

You Halo Effect voters are lame...it's easily in the top half of the songs on CA. Nothing groundbreaking but a nice, concise song and a break from rest of the songs.

I'm done...let's end this and do the autopsy.

Always been my argument.

Mick

I'm always a bit surprised by how much production effects people's opinions. CP and S&A were very well produced, but the songs and lyrics are brutal. VT and CA have bad production, but the songs are still very strong. I don't get how people can't separate quality production from quality songs.

Did I not say great material?

don't worry i did, lol. I dislike the production.......cleaned up it could improve my view of it.

although CA has quite a bit of clunky material.

i'll stand by that.

Mick

The original release of Caravan sounds awesome compared to the album version. I just wish whoever did that had done the album.

oh god i know......i was no fan of the song but that mix....prime

the whole album needed that

then i might be singing a different tune.

Mick

Rich Chycki did the original mix. He should have mixed the whole album

Right on......i keep hearing people say try to ignore the production. but they forget sometimes production can make or break an album. CA Has a bit against it but i still feel the production is a death nail.

Mick

• Like 1

I vote The Garden: too many 'roses & lollipops' after one rocking hour; ending with a mumble rather than with a blaze. Edited by geezer

Always been my argument.

Mick

This...

Great songs with bad production beat shit songs that are produced immaculately every time.

Nothing you can do to make Faithless listenable.

Jesus Christ himself could have been in the production room and the thing would still suck.

Then again he probably would have potted down the vocals in the mix....

Actually when Stick It Out hit the radio here, everyone ran out to buy CP. This was their last new single to get heavy rotation on BAB.

Mick, not sure if you were a fan here then...perhaps you recall that. BAB played it in heavy rotation. No song since...and CP charted 2, platinum record, and there are better tunes on it than SIO. Yes, the lyrics aren't great. But at least DA was an attempt to travel back to early lyrics, something rarely attempted in that era.

RTB went platinum off the success and heavy radio play of Dreamline, Ghost of a Chance, RTB and Bravado, songs still played on classic rock radio. CP started off very strong, fell off the charts, and never reached platinum. Once people heard Stick it Out, Nobody's Hero and Double Agent, they stopped buying the record and playing the songs on the radio. But the production was nice, so it's got that going for it...which is...nice.

I recall Stick It Out got tons of radio before going on sale, so everyone here at least knew that one before buying and I thought at the time Double Agent was a huge t/h to their 70s era.

Now when I listen to DA, I hear some swimmies (who started that word here!). I recall MSG went nutso twice over DA, but hey, that could have been the pyros...)

I also love CTTC and BTAM, but I may be a one man army here.

Edited by Gabrielgil513

"Whines"

I WAS BROUGHT UP TO BELIEVEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....................Shut up Neil

Mick

:laughing guy: If you only knew how often I said those exact words when reading something he has written. Or said. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

"Whines"

I WAS BROUGHT UP TO BELIEVEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....................Shut up Neil

Mick

:laughing guy: If you only knew how often I said those exact words when reading something he has written. Or said. :laughing guy:

lol. that's funny. my mom always taught me no whining......and BU2B is one big whine.

it just is.

Mick

• Like 1

My new motto, lol

Mick

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers:

lol

Lorraine

Can we make t-shirts of that.

"I'm rollin' with mick

Pic of a wheelchair on the front.

it says geddy yodels on the back.

Mick

• Like 4

My new motto, lol

Mick

lol

Lorraine

"I'm rollin' with mick

Mick

If I had the money, I'd do it for sure and distribute the t-shirts to all of your fans. :yes: :cheers:

• Like 1

My "likes" are freak'in broken again!! :rage: :sigh: :wtf: I liked a few posts when I just came on and now I can't again. Geezo...
  • Like 1

My new motto, lol

Mick

lol

Lorraine

"I'm rollin' with mick

Mick

If I had the money, I'd do it for sure and distribute the t-shirts to all of your fans. :yes: :cheers:

Lorraine you gonna take all the worst and create a poll to whittle it down to the outright worst?... :)
  • Like 1

My "likes" are freak'in broken again!! :rage: :sigh: :wtf: I liked a few posts when I just came on and now I can't again. Geezo...

i liked this, lol

Um..........Long live swiss Rush??

Mick

Now it f**king worked again. Good grief... :wacko:
  • Like 1

i liked this, lol

Um..........Long live swiss Rush??

Mick

Now it f**king worked again. Good grief... :wacko:

making fun of Ged's current voice heals all.

Mick

• Like 1

No use prolonging this.

POLL CLOSED

:blah: Thanks to all who contributed to the insanity. Please pick up your complimentary copy of Dale Carnegie's best seller How To Win Friends and Influence People on your way out. Or in. Sometimes the way out is the way in. Or so it's been written.

On to the final battle.....The Worst of the Worst------------------------------------------------>

• Like 1

This "like" thing is really pissing me off. I like a few then I can't and so on and so on. What's the dillio?... :rage:

No use prolonging this.

POLL CLOSED

:blah: Thanks to all who contributed to the insanity. Please pick up your complimentary copy of Dale Carnegie's best seller How To Win Friends and Influence People on your way out. Or in. Sometimes the way out is the way in. Or so it's been written.

I actually have that book.

Or maybe had it...I might have gotten rid of it. Anyway, I found it too tempting to not mention it.

:outtahere:

• Like 1

No use prolonging this.

POLL CLOSED

Or maybe had it...I might have gotten rid of it. Anyway, I found it too tempting to not mention it.

Now you are the proud possessor of not only one, but two copies! :)

No use prolonging this.

POLL CLOSED

Now you are the proud possessor of not only one, but two copies! :)

:)

Which means if I do happen to win a friend, or if I should happen to influence someone...somehow...I could give them

a copy of it, too!

Or I could just put on Permanent Waves, turn the volume up, and fuhgeddaboudit!

• Like 2