Judas Priest
    Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:42 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 12 September 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

View PostRhyta, on 11 September 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

I found a CD of the Best of U2 1980-1990 at the thrift store, got up to the checkout and turned the package over and there was a cd of Signals!!!  I don't have that one on CD (did a digital download of it years ago) so this was so cool!  :lol: :clap: :yay:  I'm trying to get a bunch of songs to put on my ipod, my first one died and I didn't have all the songs backed up  :P :gumby: .
That really made my day :yes:

Rented Signals at a library when I got into :rush: a decade ago.  Got that u2 a year after it came out when I had just started college and got into older alt rock and new wave.

I own both those U2 best ofs but have yet to play them. When I am in a U2 mood they will be perfect!

As for Signals, so glad I replayed it recently! So much better than I remembered.

Sponsored Post

#22 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 11 September 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 11 September 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

View Postcanadianice, on 11 September 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 09 September 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

I've got a couple of new albums but it's a secret...
  Why?

Because it builds mystery and suspense. It will get people coming back to the thread to see what they are.
Aye... :smoke:

Because they want to read me telling the stupid DUCK to shove it up his...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, Driving, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, building plastic models [Of almost all kinds], having fun,Talking with friends!

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

Today, I received Greatful Dead, "Anthem of The Sun", my first Grateful dead album, Iggy Pop,  "For Life", and STYX, "The Mission" My first STYX album since "Kilroy Was Here". Someone said it was a "Not Horrible Album being without Dennis DeYoung".  And they're RIGHT!  I LIKE IT! I used to have Lust For Life in vinyl, but never got it on CD yet.  Tomorrow I delve into the Grateful Dead album I'm familiar with the 'hits' but never had an album.  not even on vinyl.  Need to find a book of all their album cover art!  I've been fascinated with Skeletons and Skulls since I was a little kid [3 or 4].
Posted Image

#24 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:41 AM

Today I received Humble Pie "Hot 'n' Nasty: The Anthology" double CD with all the usual stuff.  Tons of stuff I've never heard before even though I'm 60 this year.  I guess the Radio station I was listening to didn't play stuff except the very hottest music......dummies...since then I've changed radio stations, and everything is different nowadays...but this album is GREAT!!!
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 14 October 2018 - 11:42 AM.

#25 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

New today.  Tygers of Pan Tang: The MCA Years.  a 5 CD Box set, the first four albums and a BBC album of live performances...good stuff! I got into them after the MCA years in 1988 when a friend of mine loaned me the First, second and fourth albums, so I could transfer them to Cassette tapes just when I was getting into CDs....this is the first time I've owned these albums on CD.  Found out John Sykes was in this band before he joined Thin Lizzy,Whitesnake, and others...
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 17 October 2018 - 01:46 PM.

#26 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

Received the Beatle's "Free As A Bird" single yesterday that has three other songs from the Anthology  albums on it.  Excellent song, John!
Posted Image

#27 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

Received "Humble Pie - Natural Born Bugie: The Immediate Anthology"  IMMEDIATE being the Label that Humble Pie started out on.  Double CD with a TON of songs  that weren't on the latest Anthology I got a few days ago....bringing my younger days into focus...
Posted Image

#28 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Just received Iron Maiden's Powerslave today.  something about hearing another TRFer playing "Rime of The Ancient Mariner" in the 'What are you listening to' thread got my attention.  I already have Piece of Mind, and Somewhere In Time albums....great stuff!  Also got Essential Mozart earlier this week.  I remember a lot of tune I didn't remember the title of....I love this man's music!
Posted Image

Edited by OldRUSHfan, 12 November 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#29 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 9833 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

I received this album to review, but decided to purchase it to support Jason Becker and his family:

Posted Image

#30 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

Just received "At Your Birthday Party" by Steppenwolf today, and "Monster" by them last week. Used to have "At Your Birthday Party"on Vinyl.  Got it as a present sometime...Missed it!
Posted Image

#31 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

Just received VOLA- applause of a distant crowd, and it is in my collection now...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2404 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 13 November 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Just received "At Your Birthday Party" by Steppenwolf today, and "Monster" by them last week. Used to have "At Your Birthday Party"on Vinyl.  Got it as a present sometime...Missed it!
Posted Image
Steppenwolf's album "The Second" is pretty damn good.  One of those albums that just sounds like the 60's.

#33 edhunter

edhunter

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3891 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

I bought 3 pairs of Michael Buble tickets for his show in Worcester. So that means I get six copies of his new CD...

#34 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

Recieved Donna Summer's "The Journey- The Very Best of Donna Summer."  My first wife used to have a tape or vinyl of the hit "She works Hard for the money" and I thought I'd had that song on a  disco CD I bought 20 years ago. after the divorce. Well, I hadn't now I have all the songs she put out that I can remember....
Posted Image

#35 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 6662 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

Back to my favorite record store on earth!

Alice Cooper - School's Out
Starcastle - Starcastle
Max Webster - Universal Juveniles
Uriah Heep - Salisbury
Shadowfax - Shadowdance

#36 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2404 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 12 November 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Just received Iron Maiden's Powerslave today.  something about hearing another TRFer playing "Rime of The Ancient Mariner" in the 'What are you listening to' thread got my attention.  I already have Piece of Mind, and Somewhere In Time albums....great stuff!  Also got Essential Mozart earlier this week.  I remember a lot of tune I didn't remember the title of....I love this man's music!
Posted Image
Mozart is THE MAN!!  Do you have the first 2 Maiden albums ORF?  They are my two favorite Maiden albums.

#37 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

View PostMithrandir, on 19 December 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Posted Image
Mozart is THE MAN!!  Do you have the first 2 Maiden albums ORF?  They are my two favorite Maiden albums.

I'll check those out Mithrandir!  Just purchased The first Three albums....Always wanted The Number Of The Beast, but never purchased it til now...
Posted Image

#38 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridgeâ„¢

• Members *
  • 10555 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

What is this "buy" you speak of?

#39 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

View PostFridge, on 19 December 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

What is this "buy" you speak of?

What are YOU talking about? To Which post are you referring? Huh?  WHAT???
Posted Image

#40 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

OrneryGRUMPYfan

• Members *
  • 9346 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostOldRUSHfan, on 19 December 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 19 December 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

I'll check those out Mithrandir!  Just purchased The first Three albums....Always wanted The Number Of The Beast, but never purchased it til now...
Posted Image

Just got the first three albums, Mithrandir, all 2015 remasters, and this group is THE TITS, MAN! [TITS used to be a term my friends and I and most of the male people in this area used to describe something that was ULTIMATELY COOL in my teens and up till NOW for ME!]  Now I REALLY wish I'd bought those first albums way back when!  Always liked the 'Eddie' concept...been a skeleton and skull fan since I was a kid.  I used to color Haunted Houses, with scary characters you could see through the windows...HA!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users