A "THUNDERBOLT" Unleashed With A TreeDuck Explosion Of Pure "FIREPOWER!" JUDAS PRIEST VS SAXON!

RUSHHEAD666

Heavy Metal Fuckking Thunder Meets The Sad Wings Of Destiny! GET IN THE RING MIUTHAUFFUKKAS!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2018 Heavy Fuckking Metal Release is Better????????

• JUDAS PRIEST! "FIREPOWER"
    • SAXON! "THUNDERBOLT"

The Saxon album is good, but it's like their last few. Firepower really feels like Priest made the best album they possibly could.

Great summary. Both are great bands, but Maiden overshadows them without much effort. Maiden never released a "Point of Entry" or a "Destiny". Even their worst album is more metal than Saxon and Priest will ever be. I will say this though: Firepower is amazing, as well as Thunderbolt. I've dreamed about a tour with those three bands forever. Too bad Motorhead would not be able to join them.

Not many votes so far, only 4...

It seems this poll is a bust.

No one truly cares about metal on here except a few of us.

No one likes Turbonegro.

I'm shocked.

Earl, you mean you're shocked that no one likes Turbonegro ??

Like Steel Panther, I understand the joke, but it's an unfunny one .. same with Turbonegro .. They are a joke band, a parody

I feel the same about horror films - the parodies, the comedic ones - I have zero interest

When something is a parody, it bears no resemblance to the real thing - it's all in the meaning, and those bands mean nothing to me

I know I know! I'm a melodic rock WHORE! I love STEEL PANTHER and TURBONEGRO! TO EACH THEIR OWN!

Before I go to sleep tonight, I'm going to listen to the new Turbonegro

I know they've gone thru some changes over the years, and I think I should at least give the new album a shot

SHOT IN THE DARK

I remember that video on heavy rotation on MTV

Jake E Lee = underrated to the max !!!!!!!!

Hahaha! My God Lucas! I hope you don't rip the new Turbonegro record. It's very Van Halen 1984! Anyway I LOVE IT!

Dude!

JAKE E LEE RULES!!

I have a Jake E Lee purple Strat. He's LEGEND.

Don't forget his work with BADLANDS!

Earl, I listened to Turbonegro's Rock N Roll Machine, and LORD HELP ME, I LIKE IT

:LOL:

That just goes to show what having my head in the sand can do

I ordered the CD a few minutes ago

• Like 1

So I am replaying Saxon albums. For whatever reason, I prefer Saxon overall. But the new Priest album still blows me away!

If you prefer Saxon over Priest then you haven't heard enough Priest. I will say this about Saxon, of all the metal bands to copy Priests sound, they were among the first and probably most successful.

Based on what I've heard, I reckon Proest will win over Saxon.

I'm not the highest fan of Halford's vocals though...I actually prefer his voice now to their classic days.

Halford's voice has matured better than just about any other metal vocalist as he's gotten older. He's has this amazing ability to use his voice just right as it has changed over the years. The man is among the most aware of what his voice can and can't do as time goes on and he adjusts it accordingly. I love both the dynamic range of his glory days equal to the current style. He's lost some range obviously but dare I say he sings with a clearer confidence and purpose since Angel Of Retribution. He certainly sings with more genuine emotion in his voice today.

• Like 3

So I am replaying Saxon albums. For whatever reason, I prefer Saxon overall. But the new Priest album still blows me away!

If you prefer Saxon over Priest then you haven't heard enough Priest. I will say this about Saxon, of all the metal bands to copy Priests sound, they were among the first and probably most successful.

Based on what I've heard, I reckon Proest will win over Saxon.

I'm not the highest fan of Halford's vocals though...I actually prefer his voice now to their classic days.

Halford's voice has matured better than just about any other metal vocalist as he's gotten older. He's has this amazing ability to use his voice just right as it has changed over the years. The man is among the most aware of what his voice can and can't do as time goes on and he adjusts it accordingly. I love both the dynamic range of his glory days equal to the current style. He's lost some range obviously but dare I say he sings with a clearer confidence and purpose since Angel Of Retribution. He certainly sings with more genuine emotion in his voice today.

I'll say this as a very amateur singer.

If you have a falsetto, the screams in Victim Of Changes or Beyond The Realms Of Death are really pretty easy.

This stuff he's pulling off on the new album, with all the variety of grit and growl and retaining his old croon and all with so much passion, that's not easy.

I say he's gotten better.

• Like 1

Lol, Earl's about convinced me to check out these two albums he keeps saying are better than the new JP.
  • Like 1

Lol, Earl's about convinced me to check out these two albums he keeps saying are better than the new JP.

Saxon?

Eh, everything they do is done better by Priest. But if you're looking for a dollar store version of Priest, Saxon are your guys.

• Like 1

Not many votes so far, only 4...

It seems this poll is a bust.

No one truly cares about metal on here except a few of us.

No one likes Turbonegro.

I'm shocked.

Earl, you mean you're shocked that no one likes Turbonegro ??

