Got Caress of Steel on vinyl today. awww

nicky6

Don't care for the material they use for the cover, old cardboard ones were way better, the vinyl isn't as good as the fly by night one, lots of clicks and pops.. Quess I should stick to orignals..

Bummer. Mine sounds great. Tiny bit of surface noise in the very beginning of The Necromancer, but otherwise crisp and clean. No pops or clicks whatsoever. You might just have gotten a bunk pressing.

Just found Hemispheres on red Vinyl, mint condition for 10 Bucks! now that is a smokin deal :rush:

Now you need a new holy grail to pursue! That's awesome, man. Where on earth did you find that?

I love how this Caress of Steel thread just got steamrolled by Hemispheres

Today was a good day

• Like 4

Clicks and pops = vinyl. Part of its charm. Just learn to love it!

I understand, if it's really bad, when you've just unsealed it. But it's not going to sound as clean (or sterile, if you prefer) as a digital format.

• Like 1

Don't care for the material they use for the cover, old cardboard ones were way better, the vinyl isn't as good as the fly by night one, lots of clicks and pops.. Quess I should stick to orignals..

I think you need to check your turntable. Mine sounds perfect just like Fly By Night did.

I understand, if it's really bad, when you've just unsealed it. But it's not going to sound as clean (or sterile, if you prefer) as a digital format.

If I want clicks and pops I'll pour milk on my Rice Krispies!

If I want clicks and pops I'll pour milk on my Rice Krispies!

Clicks and Pops has always been my favorite act from the 1940's.

How is the cover different? I am going to try the mail in an item to be autographed thing. Trying to decide whether to use my original AFTK album cover or order a new one in April!