2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Hey kids! It's that time of the year! The middle of February is upon us! Pitchers and catchers will be reporting soon!

I think it's time to kick off the 2015 MLB Season with a BANG!!

My pathetic A's will go 62-100. They will easily lose 100 games!

Cespedes will tear it up in Detroit!

I hate Billy Beane!

I hate Lew Wolfe!

We have Billy "Country Breakfast" Butler as our best hitter. Shoot me now!

GO SAN DIEGO PADRES!! THEY ARE GOING TO KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!

GIANTS WILL SUCK TOO! IT'S AN ODD YEAR! THANK GOD!

• Like 2

My expectations for and emotional investment in the Jays are lower this year... middle of the division finish is my prediction. Pitching won't be strong enough. Go ahead and prove me wrong!

I'll say the Tigers and Washington will do well in the regular season.

I would like to say my beloved Cardinals are going to go all the way, but methinks they are going to come back to the pack in their division a bit. Some good pickups in St. Louis in the off-season, but a young Pitt team is improving and the Cubs are showing signs of life. The Brewers are going to be the Brewers and the Reds could fall off the face of the earth for all I care.

As for other NL divisions. I think the East in DC's to take until another team takes it from them. I am not buying the San Diego hype in the West and I think the Dodgers and San Fran (yawn) will be the players there.

AL divisions.... I think the AL is generally wide open. Lots of potential and balance in all three divisions, much more balance than you have in the NL. My only real prediction is that Houston will get closer to .500 than they have in years.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Yanks look iffy this year…lots of question marks. Bullpen looks good, though

Yeah, let's see how good A Rod hole is while he's off the juice and his boy Anthony Bosch is in the can.

• Like 2

For their Detroit Tigers broacasts Fox Sports Detroit will have color commentary by former Tiger greats Jack Morris and Kirk Gibson, outstanding.

Jack Morris was a Blue Jays radio commentator for a year and did a fine job. I'm so old I remember George Kell and Ernie Harwell LOL

A little off topic, but when Billy Martin was the Tigers manager (1971-73), he did a tv pregame show before televised games. You could mail in a question, which I did. My question was picked (it was 'what do you think of interleague play' and he responded that it would be interesting and he was not against it). I won 2 tickets to see a game at Tiger stadium.

You gotta be kidding me. With that Pitching staff they are an 88 win team.

Book it.

DD come on man! Billy dealt the Shark. We lost overrated shit pitcher Lester. Sonny Gray and Kaz? THAT'S IT! Chavez? Zito? Pomerantz? Griffin? Parker? Doolittle is on the shelf.

The A's will easily lose 100 games.

Yeah, let's see how good A Rod hole is while he's off the juice and his boy Anthony Bosch is in the can.

HAHAHA!! A-HOLE!

When that prick was a Ranger I would always scream A-FRAUD!!!!!!!!!! I hate that CON MAN.

What the hell happened to the greatness of the Yankees? They are turning into the A's. Signing old, beat up sluggers.

No pitching. C.C. should retire and go back to Vallejo. That city needs his money!!!!!

My expectations for and emotional investment in the Jays are lower this year... middle of the division finish is my prediction. Pitching won't be strong enough. Go ahead and prove me wrong!

I'll say the Tigers and Washington will do well in the regular season.

I think your Jays are going to be ok! Beane picked up Lawrie but now you guys have Josh Donaldson. STUD

What the hell happened to the greatness of the Yankees? They are turning into the A's. Signing old, beat up sluggers.

No pitching. C.C. should retire and go back to Vallejo. That city needs his money!!!!!

I'll tell you what happened. The Core Four are gone, Robinson Cano left, and we're stuck with the abominable contracts of A-Rod, Mark Teixeira, and CC Sabathia. :sigh: But the team is getting younger. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what happened. The Core Four are gone, Robinson Cano left, and we're stuck with the abominable contracts of A-Rod, Mark Teixeira, and CC Sabathia. :sigh: But the team is getting younger. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

My God that is so true. Even I thought Robbie Cano was going to be a Yankee FOREVER! I can't believe he is in my division playing for the worthless Mariners!

The retirement of Rivera must kill you too.

Why can't the Yanks just cut A FRAUD? 25 million? Pay the bum and let him GO!!!! He's useless like a bull with tits. I don't get it man!

Mark T is always hurt! The Oakland A's used to be the farm system for the Yankees. Now that Yankees are a farm system in the big league! LOL!!!

As an A's fan the Yankees killed my soul in the 2000's. Oh well, nothing kills me more than Kirk Gibson in 1988. That homer off of Eck ruined my life. LOL!

• Like 2

Going to buy MLB Extra Innings this year because WGN America will no longer be showing the games.

Geddy thinks it's going to be a good year for the Pads and White Sox of all teams.

• Like 1

Going to buy MLB Extra Innings this year because WGN America will no longer be showing the games.

Geddy thinks it's going to be a good year for the Pads and White Sox of all teams.

I'll be using third party streamers till this summer. What provider did the Cubs get switched to?

On that note, GO CUBS!

http://baseballwallpapers10.net/wp-content/uploads/images/ba/chicago-cubs-0.jpg

I'll be using third party streamers till this summer. What provider did the Cubs get switched to?

On that note, GO CUBS!

WGN Local and Comcast Chicago or whatever it's called, I believe.

WGN Local and Comcast Chicago or whatever it's called, I believe.

Not sure if Mediacom's offering that at home, I'll have to check when it starts up. Where I'm at it's always a gamble to see which team is going to be on cable, Cubs or Cardinals. None of that Cardinal crap, please...

• Like 1

On that note, GO CUBS!

I think the Cubbies are going to AWESOME!

They fleeced Shithead Billy Beane for Addison Russell. I am so fuckinng pissed off.

FUCKK YOU BILLY BEANE!

I will spend no money on the A's this year.

Mets fan here. Our goal this season is to ride our young pitching to the point that we don't suck.

And Matt Harvey's hope is that multiple supermodels ride one of those young pitchers...

That's the thing with mega contracts.... you still gotta pay 'em.

Talk the Angels in two years, when Pujols has hit his statistical decline, but is still pulling $25M+ off the payroll on top of the other high dollar deals they have on teh books.

• Like 1

On that note, GO CUBS!

I think the Cubbies are going to AWESOME!

They fleeced Shithead Billy Beane for Addison Russell. I am so fuckinng pissed off.

FUCKK YOU BILLY BEANE!

I will spend no money on the A's this year.

My son and I were talking about the Cubs the other night. He's a Cardinal fan just like his father, but he also inherited my more reserved rivalry attitude toward the Cubs. When I was younger, I hated the Cubs and loved to watch them lose. These days? Notsomuch. I miss the good old days when the Cards and Cubs were both relevant and I want that to happen again.... soon.

And to modify the Cubfan mantra.... this may be the year. No, I don't think the Cubs are going to contend for the World Series. I do, though, think the Cubs are going to be a key player in the NL Central. Their roster is much improved and they have a nice young nucleus to build upon. Basically, I see them as very competitive this year.

My son and I agree.... this is a good thing. Moreover, he and I agreed on this point: If the Cubs make it past the Cardinals at any point in the post-season from here on out, we are going to root for the Northsiders to win it all. Blasphemy, I know, from a native St. Louisan.... but I hold to this... a good Cubs team is good for the Cardinals and for baseball. And, well, let's be real, it's been 107 years. Only a jackass Cardinal fan can't sympathize and hope the Cubs shake that monkey soon.

• Like 3