2015 - 05/26 – Atlanta, GA @ Verizon Amphitheater

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They played 2 of my songs ... "The Anarchist" and "Subdivisions" which is my favorite, although They could have skipped Clockwork Angels and Roll The Bones. Ugh

Early Distant Warning was great.

PERFECT show (in my book) Geddy's voice started a bit rough but by song 3 he was in the zone. Hitting notes and holding pitches I didn't think he'd ever hit again. Second set (no spoilers) was very pretty emotional for myself and a few guys around me. Seeing it all together and the way they crafted the show, it was really a tribute to the long time fans who've been there all along. I've only been a fan since 2007 but this band has shapped my life since so much it was a beautiful thing to see and I was thankful to hear those songs played live at least once in my life. Excellent show!

Thanks for a great night Rush

Damn. Jacob's Ladder, Cygnus, and Xanadu. I can die now.

WTF?

Shut up!!! :facepalm:

:dweez: :laughing guy:

Awesome. Alex stole the show. We younger guys are lucky to have seen them perform that older material.

The second half of that show was the best live music you'll ever hear. I am in awe.

WTF?

Oh, sorry. I thought it was OK to post spoilers AFTER the show.

WTF?

Oh, sorry. I thought it was OK to post spoilers AFTER the show.

Well,

I sure hope you didn't do it on purpose. I might as well look at the setlist at this point.

Show started almost 30 minutes late. Traffic sucked ass.

Bought 4 lawn seats 40 minutes before show time on StubHub for $59 total.

It didn't rain a drop during the show, despite the nasty stuff before hand.

They played Setlist A. It kicked all kinds of ass. Seriously, that setlist is fantastic.

Geddy did great. Bass, keys, flying feet were all stellar. Vocals were more impressive than I expected, and better than the last time I saw them on CwA.

Neil was solid and I really like the new old kit. Great fun watching him stand up and playing the tubular bells. None of the drum solos lit my hair on fire, but were fine - that seemed to fit.

Alex had fun, but he definitely is not as sharp as he was. Honestly, if he's battling arthritis like I've heard, he was quite impressive. He bobbled a few times here an there. But, all that said, he was fantastic on

What You're Doing and Working Man

. From what I had seen in other videos, I was expecting those to give him trouble, but he did great.

That is definitely the biggest crowd I have seen for an Atlanta Rush show at Encrore Park.

First time our whole family has been to Rush show - my daughter's first. She loved it.

Again, that setlist is/was phenomenal. No complaints.

Show started almost 30 minutes late. Traffic sucked ass.

Bought 4 lawn seats 40 minutes before show time on StubHub for $59 total.

It didn't rain a drop during the show, despite the nasty stuff before hand.

They played Setlist A. It kicked all kinds of ass. Seriously, that setlist is fantastic.

Geddy did great. Bass, keys, flying feet were all stellar. Vocals were more impressive than I expected, and better than the last time I saw them on CwA.

Neil was solid and I really like the new old kit. Great fun watching him stand up and playing the tubular bells. None of the drum solos lit my hair on fire, but were fine - that seemed to fit.

Alex had fun, but he definitely is not as sharp as he was. Honestly, if he's battling arthritis like I've heard, he was quite impressive. He bobbled a few times here an there. But, all that said, he was fantastic on

What You're Doing and Working Man

. From what I had seen in other videos, I was expecting those to give him trouble, but he did great.

That is definitely the biggest crowd I have seen for an Atlanta Rush show at Encrore Park.

First time our whole family has been to Rush show - my daughter's first. She loved it.

Again, that setlist is/was phenomenal. No complaints.

Google Maps saved my Ass again. I was going through neighborhoods and taking all kinds of side roads.

I reported myself to the admin. I'm sorry.

Its all good. Ive been in spoiler section anyway.

And yes, its probably ok as the thread is designed for those that were at this specific show. Id be curious what 73 has to say about spoilers after show date in the meetups, probably ok?

If I wanted to avoid spoilers, I certainly wouldn't be clicking on a thread that is for a show that just happened. This is not the official spoilers section but it's still a section about live shows so something may slip out if people want to talk about the show they just attended.

If I wanted to avoid spoilers, I certainly wouldn't be clicking on a thread that is for a show that just happened. This is not the official spoilers section but it's still a section about live shows so something may slip out if people want to talk about the show they just attended.

Wrong!!!

Archived