WORST Rush song EVER

GGOAT!!!

Do you LIKE Neil's more recent lyrics?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you LIKE Neil's more recent lyrics?

• 1)Metaphors using *like & *as show his intelligence
    • 2)Word plays & cliche\'d sayings dont get old
    • 3)They are ok, but some are cheezy and preachy
    • 4)They are heavy handed and self-important/liberal
    • 5)They sound like they were written by a 6th grader
    • 6)They are contrived & unintelligent & silly
    • 7)I hate them with a passion
    • 8)Plain stupid & read like someone trying 2 act smart

Let's just make it easy. All of CoS.

:no: :no: :no: :no:

How do you figure?

As I see it, whether you consider the album a hit or a miss, overall...even if I didn't like the album, I'd still say it was an incredibly ambitious album for a group of 22-year olds to make.

Ambition does not always result in success. :)

It just didn't land as the concept album they were shooting for.

However, they did get better at it in subsequent attempts. :D

I totally agree about ambition not always leading to success...I agree with the rest of your post, here. I just didn't think that necessarily translates into the whole album being comprised of the worst Rush songs ever. (Does it? Ah, well...entirely subjective).

Go ahead, though...keep sending your signal 'round the world. :)

:LOL:

Well, to be fair, I def think TFE tracks are worse than CoS tracks. :)

Ooooh....doubling down on wrong. Again.

I'll let you know when you rank, kid.

TFE sucks. We all know it. VT isn't much better. And CoS was too wacky for its time.

I think I've disagreed with every single post in this thread so far. I'm a HUGE fan of newer Rush, and not so much the older stuff. TheCaskof43, could you not just have said "I hate everything they made after Signals" and spared us the list of almost every song they've made since then?

For me, my list is rather short:

Chemistry, because it's just... wow. Neil's worst lyrics bar none.

Hemispheres, because it's really kinda cheesy. Probably the Rush song I've listened to the least. I like Neil's more recent musings on morality when he tackles it head on, instead of via obscure Greek mythology.

And I'm tempted to say The Camera Eye, but I suppose it belongs more in the "unbelievably overrated" category instead of the "lame" category.

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to the entire HYF album, just because of how much the production on it sucks ASS. If it weren't for Force Ten, Time Stand Still and Lock and Key I'd probably never listen to it again.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: because one is not enough. Also, I'm amazed that you're a fan of newer RUSH and you say that the production on HYF sucks. I don't hear anything wrong with the way HYF was produced but Vapor Trails and Clockwork Angels are clearly albums where the production is horrible.

Edit : Holy crap, I just realized I replied to a post from 2006 and Clockwork Angels wasn't even a thing back then :LOL:

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

Rush songs I hate?

Erm...

By Tor

Far Cry

Stick It Out

Most of CP, FBN and SA blurs into a horrible mush. But CP has individual tracks I like in isolation.

Dog Years and Virtuality from TFE are absolutely horrible. I've heard better Pearl Jam songs. Every other Rush song (including the ones you guys have listed) is sublime in its own way.

The whole Counterparts album was amazing. Vapor Trails is amazing once you get your stereo set to negate that God-awful background rumble. Ditto CWA.

I swear, reading through this whole thread, an outsider would think Rush never even MADE a good song!

Rush are the only band where I never skip album tracks. There are no truly bad Rush songs. I would rather listen to the 'worst' of Rush on constant loop than 99.998% of chart music. CoS and TFE are my least favourite albums but they are stone cold, nailed on masterpieces compared to most bands' output...

:ebert: For Woody Allen!

"Between the Wheels" comes up as a hated track?

You people are just wierd.

For me, it's the intro synths that I find incredibly off-putting. Once I get beyond that, I think the song is ok, though highly over-rated.

• Like 1

"Between the Wheels" comes up as a hated track?

You people are just wierd.

I agree. Best song on the album for me.

And me!

I'm on the same boat! My dad and I have an ongoing joke, about "how do you play the intro to Between The Wheels?", where we proceed to reach for the nearest keyboard and lay as many keys as possible in jumble....

Between The Wheels is one of the best songs Rush ever wrote.

It also happens to be my second least favourite song on the album.

Any guesses how much I love this album?

• Like 1

Between The Wheels is one of the best songs Rush ever wrote.

It also happens to be my second least favourite song on the album.

Any guesses how much I love this album?

I saw you list this song in the 'songs you loathe' thread, and I was very surprised.

But with your post here, I rather understand that these things are all relative.

:cool: