The R40 Tour: Was Geddy the only member that was happy?

43 replies to this topic

#41 Rhyta

Rhyta

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

View Postedhunter, on 27 January 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostRhyta, on 29 December 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

View PostThree Eyes, on 28 July 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

I definitely noticed a more serious, less jovial Alex when I saw them do their last show in LA on 8/1/15. I guess you could also float the theory that he was angry it was the last tour and he wasn't ready to end it but that doesn't hold much water.
I think he was upset because he was in pain a lot from his hands (i thought it was psoriatic arthritis which has lesions that get painful. Imagine having those on your fingers and trying to play :scared:)  It was just a difficult time for them since they knew it was their swan song.  Geddy did seem in a lighter mood than the others so I agree with you there.  Wasn't there some banter about this aspect in the Time Stand Still movie?  I seem to remember it.

Oops, missed a couple of posts, someone else addressed this.  :blush:

I have psoriatic arthritis. It's not the lesions that are painful. I'm assuming Alex is on Humira or Embril or whatever other top-quality meds are out there. The lesions go away really quickly on those meds. But the joint damage if there is any, is permanent, and can make playing a guitar very difficult. My left index and ring finger are permanently bent at the top knuckle. With my smaller hands, it makes playing certain songs on bass impossible. I can only imagine how difficult guitar chords would be.

Yes, that's what I have heard, I have psorasis on my feet and palms of my hands and it can be a pain.  My insurance doesn't want to pay for the fancy drugs but I am doing better now I am retired.  Stress really makes it flare up and I am not struggling with it as much now which is nice.

Sponsored Post

#42 Rhyta

Rhyta

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:16 AM

View PostPound of Obscure, on 16 December 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 23 August 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Replace Neil and move on. Rush is Geddy and Alex. The other guy was just there.
He was the new guy. They can get another new guy.

No, just No.  Geddy said there will be no Rush without the 3 of them.  Geddy and Alex may make albums again some day but not as Rush.  Period.

#43 Pound of Obscure

Pound of Obscure

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1706 posts
  • Interests:Drums, basketball, P90X/Insanity

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:29 AM

View PostRhyta, on 16 April 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

No, just No.  Geddy said there will be no Rush without the 3 of them.  Geddy and Alex may make albums again some day but not as Rush.  Period.
I agree. It was mostly a joke about Neil being the new guy.

#44 Rhyta

Rhyta

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:24 AM

View PostPound of Obscure, on 16 April 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostRhyta, on 16 April 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

I agree. It was mostly a joke about Neil being the new guy.
Sorry, just a little touchy.  I had just watched an interview with Geddy and it had me feeling really sad knowing at the time he gave the interview he probably knew about Neil's condition.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users