Counterparts Tour

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

Saw this tour in Rochester, NY. Last stop with Candlebox so they played the first verse of Working Man and Geddy sang it from back stage. Halfway through the show Alex teased the opening riff and Neil sat there with his arms folded.

Sponsored Post

#22 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3962 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

The CD is pretty cool too.

#23 chemistry

chemistry

The Seeker

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

Rosemont Horizon Mar 29 & 30th. FRONT ROW both nights

#24 Na na na

Na na na

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2055 posts
  • Interests:Music, cooking, wine, fine clothing, wet shaving, traveling & football (soccer)

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

Blue Barchetta, on 23 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

This may have been discussed previously.  If so, sorry I missed it.  But...I just found a very high quality (as in professional) video of the whole Counterparts show at Auburn Hills on Youtube.  Any idea why the guys don't clean this up and release it on DVD/ Blu-ray?  I'll hang up and listen.

Rush, Primus
The Palace Of Auburn Hills
Auburn Hills (Detroit), Michigan
March 22 & 27, 1994
$734, 235
$35,00 $22,50
Belkins Productions, Cellar Door Concerts

#25 Na na na

Na na na

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2055 posts
  • Interests:Music, cooking, wine, fine clothing, wet shaving, traveling & football (soccer)

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:26 AM

Wil1972, on 23 December 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Blue Barchetta, on 23 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

This may have been discussed previously.  If so, sorry I missed it.  But...I just found a very high quality (as in professional) video of the whole Counterparts show at Auburn Hills on Youtube.  Any idea why the guys don't clean this up and release it on DVD/ Blu-ray?  I'll hang up and listen.

I've seen that on YouTube and I hope we will see a release of this. That was my first Rush tour. Saw them in Atlanta.

Rush, Candlebox
The Omni
Atlanta, Georgia
February 24, 1994
$281,907
$30,50 $23,50
Beaver productions

#26 Na na na

Na na na

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2055 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

micgtr71, on 27 December 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Saw this tour in Rochester, NY. Last stop with Candlebox so they played the first verse of Working Man and Geddy sang it from back stage. Halfway through the show Alex teased the opening riff and Neil sat there with his arms folded.

Rush, Candlebox
Rochester Community War Memorial
Rochester, New York
May 4, 1994
$198,848
$29,50 $22,50

#27 Na na na

Na na na

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2055 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:32 AM

chemistry, on 30 December 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Rosemont Horizon Mar 29 & 30th. FRONT ROW both nights

Rush, Primus
Rosemont Horizon
Rosemont (Chicago), Illinois
March 29 & 30, 1994
$528,363
$32,50 $22,50
Jam Productions

#28 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3962 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

Relatively short tour but caught them March 8th and 9th at MSG, NYC, April 22 at the Meadowlands and April 29 in Philly.

#29 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

The Counterparts tour was a strange one,, They brought back analog kid, mystic rhythms,and hemispheres prelude,, but they started this tour in jan of 1994, when the  country we got hit really bad with cold icy nasty weather, and geddy got hit by a nasty cold around March. so bad, it really strained his vocal cords,, to the point where the tour only ran to May 7th,, and ged had to cancel a few dates cause his voice was really shot. Theres a soundboard from largo MD where he couldn't even finish the show.. I do agree with one poster,, the 3/22/94 pro shot sold at record conventions was a rush fans dream come true . crappy quality and and all,, just happy to have it. cause no footage of them live had been available since the show of hands VHS.

Edited by nicky6, 07 January 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#30 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

The Dad Abides

• Members
  • 10292 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Different Stages Deluxe Edition remixed by Steven Wilson with Live Blu Ray 5.1 Detroit(1994) and Toronto (1997) coming November 2028

#31 Lurkst

Lurkst

The Seeker

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

View Postnicky6, on 07 January 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

I do agree with one poster,, the 3/22/94 pro shot sold at record conventions was a rush fans dream come true . crappy quality and and all,, just happy to have it. cause no footage of them live had been available since the show of hands VHS.

And none would be again til the Rio DVD nearly a decade later. Hard to believe these days...

#32 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3962 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

The Counterparts tour was a strange one,, They brought back analog kid, mystic rhythms,and hemispheres prelude,, but they started this tour in jan of 1994, when the  country we got hit really bad with cold icy nasty weather, and geddy got hit by a nasty cold around March. so bad, it really strained his vocal cords,, to the point where the tour only ran to May 7th,, and ged had to cancel a few dates cause his voice was really shot. Theres a soundboard from largo MD where he couldn't even finish the show.. I do agree with one poster,, the 3/22/94 pro shot sold at record conventions was a rush fans dream come true . crappy quality and and all,, just happy to have it. cause no footage of them live had been available since the show of hands VHS.

Geddy may well have been under the weather at times (That Landover gig is one of the most painful vocal listens in Rush live history. You can't help but really feel for the guy,) but the Counterparts tour was abbreviated because Geddy wanted to be home for the birth of his daughter.

#33 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10509 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostLurkst, on 07 January 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

I do agree with one poster,, the 3/22/94 pro shot sold at record conventions was a rush fans dream come true . crappy quality and and all,, just happy to have it. cause no footage of them live had been available since the show of hands VHS.

And none would be again til the Rio DVD nearly a decade later. Hard to believe these days...

They did film the shows for the T4E tour to release with the Different Stages live album but it was plagued by shoddy recording is what I heard. That would've put their live album/video/DVD rotation around every 4 albums as they had done with ATWAS-ASOH if it hadn't been for that.

Seems they did it in Rio for Vapor Trails instead but the hiatus extended the difference by another 5 years so there ya go.

For better or worse, I'm really glad the Rio recording/DVD exists. Probably the best official concert release of them ever. The energy is unmatchable from that crazy crowd and the setlist. Vapor Trails really serves itself well live, even if the album isn't everyone's cup of tea. ATWAS might document them as young and hungry to prove themselves, but Rio is a masterpiece of 3 guys at the absolute top of their game live.

#34 Lurkst

Lurkst

The Seeker

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

BowlCity, on 13 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Lurkst, on 07 January 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

nicky6, on 07 January 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

They did film the shows for the T4E tour to release with the Different Stages live album but it was plagued by shoddy recording is what I heard. That would've put their live album/video/DVD rotation around every 4 albums as they had done with ATWAS-ASOH if it hadn't been for that.

Seems they did it in Rio for Vapor Trails instead but the hiatus extended the difference by another 5 years so there ya go.

For better or worse, I'm really glad the Rio recording/DVD exists. Probably the best official concert release of them ever. The energy is unmatchable from that crazy crowd and the setlist. Vapor Trails really serves itself well live, even if the album isn't everyone's cup of tea. ATWAS might document them as young and hungry to prove themselves, but Rio is a masterpiece of 3 guys at the absolute top of their game live.

Agree there. Rio was a career peak, arguably THE peak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users