Wanted: 1 (good) ticket for MSG 6/29.

Laurabw

Ok, so I'm kicking myself for not splurging and getting a silver or gold seat when the VIP sale was on for Madison Square Garden NYC, 6/29. Too much overthinking, ack. :eyeroll: At this point I'm loathe to get a resale ticket based on the prices I'm seeing on Ticketmaster, so if anyone has an extra to sell me...

And yeah, this beggar is being a chooser, because I really want to get a GOOD seat, so I'm looking at 108, 116. Or maybe 109 or 115 if they're on the ends closer to 108 and 115.

(Prudential has some good side of stage seats but honestly I don't want to go there by myself.)

Anyway, I'm just throwing it out there, cuz you never know. I was hoping to win my church's 50/50 this past weekend (seriously) and then this would've been a lot easier, but so far I haven't gotten the call! :D

Its a shame a girl should have to go alone. If I wasn't married i would take you myself.

Good luck on the ticket and have you checked the re-sales? Very expensive, but its your call. I paid for our two seats big time.

LOL, well thanks. Yeah, I've been checking the resales, I may have to go that route eventually, but trying to avoid it if at all possible! There's still time, I'm hoping maybe some will get released closer to the date, but I figured I'd ask anyway. I have no problem going alone, but I just want a good seat!!
  • Like 1

I've discovered that Ticketmaster is advertising the same resale tickets that are on StubHub, but they are marking up the prices. Meaning that if you go to StubHub directly you can get them for a bit cheaper, and possibly have a wider selection to choose from.

http://www.stubhub.com/rush-tickets/rush-new-york-madison-square-garden-6-29-2015-9223848/

• Like 1

That could be that the seller has them listed on multiple resale sites. BTW--prudential center is very accessible by train (nj transit or path) and you can walk through the tunnel in gateway center to about two blocks away on a very crowded street where you will be safe even if alone. Especially on a show night or hockey game night, etc, it's mobbed with friendlies. You'll be fine going alone as long as you don't hang out til everyone else is gone.

Hm. I don't know. The other problem for me is, I'd have to drive to the train if I don't want to drive to Pru.

So it turns into a huge thing that takes way longer than it should, as opposed to the city which is either just drive in or take the ferry. I may end up with no choice though, but we'll see. But thanks for telling me that!

Edited by Laurabw

I've also been there on my own and by train from NYC for the CA show back in 2012. Just 'do a Neil' and leave the Pru the moment the guys are leaving the stage. You'll be fine like HalfwayToGone has also stated. But he's a bloke ;) I didn't feel scared or anything after the show on my way to the train station and on the train back to Penn Station :)
  • Like 1

Oh, ok. Yeah, I'm in northern nj and I'd have to drive to the train, it's not in my town. MSG is easier all the way around and I'm used to it I guess. Bring back Izod! Lol.

That's what I'm hoping, and since it's just a single I'm hoping that will help as well. Thanks.

When those platinum seats don't sell, they'll be released into the general ticket population. I recommend starting to check regularly, as frequently as you can, starting around 2 weeks before the show. This will definitely happen...it's only a matter of patience and persistence.
  • Like 2

I'll be going to the MSG and Newark shows alone as well. I'm making the trek from Canada.

Just a question to those who have taken the Path or NJTransit back to Manhattan after the Newark shows before. Is there someone at a counter

who sells the train tickets at that time at night at Penn Station Newark? Because I read on the site that a ticket is only good for a certain amount of time after I buy it, and that time slot is less than the length of a Rush show, so I wouldn't be able to buy it before. Plus...I plan on being at Edison's Ale House at around 5.

I'll be going to the MSG and Newark shows alone as well. I'm making the trek from Canada.

Just a question to those who have taken the Path or NJTransit back to Manhattan after the Newark shows before. Is there someone at a counter

who sells the train tickets at that time at night at Penn Station Newark? Because I read on the site that a ticket is only good for a certain amount of time after I buy it, and that time slot is less than the length of a Rush show, so I wouldn't be able to buy it before. Plus...I plan on being at Edison's Ale House at around 5.

Your best bet would be to buy a Metrocard and load it up with $5.50 (the cost of 2 trips). There is no time limit in which to use that. Not sure if you plan on using the subway in NYC, but that would be on the same card. There are machines in every MTA and PATH station.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I'm in northern nj and I'd have to drive to the train, it's not in my town. MSG is easier all the way around and I'm used to it I guess. Bring back Izod! Lol.

Too bad about the Izod. I've been to many many many shows there.