I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

Just in case I haven't already, Heavy Metal (the animated "SCTV in space" thing from the 80s) was AWFUL.

It's not that I don't "get it"

It's not that I was born in the wrong time

It's not that I lack discernment

it was a BAD movie

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Slime @ Jun 23 2008, 11:37 PM)
Just in case I haven't already, Heavy Metal (the animated "SCTV in space" thing from the 80s) was AWFUL.

It's not that I don't "get it"
It's not that I was born in the wrong time
It's not that I lack discernment

it was a BAD movie

Deja vu. Actually, no. You just love to rip that movie more than I can count. And my kindergarten teacher taught me how to count to 20 laugh.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 9 2007, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 5 2007, 03:32 PM)

Dodgeball 062802puke_prv.gif

I really expected Dodgeball to be a great movie. I saw it for the first time just this year and I knew all the hype. While it wasn't awful, it's nothing I want to buy and watch more than once..

Hmm, tricky - on the one hand you have the Best Ever Sports Legend Cameo with Lance Armstrong's appearance (I thought it was funny anyway), but on the other hand the Punchline to the Whole Movie is "I'm bisexual!!" - lame-o-rama.

All movies based on video games.

Moronic "action stars" ( eyesre4.gif ) such as Van Damme, Seagal etc.

Michael Bay movies

All movies where CGI special effects are the "star" and movies have atrocious acting and zero plot (Too numerous to list) ....Come to think of it this can be filed under Michael Bay as well as those idiots who made Independence Day, Godzilla, Day After Tomorrow, 10000 BC, etc)

Jackie Chan movies (pretty much all martial arts movies with the exception of the master Bruce Lee)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 23 2008, 12:38 PM)
Jackie Chan movies  (pretty much all martial arts movies with the exception of the master Bruce Lee)

What about 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'? Or 'House of Flying Daggers' or 'Hero'?

I you haven't seen them, check them out.

Edit: Don't waste your time with 'Curse of the Golden Flower', though. That one sucked canal water.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 23 2008, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 23 2008, 12:38 PM)
Jackie Chan movies  (pretty much all martial arts movies with the exception of the master Bruce Lee)

What about 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'? Or 'House of Flying Daggers' or 'Hero'?

I you haven't seen them, check them out.

Edit: Don't waste your time with 'Curse of the Golden Flower', though. That one sucked canal water.

I have seen Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and it was ok I guess.

I just find most martial arts movies are just choreographed expeditions rather than a true movie in the sense of story and plot. Especially Jackie Chan.

All 5 of my brothers arew major martial art movie geeks so I grew up watching them and after awhile it's pretty much the same laugh.gif

QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Jun 23 2008, 02:22 PM)
Roger Moore was the best James Bond!! angry.gif banghead.gif

biggrin.gif

PFFFT.

I don't want to see a cheesy-old man cracking off terrible jokes and partaking in action scenes that are about as action-packed as grass growing. I'll go to my grandad for that. The Spy Who Loved Me and Live And Let Die were good though.

Daniel Craig is the man.

Even though it hasn't been released yet, I think I'll go ahead and pre-hate 'Disaster Movie'. Who's with me?

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 24 2008, 09:06 AM)
Roger Moore was the best James Bond!! angry.gif  banghead.gif

biggrin.gif

PFFFT.

I don't want to see a cheesy-old man cracking off terrible jokes and partaking in action scenes that are about as action-packed as grass growing. I'll go to my grandad for that. The Spy Who Loved Me and Live And Let Die were good though.

Daniel Craig is the man.

yes.gif Daniel Craig kicks ass as Bond!

And to stay on track...I couldn't stand any of the bond films with the clown that followed Roger Moore.

Edited to add...I think his name was Timothy Daulton.

Edited by ILSnwdog

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 24 2008, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jun 24 2008, 09:06 AM)
Roger Moore was the best James Bond!! angry.gif  banghead.gif

biggrin.gif

PFFFT.

Daniel Craig is the man.

yes.gif Daniel Craig kicks ass as Bond!

And to stay on track...I couldn't stand any of the bond films with the clown that followed Roger Moore.

Edited to add...I think his name was Timothy Daulton.

Daniel Craig doesn't act like a Bond, he'd fit in better in a Die Hard type movie. Roger Moore just fit the part almost perfectly wink.gif

Edited by nic2112nic