Setlist hopes and dreams

QUOTE (Bustersit @ Apr 8 2010, 02:07 PM)
Vital Signs

As it's part of MP, then yes, it seems they will indeed play it. Given MP is what, 40 min long??... means that's only 140 minutes (out of a 180min show) for other stuff.

Also they plan on playing the six new songs (at say 30ish min), the playlist for other stuff gets whittled down further to about 110 minutes left. Divide by five minutes (average song length) that's 20ish songs, allowing for time for applause, intro, etc.

That said, I would love to hear some stuff from Farwell to Kings, Hemispheres, Fly by Night. Would love to hear The Pass, and maybe some tracks from S & A that didn't make the cut last tour.

One request though.... BATTLESCAR!!!!! woooo

Edited by Atomic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 7 2010, 02:31 PM)
My one suggestion...drop Tom Sawyer.....please...

I'll never happen but throw a new twist to it....something crazy like play it unplugged!

These are the best tours cause after playing MP they can play whatever they want and most will be pleased with it being in the summer.

I love it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Atomic @ Apr 8 2010, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (Bustersit @ Apr 8 2010, 02:07 PM)
Vital Signs

As it's part of MP, then yes, it seems they will indeed play it. Given MP is what, 40 min long??... means that's only 140 minutes (out of a 180min show) for other stuff.

Given also they plan on playing the six new songs (at say 30ish min), the playlist for other stuff gets whittled down further to about 110 minutes left. Divide by five minutes (average song length) that's 20ish songs, allowing for time for applause, intro, etc.

Given all that, would love to hear some stuff from Farwell to Kings, Hemispheres, Fly by Night. Would love to hear The Pass, and maybe some tracks from S & A that didn't make the cut last tour.

One request though.... BATTLESCAR!!!!! woooo

They won't be playing anything close to 6 new songs live. Figure 2.

Stage time for Rush (excluding intermission & videos) is usually about 2 1/2 hours in the 3-hour format. Figure a 27-28 song setlist. 7 songs from Moving Pictures, 2 new songs, a drum solo - guess away at the remaining 17-18 spots...

"The Camera Eye" and "Vital Signs" are nice.

I still want to hear "Jacob's Ladder" and "Marathon".

"The Analog Kid" would be nice.

And "Driven".

Edited by ReRushed

I still want to hear "Jacob's Ladder" and "Marathon".

If I could pick any two songs, those would be the two. I haven't seen JL as I was only 12 during the Permanent Waves tour but I saw Marathon on the Hold Your Fire and Presto tours and it was awe-inspiring. Before the last tour Circumstances, Entre Nous, Witch Hunt, and Mission were all songs that would have been near the top of my wishlist even though I had seen Mission several times on the HYF and Presto tours. It's hard for me to complain, some people will never be happy but I think they do a great job with their setlists. They can't play everything but if they could some would still complain that the show dragged because it was too long. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 04:23 PM)
i want to hear something for nothing, lessons, and farewell to kings.
i realize the chances of them playing any of the 3 is slim because of geddy not being able to hit the high notes. i would be pleasantly surprised if they played just 1 of those 3.

"A Farewell to Kings" would be sweet.

Why they never played the Weapon more is beyond me, that song absolutely rocked on the GUP tour video. If they wanted to bring it back this tour, I would be in heaven 1022.gif Edited by Apollo

QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 8 2010, 04:25 PM)
Why they never played the Weapon more is beyond me, that song absolutely rocked on the GUP tour video. If they wanted to bring it back this tour, I would be in heaven 1022.gif

"The Weapon" would be sweet.

QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 8 2010, 03:25 PM)
Why they never played the Weapon more is beyond me, that song absolutely rocked on the GUP tour video. If they wanted to bring it back this tour, I would be in heaven 1022.gif

i will be wearing my 3-d glasses for that one of they play it. cool.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Apr 8 2010, 02:17 AM)
Sorry, but they should NEVER drop Tom Sawyer (or Limelight). Anything else is fair game, IMO.

They seriously need to drop:
Dreamline
Between The Wheels (replace with The Enemy Within)
Everything From Snakes & Arrows except Far Cry, Armor & Sword, and The Main Monkey Businesss--they wore the crowd out with that album for both legs of S&A

The definitely DON'T need to bring back:
Red Sector A
Force Ten
Bravado
Driven
Summer Time Blues
Animate

Agreed on Between The Wheels. I used to love that song from 99' to just last year and now I've seriously soured on it.

Also drop:

Ghost of A Chance - But it'll probably stay.

All of the S&A songs except Malnar and Far Cry, but they'll be more of course.

Other tracks to keep retired, PLEASE:

Bravado

Roll the Bones

Time Stand Still

The Analog Kid

Marathon

Manhattan Project

Middletown Dreams

Kid Gloves

War Paint

I could go on, but these are the main songs that get under my skin as of now.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 8 2010, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (Apollo @ Apr 8 2010, 03:25 PM)
Why they never played the Weapon more is beyond me, that song absolutely rocked on the GUP tour video.  If they wanted to bring it back this tour, I would be in heaven  1022.gif

i will be wearing my 3-d glasses for that one of they play it. cool.gif

Ooooooooh.... that would be scary, wouldn't it kids? brrrrrrrr

I'd really like to see them play The Way It Is.