Would you like to see a reissue of Archives?

sfuentes

Would you like to see a reissue of Archives?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a reissue of Archives?

• Yes
    • No

I can't reallly see the point of Archives being re-issued.

Archives was originally released as a convenient way for non-US/Canadian fans to catch up on the band's back catalogue as the three albums hadn't been given an official release at the time.

Its likely that the majority of people have already got the individual releases seperately so I can't see that there is much of a demand for it.

I'm with Slaine on this - in the past few years we've had the two retrospectives and the Spirit of Radio compilation, and I see the Chronicles set is being reissued on CD as well.

Personally. I won't be getting them, as I now have all the albums on CD. Unless of course there's some previously unreleased stuff packaged with it, which is highly unlikely.

I say bring on the DVDs - then the credit card comes out faster than you can say "We're gonna take a short break for some brain surgery".

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 31 2004, 07:04 AM)

Archives was originally released as a convenient way for non-US/Canadian fans to catch up on the band's back catalogue as the three albums hadn't been given an official release at the time.

Its likely that the majority of people have already got the individual releases seperately so I can't see that there is much of a demand for it.

I agree!

Sorry man - it looks like you don't have much support. And you're not gonna get any from me, either. laugh.gif

I don't see the need, I guess. confused13.gif

According to Contents Under Pressure, the reason they released Archives was to give Caress of Steel a second life, because they still believed in that record at the time. Considering how they feel about that record now, I think a rerelease is highly unlikely.

What's the point of that? I have the first three albums on CD. I also have Archives on vinyl, it was given to me as a Christmas present by my dad's fiance. She got it when she was young. Even if I didn't have that, then like I said before: what's the point?

I don't want to see it.

What's the point?...besides it would make my vinyl copy less desirable.

why confused13.gif don't you have these songs enough already?

no.gif

I bought Archives once... only because I was new to Rush at the time, and did not know it was a compilation of previously released albums...

If you got the first three albums, you are good to go.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jan 3 2009, 10:43 PM)
What's with all the bumper.gif ing lately?

No doubt!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 31 2004, 07:04 AM)

I agree. What's the point?

But I will say that I had Archives on vinyl (grey cover). It was the way I was gifted with the first three albums. It was actually several years before I ever saw the photographs inside Caress of Steel, because I didn't own it; I owned Archives.

Archived