Is your hair naturally curly?

Do you plan on keeping the curls?

Cause you could always get it straightened

and have longer layers put in it.

I just thought I'd try to stay on topic. wink.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long hair takes work and I admit, I don't love having mine long all the time, but it's not a big deal to put it in a ponytail when it's being a pain.

At least then, when you want to look your best, you just take the time and do what it takes to make it look awesome. If that means curling irons, blow dryers, straighteners, curlers, WHATEVER... it's still long and you can still do it. When you want to be drop dead sexy for your man and your hair is SHORT... there's not a lot you can do.

If I wanted to be with someone with short hair... i'd be gay. It don't work on women is all i'm saying. Even Halle Berry don't cut it. Sorry.

Edie, ask your friends what they thought looked BETTER. You're asking if it looks good on you right? Of course they'll say yes. I'm NOT saying you don't look good with it short, i'm saying you'll look BETTER with it long.

Please don't take this as any kind of insult on any of you. You could all make short hair work. I think LadiRushFan is a wonderfully gorgeous woman and she pulls off short hair fine. I just think she's even MORE gorgeous when it's long. I would use CeeJ as an example, but I've never seen her with short hair and I never WANT to. no.gif

Back on topic. Grapes... try a chemical straightening. Your hair is definitely thick and your curls seem to be kinda tight. A looser curl would look awesome. I don't think a straightening would work 100 percent, but it would definitely loosen them up a bit. With some serious, slow blowdrying, you can make it look really awesome.

it looks pretty cool when straightened. looks more red. i gonna have a straighten, and maybe some layers... make it fal lnicely... it's pretty uneven now because i had a bit of... trouble...awhile back.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 3 2008, 04:36 AM)
I wore mine loooong for many years, it was only in the past few years that it's finally off my shoulders. Now, it's even shorter than that and much easier to care for.

Totally agreed. Mine was super easy to take care of when it was a flat top and all i had to do was run a gob of gel through it and spike it up. But all i have to do is look at pics then and now and I can tell what looks better on me.

Short hair on guys is a different matter though, but even some guys are better off with long hair. Why do you think Fabio has never cut it. He won't even be seen with it in a ponytail. He KNOWS. laugh.gif

But women... i just don't think the attraction is as high when a woman cuts her hair short. And by short, i mean guy hair short.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 3 2008, 09:25 AM)

But women... i just don't think the attraction is as high when a woman cuts her hair short. And by short, i mean guy hair short.

That's funny because OTHER THAN GEDDY, I feel this way about guys w/ long hair. Sorry to disappoint wink.gif

Short hair on guys is a different matter though, but even some guys are better off with long hair. Why do you think Fabio has never cut it. He won't even be seen with it in a ponytail. He KNOWS.

Long hair on guys is hard to pull off I think. I love Geddy's hair. It's thick and wavy and sexy which looks good. But not every guy has a head of hair like this. But if they do sport long hair, it's imperative they keep it out. Don't be sensitive ponytail man.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 4 2008, 09:53 AM)
Short hair on guys is a different matter though, but even some guys are better off with long hair.  Why do you think Fabio has never cut it.  He won't even be seen with it in a ponytail.  He KNOWS.

Long hair on guys is hard to pull off I think. I love Geddy's hair. It's thick and wavy and sexy which looks good. But not every guy has a head of hair like this. But if they do sport long hair, it's imperative they keep it out. Don't be sensitive ponytail man.

yes.gif

Long hair doesn't suit MOST men, IMO. The ones that make it work? drool1.gif

But I drool1.gif just as much over guys who make short hair work. biggrin.gif It all depends.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 4 2008, 05:14 PM)
Short hair on guys is a different matter though, but even some guys are better off with long hair.  Why do you think Fabio has never cut it.  He won't even be seen with it in a ponytail.  He KNOWS.

yes.gif

But I drool1.gif just as much over guys who make short hair work. biggrin.gif It all depends.

goodpost.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 6 2008, 03:28 PM)
I wish I could post a comparison thing like...

Short Hair -

Long Hair -

Sadly I don't have any decent pictures of me from back in the day, so there goes that idea. sad.gif

I have pictures of me 2 years ago with short hair and trust me long hair is definitely the way to go.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 4 2008, 12:14 PM)

yes.gif

Ahhh.... so that's why you didn't KILL me when I bumped you off the steps. You were drool1.gif over me and my long hair eh? It couldn't POSSIBLY have been Geds with that MULL... oooops. He doesn't like it being called that, but you know what I mean.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 20 2008, 07:29 PM)

yes.gif

Ahhh.... so that's why you didn't KILL me when I bumped you off the steps. You were drool1.gif over me and my long hair eh? It couldn't POSSIBLY have been Geds with that MULL... oooops. He doesn't like it being called that, but you know what I mean.

z7shysterical.gif

It's twue. yes.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 20 2008, 08:29 PM)

yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif

We prefer to call it "flexible hair"

Business in the front,

Party in the back.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/bigcountry2k1/mullet.gif

Grapes,

Don't listen to some of these folks...especially that big ape from Pennsylvania. tongue.gif

The fact is that there are no facts when it comes to preference. That's why it's 'preference'. Making the most of one's hair length depends on the shape of one's face imho. 'Women look better with long hair'....hmm, can't say. I need to see their face first.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Feb 21 2008, 01:11 AM)

Short Hair -

Long Hair -

Sadly I don't have any decent pictures of me from back in the day, so there goes that idea. sad.gif

I have pictures of me 2 years ago with short hair and trust me long hair is definitely the way to go.

You should post 'em up, would be interesting to say. But yeah agreed on the long hair being the best.

A guy on Metal Sludge a while back did a comparison thing. I think he was from Greece. First he took a picture of himself in the middle of the road on his street on his way to the hair dressers and on his way back with his long hair completely gone he stood in the same position, Looked well cool! Shame I'll never get to do it because I'm never gettin' short hair again! It'll have to fall out! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Feb 21 2008, 12:39 AM)
The best part of a woman in short hair is that it allows easier access to her ears and neck. wink.gif

That's an interesting point.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 21 2008, 01:36 PM)

Short Hair -

Long Hair -

You should post 'em up, would be interesting to say. But yeah agreed on the long hair being the best.

A guy on Metal Sludge a while back did a comparison thing. I think he was from Greece. First he took a picture of himself in the middle of the road on his street on his way to the hair dressers and on his way back with his long hair completely gone he stood in the same position, Looked well cool! Shame I'll never get to do it because I'm never gettin' short hair again! It'll have to fall out! laugh.gif

So are you keeping your hair the length that it is, or is it going to get longer?

I used to have a long mane of hair back in the day. At the time I thought I looked the bees knees.

Unfortunately, looking back at the old photographs, I realise I didn't.

I couldn't be arsed with it nowadays.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Feb 21 2008, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 21 2008, 01:36 PM)

Short Hair -

Long Hair -

So are you keeping your hair the length that it is, or is it going to get longer?

I was actually talking about this on another haircut thread somewhere else on the forum... I'm losing track this is confusing. laugh.gif

Anyway I could do with a little longer, although it's fine as it is now. If I decide to go a bit longer I'll have to get it thinned out as it starts to look stupid if it's too thick. We'll see...

Archived