The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Crawford ends up in New Jersey. At least he didn't go to Colorado or Vancouver.

I think Bowman is trying to destroy the Hawks, this makes absolutely no sense. Crawford didn't deserve to be treated so rudely, I wish he had gone to the Avs then it would come back to bite him. Bowman needs to go :16ton:

I think Bowman is trying to destroy the Hawks, this makes absolutely no sense. Crawford didn't deserve to be treated so rudely, I wish he had gone to the Avs then it would come back to bite him. Bowman needs to go :16ton:

They're talking about rebuilding and yet the Hawks' two superstars are only 32. This is telling Toews and Kane "you're done with winning Cups." And our starting goaltender is going to make $850.000 a year. With the defense we've got, I see us finishing dead last in the NHL next season.
  • Like 1

They're talking about rebuilding and yet the Hawks' two superstars are only 32. This is telling Toews and Kane "you're done with winning Cups." And our starting goaltender is going to make $850.000 a year. With the defense we've got, I see us finishing dead last in the NHL next season.

Your comments, please, on Brandon Saad to the Avs.
  • Like 1

Your comments, please, on Brandon Saad to the Avs.

This I don't mind. We need more help on defense than at forwards. Zadorov for Saad is a step in the right direction.
  • Like 2

Janmark signs with the Hawks. Is Toews still going to be shocked by the direction the team has taken? I would say so. :sigh:

Now Wallmark joins the Hawks. I hope they're not going to play on the same line or Foley will be in trouble. :blah:
  • Like 1

If they expect the fan base to come back once it is safe, they are probably going to be in for a shock. There really is no reason for this, Bowman is just oblivious to his past mistakes and just compounding them. Trading away good defense, a prime player in Panarin , letting Lehner go when he knew he was going to betray Crawford (IMHO). Even left Caggulia and Koekoek out to dry. :wtf: Don't get why Dallas let Janmark go after he played so good in the finals. This is a weird situation all around. So many of the trades the last few days are head scratchers so I guess it is penny pinching or just throw a dart at the wall and pick a name to trade. :smash:

I will be keeping my eye on Saad and watching to see how Lehner does for Vegas. I love Toews and Kane but they better watch their back, it is going to be hard for them to get motivated to play when management shows they don't give a damn about them. Really sucks.

If they expect the fan base to come back once it is safe, they are probably going to be in for a shock. There really is no reason for this, Bowman is just oblivious to his past mistakes and just compounding them. Trading away good defense, a prime player in Panarin , letting Lehner go when he knew he was going to betray Crawford (IMHO). Even left Caggulia and Koekoek out to dry. :wtf: Don't get why Dallas let Janmark go after he played so good in the finals. This is a weird situation all around. So many of the trades the last few days are head scratchers so I guess it is penny pinching or just throw a dart at the wall and pick a name to trade. :smash:

I will be keeping my eye on Saad and watching to see how Lehner does for Vegas. I love Toews and Kane but they better watch their back, it is going to be hard for them to get motivated to play when management shows they don't give a damn about them. Really sucks.

...and this is Scotty's kid that's doing all this shit?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Looks like Tyler Johnson definitely up on the trading block & possible Killer Killorn (& more than likely others too)... Sad to see them go... :(

Sounds like the Hawks in 2010. ;)
  • Like 1

He had a long and prestigious run, but it's time. Though, to be fair, the pandemic made it tough -- broadcasting an NHL game from home while looking at a monitor is really tricky for a play-by-play guy, even one as skilled as Doc. It's a shame his last year was under those circumstances.

My own opinion, his style of play calling could be a little annoying, and it got a little moreso as he got older and his voice wasn't as strong as it used to be. But still, guy's a HOFer.

• Like 3

End of an era, I loved him even when he was annoying. I enjoyed the jerseys he put up during the playoffs this year, homage to his beginnings in the minors. I plan on buying his book. He's going to donate the proceeds to an animal rescue he supports. A real gentleman, I will miss him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGpNspdZB4

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Colliton insists the veterans should help in the re-building stage. He claims it will benefit them in the future. Yeah, especially Keith and Seabrook. :P

Great way to ambush the guys, now of course they are going to say we will work hard for the team. After Toews said he was caught off guard by the changes then they post some rah rah comment by the Coach. It really makes me angry and sad, this has been handled in such a ham handed way. Only time will tell if the top 4 are willing to give their all to a team who isn't very trustworthy, IMHO. :16ton:

Colliton insists the veterans should help in the re-building stage. He claims it will benefit them in the future. Yeah, especially Keith and Seabrook. :P

Great way to ambush the guys, now of course they are going to say we will work hard for the team. After Toews said he was caught off guard by the changes then they post some rah rah comment by the Coach. It really makes me angry and sad, this has been handled in such a ham handed way. Only time will tell if the top 4 are willing to give their all to a team who isn't very trustworthy, IMHO. :16ton:

I expect Toews and Kane to leave Chicago after their contracts are done. Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Like 1

Blackhawks hired U.S. women's national team captain Kendall Coyne Schofield as a player development coach and promoted Meghan Hunter, previously general manager Stan Bowman's executive assistant, to director of hockey administration and amateur scout, the team announced on Monday :D :ebert:
  • Like 1