The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

Great, great effort both ways!

Can't say the same about the NBA game I'm sharing time with. Houston in the 3rd period... :facepalm:

• Like 2

Net is empty...

Eller fans the potential tying goal!!!!

And it leads to an empty-netter!

My God, that chance Eller had, that'll give a person nightmares.
  • Like 1

It's worth looking up a comparison between how the Knights players did last year vs. how they did this year. Some of the players' stats differentials are eyepopping.

Yes, it kind of reminds me of Patrick Sharp. He was a 4th line player in Philadelphia, nobody believed in him, and then of course he became one of the best players in Chicago for quite some time. That's one example, but to have the whole Knights team perform this way... :wacko:
  • Like 1

Net is empty...

Eller fans the potential tying goal!!!!

And it leads to an empty-netter!

My God, that chance Eller had, that'll give a person nightmares.

:yes:

It's worth looking up a comparison between how the Knights players did last year vs. how they did this year. Some of the players' stats differentials are eyepopping.

Yes, it kind of reminds me of Patrick Sharp. He was a 4th line player in Philadelphia, nobody believed in him, and then of course he became one of the best players in Chicago for quite some time. That's one example, but to have the whole Knights team perform this way... :wacko:

The way they built the team was perfect. No superstars, just good players across the board so tgat evry line is competitive. There's no real drop in talent regardless of who is on the ice.
  • Like 1

The way they built the team was perfect. No superstars, just good players across the board so tgat evry line is competitive. There's no real drop in talent regardless of who is on the ice.

OK, Neal, Haula, maybe Perron, Fleury, although he was run out of Pittsburgh because everyone was blaming him for the Pens not winning again. That's three guys and a goalie. On defense there's no one worth mentioning. As I was saying... :wacko:

OK now, this is serious! It's rumored that Phil Kessel is on the trading block! It doesn't help that his performance in the playoffs was pretty lackluster. :(

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/13688857-74/penguins-reportedly-looking-to-trade-phil-kessel

NY3wfH7.png

OK now, this is serious! It's rumored that Phil Kessel is on the trading block! It doesn't help that his performance in the playoffs was pretty lackluster. :(

http://triblive.com/...ade-phil-kessel

NY3wfH7.png

"underlying dissatisfaction." Sounds ominous. Who'll give up what for PK? Intriguing.

As far as the picture goes, how about a mini Stanley to swig beer out of?

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

NY3wfH7.png

I read that he was playing hurt. He looked to me to be out of shape but I guess it could be both. Hard to stay in shape if you can't work out due to injury.

Not sure I would bail on him yet.

• Like 1

:)

I thought the Caps might win a game but now I don't think they will. They can't keep up with a team that works as hard as Vegas does.

But...they came up just short on the road in game 1. Three goals, with a fanned tie goal. A pretty good showing.

Knights score first, but the Caps keep pressuring and are getting good chances. Nice save by Fleury around the 8 min mark.
  • Like 1

Caps' domination of the 16th minute of the 1st ends up in a big scrum. Great work by Oshie behind the net to set up a Wash scoring chance. Caps keep pressuring..

GOAL!!!!!

Tied up!

Edited by goose

:)

I thought the Caps might win a game but now I don't think they will. They can't keep up with a team that works as hard as Vegas does. Unless the officials start calling the rough stuff, Vegas will sweep.

I can guess what you'll be saying when the Capitals win the Cup: "They won it by beating an expansion team. It's not really a championship." :codger:

NY3wfH7.png

Hmm, he would be a good replacement for Hossa. :drool:
  • Like 1