Create your dream Band

Brucey

What would be your dream band?

Name your favourite Vocalist, Guitarist, Bassist, Drummer etc, to create your dream band.

For me:

Michael Stipe - Vocals

Alex Lifeson - Guitar

Geddy Lee - Bass

Neil Peart - Drums

Rick Wakeman - Keyboards

Jon Anderson -- Vocals

Steve Howe -- Guitar

Geddy Lee -- Bass

Rick Wakeman -- Keys

Neil Peart -- Drums

A sincere question and not meant to be confrontational: you really think Steve Howe is a better guitarist than Alex?

• Like 2

Neil Peart - Drums

Alex Lifeson - Guitars and hilarity

Geddy Lee - Bass, keyboards, vocals

And they would play harder stuff, including epic-length songs.

• Like 4

Vocals Steve Perry

Lead Guitar Michael Schenker

Rhythm Guitar Malcolm Young

Keyboards Rick Wakeman

Bass Chris Squire

Drums Neil Peart

Edited by Narpski

Jon Anderson -- Vocals

Steve Howe -- Guitar

Geddy Lee -- Bass

Rick Wakeman -- Keys

Neil Peart -- Drums

A sincere question and not meant to be confrontational: you really think Steve Howe is a better guitarist than Alex?

Generally speaking, I personally enjoy Steve's playing more than I enjoy Alex's—which is no slight at all to Alex. :) I like Steve's style, and he's come up with a lot of my favorite guitar-based passages.

I can't think of a bass player, guitarist, or drummer who is better to my ear than Geddy, Alex, or Neil. My dream band would be those three, but I would give them a drug that would A.) make them push the envelope more, and show off their talents...and B.) bring Geddy's vocal quality back to what it was in the early 80s.
  • Like 3

I can't think of a bass player, guitarist, or drummer who is better to my ear than Geddy, Alex, or Neil. My dream band would be those three, but I would give them a drug that would A.) make them push the envelope more, and show off their talents...and B.) bring Geddy's vocal quality back to what it was in the early 80s.

Get out of my head ;)

• Like 2

:ph34r:

Vocals - Freddie Mercury

Guitar - Jeff Beck

Guitar - Gary Moore

Bass - Geddy Lee

Keyboards - John Evan

Drums - Terry Bozzio

and Gary, Geddy and Terry can all do backing vocals

• Like 2

When I consider my dream band I honestly have trouble imagining any member from Rush as part of it. I just can't hear them playing with anyone else. In my imagination they only belong together.

I can't even imagine Neil Peart playing with Steve Howe, for example—let alone someone such as Keith Richards!

Vocals Steve Perry

Keyboards Rick Wakeman

Bass Chris Squire

Drums Neil Peart

That just hurts, Narp. OUCH!!

• Like 2

Jon Anderson -- Vocals

Steve Howe -- Guitar

Geddy Lee -- Bass

Rick Wakeman -- Keys

Neil Peart -- Drums

Yes. Undoubtedly.

Alex is a much better person though

• Like 2

Geddy, Alex and Neil. The only part of this that intrigued me is a vocalist. I love Geddy's vocals back in the day but people are throwing out Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry... Steve Perry back in the day or now? If we're going back in the day?

If we're going back in the day?

Geddy, Alex, Neil

If we're talking now?

Geddy, Alex, Neil and on vocals... that kid filling in for Journey or James LaBrie?

Edited by KennyLee

Jon Anderson -- Vocals

Steve Howe -- Guitar

Geddy Lee -- Bass

Rick Wakeman -- Keys

Neil Peart -- Drums

Yes. Undoubtedly.

No doubt. I read a few interviews with Steve Howe a while back and thought he sounded like one arrogant and obnoxious man.

Geddy, Alex and Neil. The only part of this that intrigued me is a vocalist. I love Geddy's vocals back in the day but people are throwing out Freddie Mercury or Steve Perry... Steve Perry back in the day or now? If we're going back in the day?

Geddy, Alex, Neil

If we're talking now?

Geddy, Alex, Neil and on vocals... that kid filling in for Journey or James LaBrie?

My feelings are hurt. :P

• Like 1

Vocals Steve Perry

Keyboards Rick Wakeman

Bass Chris Squire

Drums Neil Peart

That just hurts, Narp. OUCH!!

I knew it would but I just love Malcolm's style.... :LMAO:
  • Like 1

A custom Angra Line-Up:

Eduardo Falaschi - Vocals (as his pipes were in 2002) (Angra, Almah)

Kiko Loureiro - Guitar / Songwriter (Angra)

Rafeal Bittencourt - Guitar / Songwriter (Angra)

Paulo Schroeber - Guitar (RIP :rose: ) (Almah)

Mikko Härkin - Keyboards (Sonata Arcitca, Mehida)

Pit Passarell - Bass / Lyricist (Viper)

Aquiles Priester - Drums (Angra)

This would clearly take the band in a different direction, a more progressive and neoclassical one with more cynical lyrics.

Three guitarists might be a bit excessive at most times, but worth it considering when watching Angra live there's often parts where both Rafeal and Kiko play the lead riff and the rythem guitar is rendered non-existent. Paulo playing as a back up lead as well as writing some solos for the band would do it good.

Was considering Jordan Rudess for keyboardist, but I enjoy Mikko's solos too much:

Jon Anderson -- Vocals

Steve Howe -- Guitar

Geddy Lee -- Bass

Rick Wakeman -- Keys

Neil Peart -- Drums

Yes. Undoubtedly.

No doubt. I read a few interviews with Steve Howe a while back and thought he sounded like one arrogant and obnoxious man.

Yeah, it's a shame really. It seems like all the kindness of Yes was the source of Jon, now with him gone they're simply frauds... Chris Alan and the other guys seem like your average guys, but Steve? A doucher to be sure.

• Like 1

Neil Peart - Drums

Alex Lifeson - Guitars and hilarity

Geddy Lee - Bass, keyboards, vocals

And they would play harder stuff, including epic-length songs.

Okay, say Geddy had issues and could no longer sing... I would bring in Warrel Dane. Sure, it would bring the vocals in a slightly different direction than Rush had in the early days, but Dane has an amazing voice. He's got something like a four-plus octave range so maybe he could even hit the high notes. But he can reach some amazing low tones that can sound so spooky.

Jon Anderson -- Vocals

Steve Howe -- Guitar

Geddy Lee -- Bass

Rick Wakeman -- Keys

Neil Peart -- Drums

Without question! Alex is a great hard rock guitarist, but Howe could be one as well. In every other genre, Howe runs circles around practically every one else.

The idea of Howe, Wakeman, Lee, and Peart in the same band is intoxicating. Especially if they are all in their primes.

• Like 4

Geddy, Alex, Neil

If we're talking now?

I mentioned Steve Perry as vocalist. Yes, back in the day. He had a fuller and more powerful voice than Geddy. But, Geddy can still sing today, and no one knows if Steve can or can't. At least that's what I read.

Cristina Scabbia- Female Vocals

Myles Kennedy- Male Vocals

Geddy Lee- Bass Player

Marco Coti Zelati- Keyboards/Synthesizers

Steve Lukather- Guitar

Mark Tremonti- Guitar

Lindsey Buckingham- Guitar

Neil Peart- Drums

Tuomos Holopainen- Principle Songwriter

Jennifer Lawrence- Just Because