The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

Holtby earned his pay tonight, and perhaps a trip to the ladies room at a Russian high school. :P Ovechkin and Eller finally came through. Kuznetsov's injury is a concern. :unsure:
  • Like 1

:)

I thought the Caps might win a game but now I don't think they will. They can't keep up with a team that works as hard as Vegas does. Unless the officials start calling the rough stuff, Vegas will sweep.

Well so much for that theory!:P

• Like 1

Holtby earned his pay tonight, and perhaps a trip to the ladies room at a Russian high school. :P Ovechkin and Eller finally came through. Kuznetsov's injury is a concern. :unsure:

Fleury has played very well, but I've never been terribly impressed with him before this year. Holtby has at times been outstanding.

You have to Capital-ize on a minute long 5 on 3.

Great series so far.

• Like 4

In a note that could qualify for the 2018-19 NHL Thread. The Lightning has let go two defensive coaches. This swift move was preceded by a statement made by GM Steve Eiserman that "We were just not good enough defensively not only in the playoff but also in the regular season. Also it was announced yesterday (or possibly the day before) that Forward Ryan Callahan will be out for 5 months due to shoulder surgery. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Pretty sluggishness on both sides of the ice for a game 3 in the finals during the 1st period...

I hung in for two periods, but passed on the 3rd. The result never seemed in doubt, as the Caps were simply dominating in every aspect.

It was as exciting as watching an episode of Wheel of Foetune. Blame Pat Sajack.

• Like 3

Pretty sluggishness on both sides of the ice for a game 3 in the finals during the 1st period...

I hung in for two periods, but passed on the 3rd. The result never seemed in doubt, as the Caps were simply dominating in every aspect.

It was as exciting as watching an episode of Wheel of Foetune. Blame Pat Sajack.

Or 99% of all NBA games. ;)

• Like 2

I picked the Caps in 6 but the way they're playing tonight it might not make it to 6 games.

The bounces are finally not going Knights' way. The first five minutes of the game a perfect example of that. And when Smith-Pelly and Kempny are scoring on you, you know you're in trouble. I'll be ready with my beer on Thursday...

Well after last night, this series seems to have an eerie reminiscence! The Caps appear to be doing to Vegas what they did to my Lightning. Swarming defense and excellent net minding & taking what they're being given and capatalizing (for lack of a better term :P ). I saw the same expressions on the Knights players faces as I did on the Lightnings when time after time nothing they did was working! Plus the Caps are playing like the deserve to be there and just not the "fluke" of the league. I really have no soft spot for the Caps as I just genuinely do not like them!!! However with that said if they do win out (which it appears they have the momentum to do) I can say "Well at least my Bolts! got knocked out by the Stanley Cup Champs... Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

You ever see a 3-1 lead get blown in the Stanley cup finals? Sit back and watch it happen!

Caps have done it a record five times. :cheerleader:
  • Like 3

You ever see a 3-1 lead get blown in the Stanley cup finals? Sit back and watch it happen!

But never in a Stanley cup final! Solidify their place in history as the master of the choke!

You guys are forgetting one thing. Yesterday's loss means that if the Knights come back and win, they'll do it wearing those ugly home uniforms. What a terrible group Cup photo that would make. :ph34r:

But never in a Stanley cup final! Solidify their place in history as the master of the choke!

You guys are forgetting one thing. Yesterday's loss means that if the Knights come back and win, they'll do it wearing those ugly home uniforms. What a terrible group Cup photo that would make. :ph34r:

I like their uniforms.
  • Like 1

I like their uniforms.

The logo's fine, but the combination of colors makes me think of a squashed fly. Very nauseating.

bho9Oen.gif

I'm just gonna ride the wave right now!

bho9Oen.gif

I'm just gonna ride the wave right now!

Yeah, I wish the Caps would stop doing the bird thing after scoring. It looks silly. Can you imagine the Hawks scalping Holtby after a goal...hmm. :drool:
  • Like 2

This will be my last post in this years NHL thread.

If the Capitals are going to win the cup they have to win Thursday. If they lose Thursday, they will lose the series.

See you guys next year!! :hi:

:hi: :hi: Goodbye . . .

• Like 1