Grace Under Pressure withstands the test of time !

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8329 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:05 AM

View PostGed Lent, on 04 February 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

View Postdaveyt, on 04 February 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

plus i always wonder what the album would have sounded like if it were produced by the guy who left them hanging. my guess is that it wouldn't be as good but you never know

I think that'd've been Steve Lillywhite, who I can imagine they were looking to for, amongst much previous, his most recent work on U2's War album, from which

oooh interesting!

Sponsored Post

#42 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 31929 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

View Postdaveyt, on 04 February 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

plus i always wonder what the album would have sounded like if it were produced by the guy who left them hanging. my guess is that it wouldn't be as good but you never know

I think that'd've been Steve Lillywhite, who I can imagine they were looking to for, amongst much previous, his most recent work on U2's War album, from which

oooh interesting!

Check it davey:

http://www.google.co...r-pressure/amp/

((Hope you’re well btw :hail: Go Pats! :hail: ))

#43 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8329 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 February 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

oooh interesting!

Check it davey:

thanks! :hotdog: :hail: :fury: you going to a SB party?

#44 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 31929 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

View Postdaveyt, on 04 February 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 04 February 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

oooh interesting!

Check it davey:

thanks! :hotdog: :hail: :fury: you going to a SB party?

It’s not even 6am out here and the only place I know that’s showing the SB is Hoooters which is in the city center. And that’s 2 trains and nearly an hour away. So I’m going!!! :lol:  :hail:

Doors open at 7:30am, kick off at 8:30am! :blaze:

#45 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21906 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

I was not a big fan of this album when it came out. It seemed like a watered down version of Signals, which was kind of sad. It's grown on me over the years though and I like it now.

#46 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 20075 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

I loved it when it came out and I still love it.  The sound on this album is one of the most unique they've ever put out.  Everything was so clean sounding.  One of Alex's best albums imo.

#47 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6345 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

“Someone should explain to Geddy Lee that you must be a good songwriter to get an ‘odd-time-signatures’ tune across pop radio,” he said. “Listen to ‘All you Need is Love’ by The Beatles or ‘Money’ by Pink Floyd and there are prime examples.” - Steve Lillywhite

Someone should explain to Steve Lillywhite that the fans who have adored Rush for 40 years don't really give a shit.

#48 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

GUP would be one of my top 5 RUSH albums.  They haven't made an album since Grace that I like more.

#49 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 31929 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

“Someone should explain to Geddy Lee that you must be a good songwriter to get an ‘odd-time-signatures’ tune across pop radio,” he said. “Listen to ‘All you Need is Love’ by The Beatles or ‘Money’ by Pink Floyd and there are prime examples.” - Steve Lillywhite

Someone should explain to Steve Lillywhite that the fans who have adored Rush for 40 years don't really give a shit.

That’s a pretty rude way of Lillywhite to express his thoughts on Geddy’s songwriting ability. f**k him though; I like Grace Under Pressure as is. :hail: Who knows what it would have been like if he actually had honored his agreement with Rush?

#50 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 6345 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 February 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

That’s a pretty rude way of Lillywhite to express his thoughts on Geddy’s songwriting ability. f**k him though; I like Grace Under Pressure as is. :hail: Who knows what it would have been like if he actually had honored his agreement with Rush?

Yeah, if I were quoted saying something like that in an interview, I would feel pretty ashamed.  I'm so lucky, though - I'm not famous, so I don't get interviewed.  I can keep my snotty opinions to myself.

Unless I share them on here.

#51 Wil1972

Wil1972

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1833 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 06 February 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 06 February 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Yeah, if I were quoted saying something like that in an interview, I would feel pretty ashamed.  I'm so lucky, though - I'm not famous, so I don't get interviewed.  I can keep my snotty opinions to myself.

Unless I share them on here.

"Someone should explain to Geddy Lee that you must be a good songwriter to get an ‘odd-time-signatures’ tune across pop radio,” he said. “Listen to ‘All you Need is Love’ by The Beatles or ‘Money’ by Pink Floyd and there are prime examples.” - Steve Lillywhite

"F**k you, puppet!" - Alex Lifeson

Edited by Wil1972, 06 February 2018 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users