The Android thread

barney_rebel

I recently got an LG Optimus U.. Carrier's U.S. Cellular.

Had a quick question, though, if anyone's got something similar.. My youth director at church had a similar phone, Android-powered and touchscreen and all that, and it froze on her. She said she'd been having problems previously, too, though.

Mine's been great but I've only had it a couple weeks. Has anyone else experienced major problems? I'm a little worried about my fabulous phone going out on me, and I'm wondering if I should get a different phone before the contract gets sealed.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 19 2011, 12:49 AM)

Had a quick question, though, if anyone's got something similar.. My youth director at church had a similar phone, Android-powered and touchscreen and all that, and it froze on her. She said she'd been having problems previously, too, though.

Mine's been great but I've only had it a couple weeks. Has anyone else experienced major problems? I'm a little worried about my fabulous phone going out on me, and I'm wondering if I should get a different phone before the contract gets sealed.

Has she done any updates with the sync software? Mine had a bunch of updates at first, and mine hung a few times when I first got it.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 19 2011, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 19 2011, 12:49 AM)

Has she done any updates with the sync software? Mine had a bunch of updates at first, and mine hung a few times when I first got it.

I'm not sure. That's a decent suggestion though. I'll ask her.. provided she hasn't already gone and gotten a replacement. Pretty sure she'll be moving back to Blackberry though..! She was pretty upset, since almost all of her work stuff was on her phone.

(She works with teenagers all the time. It's a fact they communicate best through texting, so a phone is pretty much vital.)

Anyone here have a Google Nexus S? Or are they out yet?

I want one, bad. I have a Blackberry Storm right now, and while it's a good phone, it has a lot of issues and is rapidly getting left in the dust by not only Android phones and iOS, but by it's own developer, who has seemingly abandoned it.

I want either a Nexus S or a Thunderbolt when they come out.

But realistically, I'll prolly end up with a droid. Anyone have one of these and can recommend it, advise about it?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 5 2010, 03:53 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 5 2010, 12:20 AM)
Samsung Galaxy here............best phone I've ever used.

LG Shine Plus through Smelus.

What cool apps did you install?

not too many yet........

Sound Hound, Music Junk, Sirius Radio App, Flixster, a couple cool weather widgets.....are a few I've loaded lately........

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 22 2010, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 21 2010, 11:35 AM)
I'll be getting an EVO 4G soon, and I can't wait!!

EVO vs. iPhone 4

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

That ruled with authority...

I'm loving this Retro Camera app. Anyone else have trouble with getting the Rush app?

The Retro Camera app is a lot of fun. I have the free version. Is there a paid version, and if so, are the added features worth paying for?

QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 9 2011, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 22 2010, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 21 2010, 11:35 AM)
I'll be getting an EVO 4G soon, and I can't wait!!

EVO vs. iPhone 4

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

That ruled with authority...

I'm loving this Retro Camera app. Anyone else have trouble with getting the Rush app?

The Retro Camera app is a lot of fun. I have the free version. Is there a paid version, and if so, are the added features worth paying for?

I actually gave up on that, started using the fxCamera app, then gave up on that and I'm using PicPlz.

PicPlz rocks so much. There's a place to host your images, and when you take a pic, you can put it in DropBox, Flickr, Tumblr and 4sq.

http://picplz.com/user/rebelxphoto/

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jan 30 2011, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 5 2010, 03:53 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 5 2010, 12:20 AM)
Samsung Galaxy here............best phone I've ever used.

LG Shine Plus through Smelus.

What cool apps did you install?

not too many yet........

Sound Hound, Music Junk, Sirius Radio App, Flixster, a couple cool weather widgets.....are a few I've loaded lately........

I love the Flixster app. Check out the TV Show app too, if you're into TV Shows.

I actually like Shazam better than SoundHound for the simple fact that the Facebook posts are much nicer. Once SoundHound fixes that, I'll switch.

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jan 23 2011, 08:11 PM)

I want one, bad. I have a Blackberry Storm right now, and while it's a good phone, it has a lot of issues and is rapidly getting left in the dust by not only Android phones and iOS, but by it's own developer, who has seemingly abandoned it.

But realistically, I'll prolly end up with a droid. Anyone have one of these and can recommend it, advise about it?

Isn't the Nexus S going to feature Gingerbread as the installed OS?

If you have the chance, get an HTC Android phone. Either the Droid Incredible, the EVO 4G, or the EVO 4G Shift.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 9 2011, 09:45 AM)

If you have the chance, get an HTC Android phone. Either the Droid Incredible, the EVO 4G, or the EVO 4G Shift.

Or, if you are on Verizon, wait for the HTC Thunderbolt.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Feb 11 2011, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 11 2011, 12:38 PM)
I thought this thread was titled "The Android Threat"!

Welcome to 2029

It is called that if you work for the people that make the Blackberry.

You mean people still buy those things with they keyboard buttons that make it impossible to press a single button at a time?

QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 9 2011, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 9 2011, 09:45 AM)

Or, if you are on Verizon, wait for the HTC Thunderbolt.

what about the incredible? will thunderbolt be bigger? i like small profile of incredible...

QUOTE (the oaks @ Feb 9 2011, 08:45 AM)

I love HTC's hardware, but everything they have is still running Android 2.2 and has their in-house software stretched over it.

That's one of the reasons I want a Nexus S: It has no other software on it; pure Android all the way.

There are rumors that the Galaxy S2 will be pure as well, so that's one to watch as well.