Like Steel Panther, I understand the joke, but it's an unfunny one .. same with Turbonegro .. They are a joke band, a parody

I feel the same about horror films - the parodies, the comedic ones - I have zero interest

When something is a parody, it bears no resemblance to the real thing - it's all in the meaning, and those bands mean nothing to me

I know I know! I'm a melodic rock WHORE! I love STEEL PANTHER and TURBONEGRO! TO EACH THEIR OWN!

Before I go to sleep tonight, I'm going to listen to the new Turbonegro

I know they've gone thru some changes over the years, and I think I should at least give the new album a shot

SHOT IN THE DARK

I remember that video on heavy rotation on MTV

Jake E Lee = underrated to the max !!!!!!!!

Hahaha! My God Lucas! I hope you don't rip the new Turbonegro record. It's very Van Halen 1984! Anyway I LOVE IT!

Dude!

JAKE E LEE RULES!!

I have a Jake E Lee purple Strat. He's LEGEND.

Don't forget his work with BADLANDS!

Eddie Trunk says the Badlands albums are out of print because of Ray Gillen's behaviour when he had AIDS. He apparently f***ed a ton of women before he died knowing he had the disease. Koch records reissued the albums and they were pulled from the shelves within a week. Rock Candy reissued them and the guy who runs Rock Candy Dante Bonutto said to Eddie Trunk, who phoned up to ask him about it, that they'd had no problem and was going well. And then the album came out and whoosh it was off the shelves within a week. And Dante was on the phone to Eddie Trunk, like yeah you were right!

Holy Shit Pat! I didn't know he was fuckking women without protection knowing he had the AIDS Virus. This is very unsettling to me as Ray has always been one of my favorite vocalists. I have all the Badlands Japan pressings and the Rock Candy pressings too.

I think "Dusk" is an underrated gem.

This sucks dude.

I didn't know Koch was going to reissue them too. Makes sense to pull them. Sadly.

I link you up with the video/audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGkiASqlqKE

Wow! Thanks buddy. I'm in shock.

Selfishly I'm glad I have my Japan pressings and Rock Candy pressings!!! Mine are sealed LOL!

I've not got any copies at all. I wouldn't mind having a copy of the first one.

I am very surprised you don't have the first two Badlands cds. But dude, "Dusk" is AMAZING!!" I like it better than "Voodoo Highway."

I got Voodoo Highway when it came out. I bought that and Skid Row Slave to the Grind at the same time. I didn't like either of them! I had to bury them both in the far field dried out pond! If you want that copy Earl maybe it's still out there 27 years later!

HAHAHAHA!! We truly were separated at birth. You bury cds in your backyard if you hate them. I usually roll down my window going 80 mph and chucking them into the freeway! LOL!

WTF?

You hated "SLAVE TO THE GRIND?"

You are nuts buddy! That album is METAL! Heavier than their weak MTV debut.

WHAT?

Love,

Quicksand Jesus

I just didn't like Bach's vocals, or the songs.

WHAT???

BACH WAS THE BAND! I love Snake Sabo on guitar but what? Pat! This is crazy!!!

SKID ROW KICKED ASS WITH BACH! Saw them many times!

Well Pat!

18 And Life To Go!

FUKK IT!

SKID ROW WITH BACH RULED!

It's ok Pat.

Sometimes we don't see eye to eye but!!!!!!!

"I'll Remember You" forever.

It just didn't work for me Earl what can I say?

I'm sorry Pat.

We all love what love buddy.

I can't twist your arm about Skid Row

I love that band!!!!!

I think Jon Bon Jovi discovered Skid Row in a bar. The self titled SKID ROW album was an instant hard rock AOR classic record.

I personally think the first Skid Row record was a commercial rock pop record.

So once Bach and the boys went through the motions to get the deal their sophomore release SLAVE TO THE GRIND was a fuckking molten metal masterpiece release.

So much heavier than the weak debut.

Then SUBHUMAN RACE came out. Skid Row's third record. HEAVY AS FUKK!

I am so surprised you hate Skid Row mate Duck.

SKID ROW WAS METAL!

Try this Earl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWmwUklXPM

I love Joel dude. Sadly I chose to see TOTO on Aug 3. Passing on Whitesnake and Foreigner who are headlining! DUMB

• Like 1

Both are great bands, but Maiden overshadows them without much effort. Maiden never released a "Point of Entry" or a "Destiny". Even their worst album is more metal than Saxon and Priest will ever be.

Wow. As always Rod, I respect your opinion and I'm usually nodding along, but I couldn't disagree more here.

To me, Maiden hasn't really sounded "metal" since Powerslave. That album (and arguably, all 4 that preceeded it) can compete with the best of classic Priest, but nothing Maiden's done since then does, IMO.

