2014-15 NHL Season thread

Lucic to the Kings?? Makes it even easier to dislike the Kings.... :laughing guy:

2014 is enough. Could have been 4 of 6.

Yeah, I'm still mad about last year. Seabrook should have made it 3-0 in game 7, and only if that had been Kane with that toe drag in OT...
  • Like 2

Raanta traded to the Rangers. He's hoping to play against the Hawks in the opener. I don't think that's happening. ;) Darling has a chance now to make a mark for himself in the NHL. :madra:
  • Like 1

#CBJ acquire Brandon Saad and two prospects from #Blackhawks for Anisimov, Dano, Morin, Troop and a 4th rd pick in 2016

Saad is a good player, I guess we will see how much of his success was playing alongside Toews and Hossa ... I think he'll do well,but it is a difference being the focus on a line instead of the 3rd guy on the top line

ESPN was saying Saad wanted 6 years at 6.5/year. Given that, good trade. The Toews/Kane contracts will look pretty good in 2 or 3 years (assuming they stay healthy) ... I think either of them could have gotten more elsewhere

I don't have a problem with the trade. Anisimov has some upside to his game and we're going to need someone to show Panarin the ropes when he gets here next season. I always liked Morin's game. He's getting another chance to impress Quenneville. Good luck to Saad in Columbus. He's going to need it. Even Nash couldn't cut it over there.

They got some guys that will help this year. I am starting to think if they can drop Bickell and Versteeg, they might be able to keep Kuiger, Dejardines, and possibly Sharp depending on what else they do. Plus Dano looks real promising.

I had thought they might be better off letting him sign an offer sheet and bring back the picks, but they probably got a more proven haul this way and they were able to make sure Saad went to the Eastern Conference

Saad & Johansen on the same line.. Couldn't be happier GO JACKETS!!! :haz:

And f*ck Nash Cbus better off with out him...

Saad & Johansen on the same line.. Couldn't be happier GO JACKETS!!! :haz:

And f*ck Nash Cbus better off with out him...

You got a good one, that should be a great line. Hawks probably won't see him much in the regular season. GOOD LUCK Saadfather, will miss you :fistbump:

• Like 1

Hawks keep Desjardins for just $1.6 over two years. Good signing, his agent says he took far less to stay in Chicago

Excellent, he was a good pickup. Hope they can resign Kruger and keep that 4th line together with Shaw on the other wing

• Like 2

Hawks keep Desjardins for just $1.6 over two years. Good signing, his agent says he took far less to stay in Chicago

Excellent, he was a good pickup. Hope they can resign Kruger and keep that 4th line together with Shaw on the other wing

At least one guy picked Cup winning over money. Let's hope we can get a veteran D-man before the season starts or by the trading deadline.

Lucic to LaLa Land

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, June 26, that the team has acquired the 13th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, defenseman Colin Miller and goaltender Martin Jones from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Milan Lucic.

This season Miller has appeared in 70 games with the Manchester Monarchs, the Los Angeles Kings’ AHL affiliate. He led all Monarchs’ defensemen with 19 goals and 33 assists for 52 points in the 2014-15 season. In his AHL career, Miller has competed in 135 games, racking up 24 goals and 45 assists for 69 points along with 117 penalty minutes. In 22 AHL postseason games, the 6'1'', 195-pound defenseman has notched two goals and eight assists.

From 2010-2013 Miller played three seasons in the OHL for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds where he totaled 31 goals and 74 assists for 105 points in 174 games played. After the 2012-13 season he was selected to receive the Mickey Renaud Captain's Trophy as the OHL team captain that best exemplifies leadership on and off the ice.

The Sault Ste. Marie, ONT native was drafted by Los Angeles in the fifth round (151st overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

In 2014-15 Jones, 25, played 15 games with the Los Angeles Kings, with a 4-5-2 record, a 2.25 GAA and .906 save percentage, winning three of the four games by shutout with a 154:17 scoreless streak from Nov. 26-Dec. 12. He has a 16-11-2 record, a .923 save percentage, and a 1.99 GAA in 34 career NHL games. He was the first goaltender in NHL history to allow an average of less than one goal per game in the first eight games of his career and with his seventh NHL shutout in his 29th career NHL game, he became the fastest goaltender in modern NHL history (since 1967) to record seven shutouts and the fastest since Boston’s Frank Brimsek earned his seventh in his 22nd career game in January, 1939.

The 6’4”, 189 lb. native of North Vancouver, B.C. was not drafted, signing with the Kings as a free agent on October 2, 2008.

Lucic has played his entire NHL career with the Bruins after being their second pick, 50th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He completed his ninth NHL season in 2014-15, finishing third in the team’s scoring race with 18 goals and 26 assists for 44 points with 81 penalty minutes while tying his career season-high in games played with 81. The 6’3”, 228 lb. native of Vancouver, British Columbia has had three 20+ goal seasons, including a career-best 30 scored in 2010-11, and leaves Boston with totals of 139 goals and 203 assists for 342 points with 772 penalty minutes in 566 career NHL games.

http://bruins.nhl.co...s.htm?id=772398

But BC's Jimmy Hayes is coming home. Now if the Bruins could just pry his little brother Kevin away from the Rangers . . .

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with the trade. Anisimov has some upside to his game and we're going to need someone to show Panarin the ropes when he gets here next season. I always liked Morin's game. He's getting another chance to impress Quenneville. Good luck to Saad in Columbus. He's going to need it. Even Nash couldn't cut it over there.

Your championship photos are ALL AWESOME.....if I haven't said before CONGRATULATIONS to the BLACKHAWKS

• Like 5

At least one guy picked Cup winning over money. Let's hope we can get a veteran D-man before the season starts or by the trading deadline.

Matt Cooke's available.

Oh, you said veteran D-man, not veteran D-bag. :oops:

I have to say I'm glad Hawks won the Cup, mainly because my fellow countryman Kimmo Timonen got to end his career in the best possible way.

Next season will be the season of the Blues then. Woke up this morning to read the news about Tarasenko deal. Looking good.

I have to say I'm glad Hawks won the Cup, mainly because my fellow countryman Kimmo Timonen got to end his career in the best possible way.

Next season will be the season of the Blues then. Woke up this morning to read the news about Tarasenko deal. Looking good.

Yeah, but losing Oshie surely can't look good?
  • Like 1

Well, Brower isn't hopeless replacement for him, and Oshie was a bit of an underachiever in the big games. I think this will turn out ok.

Well, Brower isn't hopeless replacement for him, and Oshie was a bit of an underachiever in the big games. I think this will turn out ok.

I can't think of any time Brouwer overachieved at anything. Even on the Hawks 2010 team he was only a role player, and that's 5 years ago. On the other hand, in Oshie, the Blues had their best hope of cultivating a "Kane-type" player.
  • Like 2

I can't think of any time Brouwer overachieved at anything. Even on the Hawks 2010 team he was only a role player, and that's 5 years ago. On the other hand, in Oshie, the Blues had their best hope of cultivating a "Kane-type" player.

Well, true, but he didn't become one, and I doubt he ever will.

Well, true, but he didn't become one, and I doubt he ever will.

Pete Bondurant? James Ellroy fan?