Jump to content


How many of you are on Facebook?


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 771 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

I could be friends with you there and not realize we are friends here too!

Also, who scored tickets? I'm going to Bristow, 16th row on Alex's side. Hope I get some glimpses of Neil too!

;)

Sponsored Post

#2 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

Define "on"..... :)

#3 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42212 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

No and no, and right now I am so turned off by this ticket buying process and the exorbitant amounts charged for them, that even if I had the money, I wouldn't go.

#4 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 771 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Like here, silly! Have a profile and spend time there!

#5 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

View Postcrimsonfrippy, on 24 January 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Like here, silly! Have a profile and spend time there!
Can I have an account and not spend time there?... :lol: I find it boring to be honest

#6 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 771 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostNarpski, on 24 January 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

View Postcrimsonfrippy, on 24 January 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Like here, silly! Have a profile and spend time there!
Can I have an account and not spend time there?... :lol: I find it boring to be honest

I mostly use it for email purposes. Easy to keep in touch with my brother and best friend that way.

#7 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27722 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

View Postcrimsonfrippy, on 24 January 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 24 January 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

View Postcrimsonfrippy, on 24 January 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Like here, silly! Have a profile and spend time there!
Can I have an account and not spend time there?... :lol: I find it boring to be honest

I mostly use it for email purposes. Easy to keep in touch with my brother and best friend that way.
Sweet that it works for you.... :)

#8 WorkingAllTheTime

WorkingAllTheTime

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 2018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas
  • Interests:Writing code for the priests of Syrinx.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

I was on it for a very long time.  Used it to keep in touch with a lot of college friends and family and such.  But I found it became a bit addictive, so early last year, I stepped away from Facebook and haven't been back in 10 months.  The first week was tough, but after that not so much.

I also purposefully go through stretches where I don't spend a lot of time on various forums like this one, too.  The forums, in my mind, have value in that they touch on my interests, whereas Facebook just felt like a tremendous vacuum of my time.  Still, I find that I am happier when I get off the computer and go ride my bike!

That said, I don't hate Facebook.  I just know my limits.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime, 24 January 2015 - 04:26 PM.


#9 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hello Jeannie :hi:

I'm not on facebook, I'm too smart for that. :smoke:

#10 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 601 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Detroit, Rock City!
  • Interests:Football, hockey, cycling, golf, music

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

View Postcrimsonfrippy, on 24 January 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

I could be friends with you there and not realize we are friends here too!

Also, who scored tickets? I'm going to Bristow, 16th row on Alex's side. Hope I get some glimpses of Neil too!

;)

I have an account but under a pseudonym.  I do not want all the knuckleheads from my past tracking me down, so I hide behind a fake name taken from a 60s sitcom.  Only my family and a few close friends know who I am and that I (infrequently) post there.

On a separate note, CF, did you see King Crimson when they toured last year?  I saw two shows and they were among the most powerful rock shows I've ever attended.  It didn't hurt that they performed lots of work from my favorites (70s) era of the band.  I hope you caught at least one show while they were on the road!  Rock on!  
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Huge Ackman, 24 January 2015 - 04:38 PM.


#11 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

I have an account on Facebook. I'm on there every day and have hundreds of Rush fan friends there. It's amazing. Since the tour announcement it's been crazy all the posts and people talking about the band. It's like one big huge crazy family. I was wondering the other day if maybe some of the people here are over there as well.

Edited by EagleMoon, 24 January 2015 - 05:11 PM.


#12 G Lee

G Lee

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 451 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:United States—Iowa
  • Interests:Social Work, audiophilia, Ged's beautiful everything, and of course Rush.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

I have a Facebook as well. There are only a couple others who are RL friends that also dig Rush. My obsession for them is better spent here ;).

#13 jamie

jamie

    The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

  • Members
  • 12162 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Perris,CA
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

I am. I'm in a lot of Rush groups which take up most of my news feed. I don't post in those groups or on my own profile a whole lot but i do comment on group posts. My love for Rush is mostly expressed here and on Tumblr.

#14 sundog

sundog

    Million Dollar Smile

  • Members *
  • 11485 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East of Lyra

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

I'm on FB more than TRF.  I connect with a broad spectrum of friends that are not big Rush fans (can't convince them either) but it's much easier to share photos and events and keep some of my real Rushy Geekdom in the forum where it's better understood.

I was under a pseudonym when I first joined FB, but they frown on that so it's now a combination so my TRF friends that know me as sunny know they've found me.

The ability to keep in touch as much or as little as you want on FB is a grand thing. I try and keep tight filters on my account, but they keep changing things. :doh:

Also - I like to keep up with what's hot in the social media market both for work, and for creeping my kids' online activities.

#15 Principled Man

Principled Man

    Mathematical Porn Star

  • Members *
  • 10292 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Wisconsin
  • Interests:Rush
    The Green Bay Packers
    The Milwaukee Brewers
    Monty Python
    Cincinnati Chili
    Refreshing Beverages
    Golf, bowling, and Blu-ray
    TRAVEL
    Getting Slim & Trim
    And everything astronomical, cosmological, whatever can be measured in light-years.....out there in that Great Big Magnificent Universe!!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

I have a Facebook page, and I use it everyday with no problems.  I have 44 friends.  REAL friends.  Quality >>>> Quantity.   I have ZERO problems.  Thanks to Facebook, I am now in constant touch with all my cousins and friends, who are spread out from North Carolina to Alabama to Illinois to Los Angeles.  :haz:

Edited by Principled Man, 25 January 2015 - 09:40 AM.


#16 BasqueNYC

BasqueNYC

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 99 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manhattan,NYC
  • Interests:Futbol(Soccer),Traveling,shiny things,Reading,Writing,Music,Astronomy,History,Urban Art,Learning New Things,Collecting old new figurines,just hangin out doin DJ sets at NYC bars stuff like that

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

I was on FB years ago but turned it off cause it was really getting to big and got tired of it,only thing I have now is Instagram now

#17 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

Im On Facebook !       I admit.

:hi:

#18 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 79302 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

I'm on Facebook - you can't miss me: I have the pink sparkly kitty pic.

#19 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 771 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 24 January 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hello Jeannie :hi:

I'm not on facebook, I'm too smart for that. :smoke:

Well Duck you and I correspond every day via email so you don't need to be on Facebook! ;)

#20 crimsonfrippy

crimsonfrippy

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 771 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Interests:Music, Football and Cats.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostHuge Ackman, on 24 January 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

View Postcrimsonfrippy, on 24 January 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

I could be friends with you there and not realize we are friends here too!

Also, who scored tickets? I'm going to Bristow, 16th row on Alex's side. Hope I get some glimpses of Neil too!

;)

I have an account but under a pseudonym.  I do not want all the knuckleheads from my past tracking me down, so I hide behind a fake name taken from a 60s sitcom.  Only my family and a few close friends know who I am and that I (infrequently) post there.

On a separate note, CF, did you see King Crimson when they toured last year?  I saw two shows and they were among the most powerful rock shows I've ever attended.  It didn't hurt that they performed lots of work from my favorites (70s) era of the band.  I hope you caught at least one show while they were on the road!  Rock on!  
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yes! Saw them at the Saturday night show in Philadelphia! It was amazing! It really gave me more an appreciation for their 70s material since I didn't start listening to them until I was in high school in 1984. My hubby and I are in the background of one of the DGM videos of them interviewing people after the show-haha!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users