Priest has had clunkers too (I wish I could forget that Turbo exists), but even Point Of Entry - radio reaching as it may be - still sounds more metal to me than the majority of IM's catalogue. Yeah, I said that. :)

I appreciate the musical talent within Maiden and I even acknowldege that Priest lyrics are generally shallower than Maiden's, but the difference for me - and Firepower underscores it once again - is that Priest are way better at jumping in, saying what they need to say, *kicking your ass* and then getting out. Steve Harris used to be good at composing songs like that. Even longer pieces like Phantom and Rime felt like they were worthy of their length. But by X Factor, he fell in love with this sort of pseudo prog rock style where every other song is stretched out with either an interminable slow intro or choruses repeated ad nauseum, trying to make everything an "epic", but with more padding rather than substance. On top of that, he picks a producer that makes everything sound duller (I'm really glad Priest stayed away from Shirley). Sorry, just can't agree with you that Maiden still sounds "metal". "Painkiller" (the song) rips pretty much any Maiden tune to shreds in terms of heaviness. Again, just my opinions.

Sorry for veering off topic, but I felt a need to defend the mighty Priest. I honestly haven't heard the new Saxon, but guess I need to do that!

• Like 1

I absolutely love Rod! He is another Metal Brother of mine!

But hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I love this intriguing post.

It's so wonderful to have two hot threads in here all based on PRIEST SAXON and now MAIDEN!

IRON MAIDEN hasn't written a Masterpiece since "Seventh Son!"

"Fear Of The Dark" is crap. I will take "Point Of Entry" over ANY Maiden album Bruce ever did when he came back. YUCK!

Those Maiden albums with BLAZE are PURE SHITE. At least Tipper Owens sounded like Rob!!!

Out of MAIDEN, PRIEST and SAXON there is truly only one of these three heavyweights that need to fuckking RETIRE!

IRON MAIDEN!

PLEASE RETIRE!!!!!!!

YOUR BOOK OF SOULS TOUR WAS GARBAGE!

PRIEST AND SAXON TOGETHER!! PURE PERFECT BLISS!!!!

TEXAS MiKE! This is my thread! Veer off topic all you want! I love "BREAKING THE LAW!" I mean Forum Rules!!!!

NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING SUCKS TOO!

PRIEST AND SAXON FOREVER!!!

IRON MAIDEN TAKE A HIKE! YOU ARE DONE BRUCE! GO FLY A PLANE!

TOTO need to get back in the studio and this time not just record 3 songs and say "f**k it guys let's just take these three songs and put them on a greatest hits album, then we take the rest of the year off, man I'm tired of writing new songs dude!"
  • Like 1

The best of both worlds baby face!

YOU ROCK THE METAL KID! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

If I were you Myles I would give the first BLACK N BLUE album a spin. Or a download. It has Tommy Thayer on guitar. An 80's melodic metal masterpiece. TRUST ME!

I know you do despite my trollish ways......... LOL

• Like 1

TOTO need to get back in the studio and this time not just record 3 songs and say "f**k it guys let's just take these three songs and put them on a greatest hits album, then we take the rest of the year off, man I'm tired of writing new songs dude!"

Hahahaha! Nice random thought Pat. I have my TOTO tickets Pat. August 3. Third row. I have never seen them. I am bummed that Simon Phillips isn't in the band anymore but alas it should be a great show!

Yes, TOTO needs to put out a new record.

• Like 1

If I were you Myles I would give the first BLACK N BLUE album a spin. Or a download. It has Tommy Thayer on guitar. An 80's melodic metal masterpiece. TRUST ME!

Segue needs to grow his hair long, get a biker jacket, he'll look like Brendan Fraser in Airheads!

• Like 1

Hahahaha! Nice random thought Pat. I have my TOTO tickets Pat. August 3. Third row. I have never seen them. I am bummed that Simon Phillips isn't in the band anymore but alas it should be a great show!

Yes, TOTO needs to put out a new record.

It wasn't random Earl I quoted your TOTO point from a few pages back but the forum wouldn't let me quote again.

Segue needs to grow his hair long, get a biker jacket, he'll look like Brendan Fraser in Airheads!

Hahahaha! Classic! I totally agree! Myles could totally pull it off. The dude is very good looking. Timberlake meets James Dean.

• Like 1

Hey TexMike, I totally understand, man. I know that Maiden's longer songs since The X Factor are not for everyone, and that Priest is more straight ahead, in-your-face metal. I just enjoy Maiden much more, and what I was trying to say is that they never went down the commercial highway like Priest and Saxon did. Songs like "Hot Rocking" and "You Say Yes, I say No" make me cringe!!!

Maiden's output since Bruce's return is an acquired taste, and the material sometimes lacks, but overall, I like it much more.

Holy Mother of Perpetual Metal... I'll interview Biff Byford next Monday! Any questions for him?

WOW Rod, that's great. I'm looking forward to this one. Congrats.

To break the ice, ask him about his fave album of all time, he's a big Rush fan. ;)

• Like 1

Holy Mother of Perpetual Metal... I'll interview Biff Byford next Monday! Any questions for him?

WOW Rod, that's great. I'm looking forward to this one. Congrats.

To break the ice, ask him about his fave album of all time, he's a big Rush fan. ;)

Will do! They toured with Rush at some point, right?

• Like 1