2015 - 05/26 – Atlanta, GA @ Verizon Amphitheater

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Narps, what time are you taking off in the morning?

The plan is no later than 7:00 am eastern. Quick shower, throw some things in a bag and water the grass and gone. About a 6 to 7 hour drive apparently... :)

Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the concert! Last time I drove there it was a bit over 8 hours, so take some snacks with you. :)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Narps, what time are you taking off in the morning?

The plan is no later than 7:00 am eastern. Quick shower, throw some things in a bag and water the grass and gone. About a 6 to 7 hour drive apparently... :)

Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the concert! Last time I drove there it was a bit over 8 hours, so take some snacks with you. :)

Thanks and I will... :)

Last time, they were late opening the gates and they didn't check shit. They were trying to get people parked because we were jammed up waiting outside the gates. Don't worry about it.

Ugh. Forecast is for heavy thunderstorms in Alpharetta tonight starting at ... 7 pm! Scattered thunderstorms before that, and thunderstorms lasting through the entire show.

I really hope the lightning holds off. Rain is ok, but lightning will cause delays .... or worse.

Hoping for the best!

Hope it doesn't rain for everyone! Its usually me at Jones beach getting soaked at Rush. Hate outdoor shows!

It is humid as f**k outside, and zero wind. This is a recipe for huge t-storms. Have they ever cancelled before?

I thought only once in Quebec, because it was outside.

:hi: Narps,

You should be arriving any time now. Check in if its possible. :ebert:

:haz: :rush:

If he left at 7am, he won't be there until 2pm with gas stops. Hopefully, he's in Columbia, right after the traffic has died down, if he timed it right! Gotta finish packing!

:hi: Narps,

You should be arriving any time now. Check in if its possible. :ebert:

:haz: :rush:

If he left at 7am, he won't be there until 2pm with gas stops. Hopefully, he's in Columbia, right after the traffic has died down, if he timed it right! Gotta finish packing!

Yeah,

I just got off work and now realized he still has a ways to go. :P

It is humid as f**k outside, and zero wind. This is a recipe for huge t-storms. Have they ever cancelled before?

Yes,

I believe it was the last tour or the one before. Red Rocks and some where in Canada.

GA weather can change on a dime. There was a week last month where they kept showing lots of rain the next day and every day: no rain. They just kept pushing back the prediction and it never came, or if it did it was just a drizzle in the night.

Just got a text back from the VIP host's cell phone number at VIP Nation: ... Said that the lots would be open at 5 pm for VIP Guests.

I may go in early to try to beat the storms inside, at least.

Yes,

I believe it was the last tour or the one before. Red Rocks and some where in Canada.

The promoter has done it before. July 7, 2010 in Chicago. The White Sox played that evening, despite the possibility of storms. And, several people had traveled in from out of town, since the show was billed as "rain or shine." The cancellation resulted in a class action lawsuit being filed against the band, for folks to try to recoup ticket and travel costs.

Just got a text back from the VIP host's cell phone number at VIP Nation: ... Said that the lots would be open at 5 pm for VIP Guests.

I may go in early to try to beat the storms inside, at least.

Did they say anything about the weather?

Archived