2015 - 05/26 – Atlanta, GA @ Verizon Amphitheater

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I will try my best to make it to Millers. The concert date is unfortunate, though, coming as it does after a 4-day weekend. I can't cut out of work early like I usually do for shows, and my friend who is coming with me is also a coworker.

But - Narp and everyone else I've been hoping to meet - can we prearrange a place to meet during intermission? Maybe by the souvenir stand on Geddy's side of the stage? Just in case I can't make the meetup?

:( ITs fine with me if that is the best we can do. You know how to get a hold of me if you wish. I will be there all afternoon and am spending the night so whatever is necessary to get together I am game... :)

Well, we all know where the after party is now!

Some fun would be nice...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been tracking it - anyone know which setlist to expect?

No spoilers, please. I haven't looked. I asked Narpski about "Subdivisions" and he said, "yes", but I don't want to know any more.

I do but don't want to ruin it for anyone here... :)

No spoilers, please. I haven't looked. I asked Narpski about "Subdivisions" and he said, "yes", but I don't want to know any more.

Well you just let the cat out of the bag with one tune. :P

Is this show scheduled to start at 8? or 730?

My ticket says 8... :)

6 more days... :dweez:

It was cool being able to say "less than a week" for the first time today!

We will be talking if that is ok the day before or the day of or both to solidify the plan. I am going to try to leave early enough to at least get there by 1:00 ish. I want the whole afternoon to just chill and meet and greet etc before the show...

The speed limit drops to 55mph in Augusta, GA. They never enforced it before, but lately they have been. It's only for about 7 miles, so no biggie. 70 mph to Atlanta! BTW, I would fill my tank at Exit 11 in SC, because gas in higher in Georgia.

If you're staying in Norcross, your hotel is likely on GA 141, right after spaghetti junction. This is an extremely dangerous combination of ramps and exits, so be extra cautious.

Thanks brother...

Also, be sure to get to the venue relatively early. Every time I've seen Rush there the traffic going in is a nightmare. Getting out is never a problem though. If I remember right all the traffic bottlenecks into 2 roads leading towards parking.

Narps, hope you have a safe trip there and back. :hug2:

And to all who are going, I hope it is quite an experience. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

We'll all be here rooting for you! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Boy, the forecast looks probable for late evening showers, and the foothills, right there, are prime spot for pop up storms in late spring.

Hopefully, we don't need an umbrella if we're under the canopy, right( row 12)???

I just called Miller's Ale House and the person I talked to wasn't aware of the concert. I told her that there will probably be a few people coming in on show night. I approximated from memory the number of people there last tour and confirmed the date with her. Hopefully they will be ready.

I'll be there with my daughter and 3 other friends. I am more than ready!

I'll hopefully be there with a couple friends from an old Rush cover band. Just checked out the place, looks delicious! Not sure how these meetups work but I hope to bump into a few fellow fans. Can't wait for tomorrow! 24 more hours!!!

Narps, hope you have a safe trip there and back. :hug2:

And to all who are going, I hope it is quite an experience. :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

We'll all be here rooting for you! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Thanks my friend. Hopefully things will go smoothly...

I just called Miller's Ale House and the person I talked to wasn't aware of the concert. I told her that there will probably be a few people coming in on show night. I approximated from memory the number of people there last tour and confirmed the date with her. Hopefully they will be ready.

I'll be there with my daughter and 3 other friends. I am more than ready!

I'll hopefully be there with a couple friends from an old Rush cover band. Just checked out the place, looks delicious! Not sure how these meetups work but I hope to bump into a few fellow fans. Can't wait for tomorrow! 24 more hours!!!

When you see a handsome middle aged dude in a FBN jersey that will be me... :codger:

Narps, what time are you taking off in the morning?

The plan is no later than 7:00 am eastern. Quick shower, throw some things in a bag and water the grass and gone. About a 6 to 7 hour drive apparently... :)

Just got this email today from VIP Nation for the VIP Gold ticket holders:

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Atlanta, May 26, 2015

RUSH VIP GOLD Package Itinerary

2200 Encore Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30009

This information is important – please let everyone in your party (if applicable) know this information as well.

The Basics:

• This package is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Please bring PHOTO ID matching the PURCHASER OR ATTENDEE NAME on your order.
  • Meeting time: 5:30pm-6:00 if you wish to enjoy crowd-free merchandise shopping
  • Meeting time: between 6:30pm and 7:30pm if you wish to arrive just prior to show time
  • Meeting location: VIP Nation check-in table at the East Gate. Look for the VIP Nation signage.

Doors open to the public at 6:30pm. The show begins at 7:30pm.*

The Details:

• Please have your ticket(s) in hand before checking in.
  • Enjoy crowd-free shopping! All your other merchandise will be shipped to you to the address you provided during purchase.
  • Then out to the show!

If you arrive after doors are open you will miss crowd-free shopping.

========================================

This is pretty much the standard message VIP ticket holders have received for previous shows, but notice the show time. It says "7:30pm", but I checked my ticket too and it says "8:00pm".

Also, earlier email a couple days ago from Encore Park said show time is at 8 pm, but it also said the lots do not open until 6 pm.

So, something is screwed up on the times. Obviously, 5:30-6 pm crowd-free shopping time does not work if we cannot even get in the lots until 6 pm.

If it isn't corrected by tomorrow am via a new e-mail, then I will inquire via the VIP coordinator contact cell number and post here what they say.

Finally, I seem to recall on the last tour Encore Park opened the lots at 5 pm. Anyone recall when they opened on the CA tour?

Every time I've come to Encore Park in the past, I've had tix with Parking Pass. Where do you park if you don't have a pass? Are there official lots available, or do you just wing it?

This is the first time since the Power Windows tour that I haven't bought tickets ahead of time for an Atlanta area show. This is nerve wracking! (Still need 4.)

Somebody asked about rain: all but the lawn is under canopy.

Just got this email today from VIP Nation for the VIP Gold ticket holders:

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Atlanta, May 26, 2015

RUSH VIP GOLD Package Itinerary

2200 Encore Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30009

This information is important – please let everyone in your party (if applicable) know this information as well.

The Basics:

• This package is NON-TRANSFERABLE. Please bring PHOTO ID matching the PURCHASER OR ATTENDEE NAME on your order.
  • Meeting time: 5:30pm-6:00 if you wish to enjoy crowd-free merchandise shopping
  • Meeting time: between 6:30pm and 7:30pm if you wish to arrive just prior to show time
  • Meeting location: VIP Nation check-in table at the East Gate. Look for the VIP Nation signage.

Doors open to the public at 6:30pm. The show begins at 7:30pm.*

The Details:

• Please have your ticket(s) in hand before checking in.
  • Enjoy crowd-free shopping! All your other merchandise will be shipped to you to the address you provided during purchase.
  • Then out to the show!

If you arrive after doors are open you will miss crowd-free shopping.

========================================

This is pretty much the standard message VIP ticket holders have received for previous shows, but notice the show time. It says "7:30pm", but I checked my ticket too and it says "8:00pm".

Also, earlier email a couple days ago from Encore Park said show time is at 8 pm, but it also said the lots do not open until 6 pm.

So, something is screwed up on the times. Obviously, 5:30-6 pm crowd-free shopping time does not work if we cannot even get in the lots until 6 pm.

If it isn't corrected by tomorrow am via a new e-mail, then I will inquire via the VIP coordinator contact cell number and post here what they say.

Finally, I seem to recall on the last tour Encore Park opened the lots at 5 pm. Anyone recall when they opened on the CA tour?

That sounds right.. Either most people waited until just before the show to turn up, or we got there early enough for no problems with parking and what I would call "crowd free merchandise shopping. Got the plenty early either way though, must have been before 6 for sure

Every time I've come to Encore Park in the past, I've had tix with Parking Pass. Where do you park if you don't have a pass? Are there official lots available, or do you just wing it?

This is the first time since the Power Windows tour that I haven't bought tickets ahead of time for an Atlanta area show. This is nerve wracking! (Still need 4.)

Somebody asked about rain: all but the lawn is under canopy.

No clue...

I don't have a separate pass so... Maybe parking attendants will scan tickets..?

Did you buy the tickets second hand? Ticketmaster is offering me a "purchase parking" option in the confirmation email, maybe you can buy it separately. Checking for you now but Ticketmaster seems to be down...

Edit: Got through to the site somewhat... turns out there IS a parking pass I need (glad I checked) but it was included free with the ticket cost. Suffering though the TM site now (did Justin Bieber tickets just go on sale??) to see if you can buy one separate. As far as private lots I don't know what's available over there but I'd imagine there's some kind of cash option

From the Encore Park email regarding parking:

Parking lots

Please go only to your assigned lot.

All lots open at 6:00pm.

If you do not have a parking pass

Please park in Lot N.

Archived